How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2005
windowshopping

Seattle Shopping
i'm living in vancouver and the shopping is slightly ridiculous at times so i'm heading down to seattle very soon too shop shop shop.

can anybody give me some cool shops to hit up?

i don't want anything i can find in vancouver. i want seasonal basics. i want stuff. most importantly, I WANT THOSE MARC JACOB ANKLE BOOTS!!!!$R%$...you know the ones that wrap round! i don't think holt renfrew carries em, and i can't think of anywhere else in van that will carry them. i'm willing to drive too the boots!

14-04-2005
scenester

i haven't lived in seattle in two years but...

downtown there is the nordstrom flagship store as well as a barneys that both carry your typical high end fashion. pacific place across from nordstrom is like a higher end mall...but if you are into places that are super mainstream then its not bad.

if you are into boutique shopping there are some great places in belltown (just a short walk from the downtown core)

my favourite little boutiuqe is called "les amis" in freemont and i always spend an insane amount of money there every time i visit seattle

capital hill has more edgy appeal...there are some fun little shops in that area that cater to up and coming designers and local designers. (look into agent x who makes fabulous deconstructed clothing) one of my favourite shops on capital hill is right off the corner of pike & broadway next to platinum records.

there is also a great conseignment type place where you can find vintage designer treasures

another amazing place for vintage clothing is "red light" which is right in the heart of broadway. (capital hill is the gay/edgy/trendy/hip area...belltown is as well but its more upscale hip)

front row

These are the places I usually hit when I venture into downtown Seattle:

Barney's New York: All the usual Barney's stuff, with nice salespeople, and $6 all-day Saturday parking. I-5 south to Union street exit, right on 6th Ave, then immediately look for the sign on the left advertising $6 parking. Do not be led astray by the Washington Athletic Club parking on the same block, which is highway robbery at $8.50 for 3 hours.

Nordstrom Flagship store at Pine and 6th Ave: handbag heaven, with Chanel, YSL, and Ferragamo boutiques, also Chloe, Celine, Jimmy Choo, etc. Upstairs designer boutiques include Chanel, YSL, Alexander McQueen, Piazza Sempione. Very friendly service, classic Nordstrom, even in the Chanel boutiques. You can get bandages for your shopping-damaged feet at the customer service desk near shoes.

Mario's, 1513 6th Ave: Menswear downstairs, women's upstairs. Upscale European designer brands: Etro, Prada, Chloe, Tod's, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, Jil Sander, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Narciso Rodriguez, Christian Louboutin. Creed fragrances.

Alhambra, 101 Pine Street: an eclectic mix--Trina Turk, Wyeth, Tracy Reese, Edward An, Nanette Lepore, Lisa Nading, Gentle Souls.

Betty Blue, 608 Second Ave: Last season's upscale designer pieces at a discount: Comme des Garcons, Yohji Yamamoto, Y3, Rick Owens, Stella McCartney, Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana, Dries van Noten, Christian Dior, Balenciaga.

Baby & Co, 1936 1st Ave: Avante-garde clothing. Marithe and Francois Girbaud, Lilith, Shirin Guild, Comme des Garcons. Avoids trends...to the point of being bizarre, sometimes.

J. Gilbert footwear, 2025 1st Ave: unusual, pricey, comfortable, stylish footwear that fits my wide feet. Also some clothes and interesting handbags.

Jeri Rice, 421 University St: An elegant friend of mine really likes this store. However, I've never found anything very interesting there. It carries conservative lines of Akris, Blumarine, Burberry, Celine, Loro Piana, Milly, Ralph Lauren, etc.

Nordstrom Rack: discount Nordstrom's ware. Spotty; but you can sometimes make out like a bandit. I got some fab Ferragamo spectators in a C-width once. This is my husband's favorite store, as the menswear selection is very good.

All of the above have excellent and very friendly service. Too friendly, sometimes! My usual pattern is park at Barney's, go to Barney's, then Mario's, Nordstrom, Alhambra, Baby & Co., J. Gilbert. If I'm not exhausted by then, I'll head towards Jeri Rice, which is also flanked by Louis Vuitton and Escada. Betty Blue is in the Pioneer Square neighborhood of Seattle, which is also known for its art galleries, so I usually go there as a break from art browsing.

02-03-2006
scenester

i agree with what tinuvielberen said. i am from florida, but have spent a lot of vacations, winter breaks, and thanksgivings in seattle (with close family), and those places she mentioned are the most worth-while, imo.

i actually had never been to the barney's before i stumbled upon it last time i was in seattle (over the summer 05), but it had a lot of nice things that i wasnt expecting to find in seattle, plus they were having a mad sale, so i got a bunch of nice stuff for cheap.

ive always wanted to go into jeri rice, because it looks very nice, and was on 'rich girls' (mtv show) like 3 yrs ago, but ive never gone in.

just in case you were looking for a recommendation, and you like louis vuitton, i would say ask for annabelle huynh. she was really nice when i went in there, and we had a nice conversation about the different lv leather lines.

i might be in seattle again this coming summer, so lets hope there are some good sales again!!

fashion insider

Shopping in Seattle - Menswear
Hi - I'm going from the 25th this month until the 3rd of April

Any recommendations for places that have menswear?

Most of you probably have somewhat of an idea of my tastes already..

thx

fashion insider

Anyone?

front row

You might check out Mario's (Etro, Boss, Paul Smith, etc.), David Lawrence (Versace, D&G, Cavalli, Zegna), and Butch Blum (Comme des Garcons, Zegna, Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Yohji Yamamoto, and bespoke).

Also Betty Blue, which carries last season's designer wear at a big discount (CdG, Jil Sander, Lucien Pellat-Finet, Martin Margiela, Rick Owens, Yohji, etc.).

You should also wander around Fremont, some quirky boutiques there as well.

All in all, slim pickings, I'm afraid. Remember that Seattle was the home of grunge. The fashion scene is a bit underdeveloped here. The usual men's uniform is fleece and Merrells.

23-03-2006
fashion insider

^Thx, I called Butch Blum and they were so nice and enthusiastic, we talked about the Helmut Lang ordeal, and about Ann Demeulemeester. I was very, very impressed.

scenester

other than nordstrom and barneys...and what has already been said...there isnt a whole lot. i think it might be indicative of the fashion climate in seattle that the REI is like 6 stories and full of north face and whatnot, and the barneys is barely a couple of racks...

Push it to pop it!

:p I live in this area and I didn't even know about most of these! So, apparently Seattle shopping is a little less pathetic than I thought

One question though... Can you find Dior in Seattle?

19-06-2006
scenester

why yes in fact...i was in barney's saturday and they now have a section of dior jeans, shirts, and jackets

sadly the smallest jean size they had was a 36. maybe they will get a new shipment?

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclasstrash
i'm living in vancouver and the shopping is slightly ridiculous at times so i'm heading down to seattle very soon too shop shop shop.

can anybody give me some cool shops to hit up?

i don't want anything i can find in vancouver. i want seasonal basics. i want stuff. most importantly, I WANT THOSE MARC JACOB ANKLE BOOTS!!!!$R%$...you know the ones that wrap round! i don't think holt renfrew carries em, and i can't think of anywhere else in van that will carry them. i'm willing to drive too the boots!
I live in Van too, and I go to seattle all the time, I love it there. They have some really cute vintage boutiques, but I guess I'm not much help b/c I don't know the street, but i'll look it up and get back to the thread!

Happy shopping !

17-07-2006
windowshopping

Sway and Cake is one of my favorites now. I also like Bliss in Freemont. I think boutiques are defintely the way to go in Seattle

08-09-2006
rising star

Seattle shopping
anyone know any great/cheap ( i am a college student after all) places to shop. i am going to be there for a few weeks and hope to find some great place. any suggestions?

08-09-2006
rising star

walking down broadway in seattle is a good bet for relatively inexpensive clothes..there are a couple vintage stores (atlas clothing and Red Light) as well as some trendy ones (for example Broadway Boutique) Then there is Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack downtown as well

haha, almost forgot...it can be kind of hit or miss...be prepared to dig to find the good stuff~! haha

Last edited by handbag Whore; 08-09-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
seattle, shopping