How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2004
backstage pass

Anyone going?

My wife tells me that it starts on Monday (she is going) and runs through the 27th. You have to make an appointment with Prada online. They won't allow you in without it.

They have various pricepoints with the deepest discounts being 50% off wholesale prices.

It's on 57th st in the Fuller Building.

14-08-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i thought it sucked last season...the prices weren't low enought to be worth the trouble...the discounts in the stores were as good or better...

not a true sample sale...more of an overstock sale...and all the editors from the top mags will get first dibs...

14-08-2004
backstage pass

Ah, I see. Not a huge Prada fan, but some Miu Miu items (shoes) appeal to me.

My wife is going on the first day. That's some type of special acess/employees day I believe. She says after that, hardly anything good is left.

I can imagine the crowds that must be there, but I guess that is why they have the appointment only policy.

Are there any true sample sales left Soft? Everything now seems to be a stock sale. I know what you mean about the in store discounts. Perfect example is Barneys. Everyone rushes to the Warehouse sale, but for that first week or so, the stuff is the same price as it was at the Madison Ave store, and you can shop in a more relaxing environment with the option to return.

The sales have been few and far between. I've been to Ferragamo this year and I think Malo.

14-08-2004
fashion elite

It was awful last august ( I didnt go to the february-i think thats when it was-one). Everything was either very $$ for a sample sale or just plain ugly. It isn't hard to get on the list though, if you know the email (which I believe is sample.sale@prada.com) and say a friend refered you, then ur in. Not worh it in my opinion.

matt

flaunt the imperfection

i would agree with that for the most part...if your wife is going on the first day she could score some good stuff...

but i agree with you about the barneys warehouse sale... i really don't even bother anymore...this season has been a pretty bad one as far as sample sales go...but the store sales have been amazing...

14-08-2004
backstage pass

They changed the registration process this year MJ.

http://www.pradasamplesale.com

Now you have to make the appointments via this website and create a username and password (isn't this a bit much for a sample sale?)

It looks like everything for the upcoming week is booked and the pickings for next week are pretty slim.

14-08-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Aug 14 2004, 09:57 PM
They changed the registration process this year MJ.

http://www.pradasamplesale.com

Now you have to make the appointments via this website and create a username and password (isn't this a bit much for a sample sale?)

It looks like everything for the upcoming week is booked and the pickings for next week are pretty slim.
[snapback]332412[/snapback]
theory...will you please let us know how it is after your wife gets back?...i would appreciate it...that will help me to decide of i should bother with my appt...

much appreciated...

16-08-2004
front row

I tried to get a reservation, but it looks all full to me.

flaunt the imperfection

theory...did your wife go today?...how was it?...

17-08-2004
backstage pass

Hey Soft

Yes, she went and said it was pretty bad, as she expected.

Lots of old clothes, some dirty, some looking worn. She said it was a complete waste of time. Remember the inside out jackets Prada did, what, in 2001? Those were there. She said they had tons of clothes, but they were all ugly or flashy. Sweaters still upwards of $300. Some of the shoes appeared to be worn, and my wife did find a pair she liked but they were $200 with 10% off. Defintely not worth it. Mainly styles nobody ever wanted. She did comment to me that the quality of the merchandise overall was pretty bad, even compared to last year's.

As most people go for bags, there weren't many. A few very old pinkish colored messenger bags. Some type of straw material bags as well. She managed to get my name on the list for tomorrow and since I'm a glutton for punishment I'll probably drop in

Are you going next week?

17-08-2004
flaunt the imperfection

thanks so much for the 411...let me know if you concur...i may get slipped in but don't know when...really can't be bothered but i like to know what's going on...
really can't be bothered with the barney's sale either but as i may have the day off...i may just do a bit of browsing...

17-08-2004
flaunt the imperfection

wait...so were there any fall samples?...like what's in the stores now...or was it all the tye dye stuff from spring???

17-08-2004
backstage pass

No, I think that the latest they carried is Spring 04.

That would make sense huh, fall samples at the sample sale....another abuse of the term...

It's supposed to be mainly Fall/Winter 03, Resort 04, and Spring 04. Then I guess past seasons stuff that languishes from sale to sale.

My wife thinks it's mainly returned stuff from the vendors Soft. She saw Holt Renfew tags, some others stores, and whatever overstock from the Prada boutiques.

17-08-2004
backstage pass

Prada's quality is ill-represented through its glossy ads.

Patrizio Bertelli should not be under the impression that bigger is better.

Charles Baudelaire
17-08-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Aug 17 2004, 05:53 PM
No, I think that the latest they carried is Spring 04.

That would make sense huh, fall samples at the sample sale....another abuse of the term...

It's supposed to be mainly Fall/Winter 03, Resort 04, and Spring 04. Then I guess past seasons stuff that languishes from sale to sale.

My wife thinks it's mainly returned stuff from the vendors Soft. She saw Holt Renfew tags, some others stores, and whatever overstock from the Prada boutiques.
[snapback]336139[/snapback]
i KNEW it...figures...complete waste of time...i'm not going...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
prada, sale, sample