How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2008
V.I.P.

Portland Shopping
Despite having lived in Portland, Oregon for the past few years, I have not really experienced the fashion scene at all. Now, a few weeks ago tFS had a fashion spotlight on the fashion around these parts and how it has a serene and laid back chic about the whole image, and I would like to know where people shop online, or otherwise, that relate to Portland!

I found some stores with features online for some people who haven't been here to look at, so they can kind of see the vibe:
Amalee Boutique
Local35
Sofada

I personally haven't been to any of these, and go to Redlight and Buffalo Exchange more than independent clothing stores, but I would love your opinion!

25-08-2008
front row

I was in Portland last week and found Halo Shoes. I got a couple pair that was on clearance at 50% off. I didn’t have time to go anywhere else.

05-09-2008
backstage pass

My boyfriend wants to move to Portland, I would love to see what they have for shops. Maybe i should check yelp.

05-09-2008
backstage pass

Here is what I found for vintage and thrift:
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...d_loc=portland

08-09-2008
Soviet Camaro

I love Local35! I have been going there since they opened; they have always done a good job on their buying. Mostly mid-range brands, and pretty cohesive; you can put together a complete and eclectic outfit out of their stock. Cool atmosphere and employees, generally good music too.

windowshopping

I live in the Portland metro area, and there are a lot of shops to browse through (though I may not shop in any of the higher end stores, I know there are a lot.)

Portland is great for second hand stores though. Two Buffalo Exchange, The Red Light, Ray's Ragtime are all in the Pearl District. I really recommend Ray's Ragtime if you are looking for more higher quality, unique pieces that ranges from the actual vintage to a few couture pieces here and there.

12-08-2009
front row

I'm moving to PDX in the next few weeks and will obviously be checking out the fashion scene and hope to get more resources. I'm moving from the San Francisco Bay Area so I know there will be some differences. I guess for the high end department stores going up to Seattle would be my best bet? I cant wait to check out all of the thrift stores!

12-08-2009
V.I.P.

I will be in pdx in 10 days visiting a friend, been many times before it being 2.5/3 hr drive from where I live in Seattle/Someone tell me where to get a leather jacket, and cool ripped jeans!

They have a Saks in Portland, (very VERY small) and A Nordstrom, also small.

But you'll have to come to Seattle/Bellevue for Nordstrom Flagship, Barneys New York & Opening in September, Neiman-Marcus, Hermes, another LV, Jimmy Choo, David Barton gym, etc
www.thebravern.com

Last edited by LetThemEatCake; 12-08-2009 at 03:02 AM.
08-02-2011
rising star

I'll be (hopefully)heading down to Portland in March for a shopping/eating weekend with my boyfriend. I've been trying to find out about good local boutiques for both of us. Local35 definitely looks like our style, but a lot of the boutiques I find seem to less trendy/edgy than I expected. Any suggestions? I don't mind spending a bit more for great pieces, but my boyfriend would like to keep it a bit more economical (he usually shops at places like Urban Outfitters). Any suggestions?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
portland, shopping