How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2005
trendsetter

Which Island of Hawaii?

25-04-2007
trendsetter

Oʻahu has everything. Chanel. Salvatore Ferragamo. Neiman Marcus. Escada. Armani. Prada. Jimmy Choo. Betsey Johnson. ETC.

01-05-2007
front row

farren, how wonderful of you to revive this thread

Where do you like to shop?

Aside from the normal chain stores like Old Navy & Wet Seal, I really like:

- Aloha Rag
- 88 tees, in Waikiki (vintage, DIY, random Japanese stuff, and of course 88tees TEES!)
- Stylus, by UH Manoa (vintage, second hand)
- Ohelo Road, Boutique Apropos & Shasa Emporium, in Kahala Mall
- Urban Nomad, in Chinatown (vintage)

(I kinda listed explanations/locations for other people visiting this thread.)

And in the past year or so, it seems like several more locally owned boutiques opened!

Last edited by dreamecho; 01-05-2007 at 07:53 PM.
01-05-2007
trendsetter

I really like Stylus and Aloha Rag. I usually buy stuff from wherever I'm at. Usually just from the mall area. Hah. I actually haven't really bought that many clothes lately. I've bought tons of makeup, though. =] Sephora is my haunt. =]

04-05-2007
front row

I Aloharag! I haven't been to the store but I've been buying from them online for ages!

05-05-2007
trendsetter

i haven't been in the store either. usuallyu just online.

04-06-2007
rising star

thanks all for the info in this thread! i'm moving to o'ahu next week (OMG NEXT WEEK! trippy.) and a few of those places i'd never heard of/been too. yay! viva la shopping. :-)

04-06-2007
front row

lyght, good luck on your move!

if you need more tips on shopping or in general, let us know.

23-07-2008
the crying of humanity

I'm visiting Oahu next month, so I thought I'd revive this thread. I'm staying in Waikiki, but I plan on driving out to Wahiawa on one of the days to visit the Dole Plantation (I love Dole Whips :p), so I was curious about any interesting shops in the area. Are there any clothing stores I should check out while I'm in Wahiawa? If not, I know I'll have plenty to choose from in Waikiki. Thanks in advance.

the crying of humanity

Has anyone here visited The Clothes Chick in Honolulu? According to Live Search Maps, it's only about five minutes away from the hotel I'll be staying at, so I wanted to check it out.

V.I.P.

I live for Ala Moana Blvd. I used to live in Honolulu, and every Sunday usually, when my ship was in port, I would take a town car to Ala Moana Shopping Center. I spent mostly time in Neiman's. The mall has everything, like already mentioned, Chanel (they expanded), LV, Dior, YSL, Hermes, Prada, DKNY, etc. etc. lots of regular boutiques too. The Food Court underneath the Neiman's has so many places to eat, and there's a stand that makes local blended fruit drinks..oh they're TDF!

On Maui, there's a ton of shopping too. Are you going to that island? Check this link if you are, it's their version of Ala Moana.
http://www.shopsatwailea.com/

I've also been to the Big Island, both Hilo, Kona, but they're very touristy and sell mostly tourist stuff. You'll see stores like Hilo Hattie's...dont go in, total tourist trap!

31-08-2008
the crying of humanity

Now that I'm back, having visited a number of stores, I can safely say my favorite was one that I never heard of before checking it out, which was Hawaiian Moon. It's located in the Waikiki Beach Walk, a place I stopped by often due to it being connected to my hotel. :p

Anyway, it would likely be classified as a "tourist" shop, due to it selling mainly Hawaiian dresses and shirts, but everything is very well designed and created (as proven by the prices!). The dress I purchased was green with a flouncy skirt, and although it was quite expensive, I think it's a nice investment.

The customer service was wonderful, too--I returned the next day for a second look through the pieces, and the employees remembered me! They also gave me sizing advice for my dress and had me show them how it looked after trying it on.

Oh, and if anyone is curious, there isn't much to see in Wahiawa in terms of shopping; the Dole Plantation's gift shop is really your only option. It's a really beautiful area to drive through, however, so the lack of shops didn't bother me. Plus, the Dole Whip sundae I ordered was huge!

I did visit some of the upscale, designer stores, but those didn't really interest me as much as the small, cheaper ones. 88 Tees had a very interesting and neat selection, although I didn't end up buying anything (too expensive!). All in all, Oahu is a great and fun place to go shopping!

V.I.P.

Where is Aloha Rag? Ala Moana? I am moving to Honolulu within a couple months. I cant take another winter. Too depressing.

Now I just need to find a cheap place to live, my own room and bathroom, nice running water and a safe location, parts of Honolulu are sketchy.

Anyone who lives on O'ahu know of affordable but not ghetto housing?

27-09-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
Where is Aloha Rag? Ala Moana? I am moving to Honolulu within a couple months. I cant take another winter. Too depressing.

Now I just need to find a cheap place to live, my own room and bathroom, nice running water and a safe location, parts of Honolulu are sketchy.

OT: I wish I could help you out there. Hmm....

Anyways back on topic. I love shopping in Honolulu, its one of the best spots I find in the US. Other then New York and San Francisco / Los Angeles.

Last edited by ettebe; 27-09-2009 at 10:35 PM.
27-09-2009
V.I.P.

The fashion scene in Honolulu is BORING. The only good places to shop are Ala Moana and Ward. The former is mostly populated by the big name stores.

Quote:
What's the price range? $1000 per month can get you pretty decent housing.

But satisfaction brought it back
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hawaii, shopping