How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2006
scenester

I'm going to Rome in two weeks and I'd be really thrilled if you let me know about any outlets in or near Rome...
Where are the best places to go shopping?
Where to get Miu Miu, Ralph Lauren etc.?

23-11-2006
fashion insider

the last, although not confirmed, info is that sales in rome start on 20JAN, but the confirmation is expected in december.

backstage pass

I knew there si a bulgari outlet in roma.. but forget the address..a nyone can confirm?

27-03-2007
backstage pass

Can anyone comfirm if the places named below still are any good? I'm going to Rome in a few weeks, and would like to go beside the beaten path this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi25
-in Via del Governo Vecchio (close to Piazza Navona)you'll find a lot of nice vintage stores, for clothes and jewellery..also some cute shops with mixed designer brands...

-in Via del Boschetto (close to Termini station/via Nazionale)you'll find other secondhand shops.Pulp (really cheap new designers) god save the look (classy, good vintage) and Idra (clubwear, second hand and gadgets) and some more shops, always in the Monti-area...

-monday-saturday it's a quite big inside market in Via Sannio (Metro:S.Giovanni) from early morning until lunchtime. Some good vintage (the lady with the seventies-dresses in the end!), fur, bags, but also a lot of crap like Carhartt or Londsdale or Vuitton-copies..

-On sundays it's a small market in viale Flaminia on a backyard, like a garage-sale..my friend always finds original Chanel bags or Fendi shoes for 5 euros..It's open all day long..

28-03-2007
scenester

I live in Rome, the places you said are ok.
When you go in VIA DEL GOVERNO VECCHIO, don't miss "PEOPLE" a vintage shop in a street nearby: Piazza Teatro di Pompeo 4a (close to CAMPO DE' FIORI).
Also, PORTA PORTESE is a huge street market open only on Sunday till 2 pm.

28-03-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 boots
I live in Rome, the places you said are ok.
When you go in VIA DEL GOVERNO VECCHIO, don't miss "PEOPLE" a vintage shop in a street nearby: Piazza Teatro di Pompeo 4a (close to CAMPO DE' FIORI).
Also, PORTA PORTESE is a huge street market open only on Sunday till 2 pm.
Thank you I will look for that shop as well.

Oh, I cant wait now. I find myself drifting away a few times a day and dreaming of plates of pasta and the unbelieavble tramezzini that they serve at the place were we usually go for breakfast (they make simple things like egg and tomato taste ).

24-04-2007
backstage pass

yad better go to the northern prt i think.. just 2 hours with IC... to the super outlet... the fashion industry is in the northern part

14-11-2007
PopWillEatItself

Is anyone familiar with a shop called Luna & L' Altra?

It's supposed to be carrying japanese and Belgian designers and is located on Piazza Pasquino....

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a list of the designers it stocks as they don't have a website...

14-11-2007
front row

I believe Luna & L'Altra stock mainly non italian designers which include Issey Mibyake, Martin Margiela, Jean Paul Gaultier and Dries van Noten (apparently they are romes only stockings of dvn). They do accessories too apparently.

The address/contact number: Luna & L'altra, Via Del Governo Vecchio 105, Roma. Tel 0039 06 6880 4995.

15-11-2007
PopWillEatItself

Thank you soooo much! This was really helpful!

15-11-2007
PopWillEatItself

Sorry to bother you again cate-lola, but do you also know which store sells Malloni in Rome?

Last edited by melt977; 15-11-2007 at 01:53 AM.
29-11-2007
backstage pass

I'll just add something...

The Monti area (between the central station Termini and Colosseum, tahe bus 40 from Termini and get off the first stop after piazza Repubblica, go down left...) in this moment is so great...

"Super" at the exit of metro Cavour, blue line (Raf simons, Marios, Cheap Monday ecc)
"Misty Beethoven" Via Degli Zingari 12 New elegant fetish shop: Westwood, Agent Provocateur, great interiors, perfumes ecc...

Beside that shop: "Contesta" simple streetstyle...nice stuff..

And also Via del Boschetto, there are opening up small new shops all the time, young designers etc...

Also via Leonina (close to metro Cavour) and then turn left for Via Urbana....more street-inspired shops...

29-11-2007
Hell on Heels

omg.
agent provocateur in rome?
i think i just LOVE you for telling me this.

29-11-2007
backstage pass

You didn't know about that shop?! It's LOVELY!! I go there every saturday afternoon to get perfume samples (...) and just enjoy the environment...the staff is really nice too...! They also organizes a club @ Micca one tuesday every month...

29-11-2007
Hell on Heels

yes now i've seen the website and the micca club banner i realized i had probably heard about it - but i tend to easily forget things - and thats bad i know.
its just that thats an area of the city that i KNOW its full of nice shops but i barely ever get the time to take a stroll around there

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rome, shopping