How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-11-2005
V.I.P.

^I think vintage clothes in general, Topshop or otherwise is very overpriced in London. Compared to thrift stores in Mid-West or LA, the prices have been hiked up ever since vintage was advocated as the 'hot' way of dressing.

I still get bargains from Beyond Retro, charity shops and Ebay tho. The stuff in Topshop is from the Peekaboo stall in Portobello road and it's actually cheaper to buy it from the stall than in Topshop....corporate money grabbers.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/

17-11-2005
Frozen irony.

Yes... that is true.. but what can we do about it?

At the moment there is no fair competition to Topshop, so they can pretty much set the price they want and people will still follow, like sheep.

It's sad.

17-11-2005
Adorable illusion

Pucci, you are lucky to be a size 3 shoe size imo, because Im between a 4 and a 5 and shoes either are a little too small for me or a little too big! Its so annoying...size 5 are also the first size to be sold out anywhere.

17-11-2005
Frozen irony.

vintage_princess, I have so small feet you can't believe it.. I think Im like a 2 and half.

I can never fit into designer shoes..!! I wanted a certain pair so any times, but designer shoes in a 2.5 is still to big! My boyfriends just laugh at me when I try on shoes at Selfridges, etc. It's ike: do you think they are small enough?

How sad is that?!

I find that my shoe size is always sold out on the high street! I blame it on all the japanese, we all know they are savy shoppers with (relatively) small feet.

Do they make designer shoes in smaller sizes in Asia, they must do? I have considered ordering from there several times, but I guess I have to do it pre-season.

Do you know anything about that?

17-11-2005
Adorable illusion

Im pretty sure they do designer shoes in small sizes Pucci! They cant exclude you from being able to buy any because you have small feet! maybe next time they can order a pair just for you?
I know that Hong Kong and Japan do really small shoe sizes like size 2. Its quite embarassing to admit this actually, but once ages ago I bought a pair of shoes I thought were size 5 but actually they were size 2!! I couldnt even fit my feet into them. I forgot the sizing was different in Hong Kong because im so used to buying shoes over here that what looked like 5 were actually a 2!

17-11-2005
Frozen irony.

Aww.. they must have been tiny..

anyways, we are spamming this thread: back to the subject of topshop, which we all love!

Have you bought some shoes from there this year? I do think the design team at topshop is good at picking up trends, but when something first becomes popular they over-produe it..

Like stripey sweaters.. the look was cool on Edie, but if people wear it now, they look like a fashion victim, in most cases.

(the latest candids of Sienna need I say more?)

17-11-2005
Adorable illusion

We have hijacked this thread but at least we are discussing TOPSHOP

The only shoes I have from topshop this year are the red patent flats. My sister bought them for me as a birthday present because I love red shoes especially glossy ones.
I have only worn them once because they are not that comfortable for the back of my heel and Im trying not to wear them everyday because I dont want people to recognise that they're from topshop.

Im glad I didnt get that stripey jumper dress anymore, I made the right choice..for once! I was shopping the other day and saw loads of women wearing similar stripey jumpers and in topshop my bf pointed out that 3 women all had the stripey tops on and worst of all, they were standing next to each other. *cringe*

Last edited by vintage_princess; 17-11-2005 at 09:31 PM.
17-11-2005
Frozen irony.

Ewww.. I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

I love ballets flats with skinnies but it feels slightly 'dated' at the moment, but I can't wear heels around london on a normal day.. and im sick of the boots with jeans look.

I remeber I was looking for patent ballets flats every where!!!
during pre-summer and all the way through summer!

I could not find any, apart from some Chanel one's they were cute but £300 for a pair of flats... I could not justify it.

anyways, congrats, that is really sweet of your sister

I saw them on the website they are really pretty, I would have some in black, but you know when you want something for almost 4 months, because your feeling that you 'have' to have it, when it comes after that period you don't want it anymore.

Right now I want some white ankle boots, I feel that would be hot for summer.

What did you think of the Topshop runway how (on the Vogue site) I was actually impressed, I can't wait to get my hands on a few things from there! Like the high waisted shorts! High waist is so cool!

17-11-2005
Adorable illusion

I was wondering when the topshop catwalk stuff is going to come out. Next year? Also if it will be available online..I cant be asked to go down topshop oxford circus (where all the good stuff will be!) I dont want to be caught in a stampede like with the whole Stella @ H&M thing

I like some of the grey drapey jersey stuff..but I have a H&M top very smilair shape and style for 15. Tosphop will no doubt charge a lot more! The shorts are nice, and I actually think the green jumpsuit thing is cute.

If you're still looking for patent ballet flats, they sell some in Kurt Geiger.

17-11-2005
Frozen irony.

There are def. some cute stuff there, i like the colours, theyve used, id love that for summer, with white ankle boots, if you see some white ankle boots, anywhere in London give me a shout!

You got that top with a ribbon on, from H&M? which it almost lika a puffball top?..don't know if that sounds right.. If that's the one I got that, but unfortuanly the fabric has stretched so it's kinda big.. but it's a cool top!

yeah, I tried on the Kurt Geiger one's too big..

Do you think they will get the catwalk stuff out all at the same time? And make it a big fuss?

To be honest. What I thought they would do, is just get some clothes out week after week, as the summer is approching. After all it is topshop unique, and most topshopper's don't seem that interested in it, when I go shopping at Oxford there are never that many people there.

But if theyre going to make a big campaign about it, and it's going to be like the Stella thing, I a ready to fight for some pieces, this is much better than the stella stuff!

17-11-2005
Adorable illusion

Thats the one, we have the same top! But its quite big for me too! It almost looks like a little dress on me

I agree, this collection is defintiely much better than the Stella things and Im hoping they will put them online soon or even next year. Just have to keep checking the site reguarly. The greens, blues and greys are very nice

I hope they dont make a big deal like the H&M thing..the less people who buy from there the better for us.

I like this:

(vogue.co.uk)

17-11-2005
Frozen irony.

I f'kin LOVE that!

Its not like anything you see on the high street, its 'very' Preen don't you think?

Last edited by pucci_mama; 17-11-2005 at 11:01 PM.
17-11-2005
Adorable illusion

Its gorgeous!! Especially for Topshop!

17-11-2005
Frozen irony.

The collection is very 'inspierd' by Prada/miu miu.. that was the first thing I thought when I saw the collection.

I don't mind, I like the minimalistic vibe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00170f.jpg (27.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 00460f.jpg (27.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 00420f.jpg (26.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg prada.jpg (37.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by pucci_mama; 17-11-2005 at 11:15 PM.
17-11-2005
Frozen irony.

This is very pacro banne.

Sorry, I just think it's fun to see where they get their inspiration from, I was suprised about the colours that topshop use, it was so right-on.

Love the colours.

I want those white shoes they had on the catwalk! Do you think they are Topshop as well?

edit: now that I see them side-by-side is not that siilar after all.

I like the look, very laid back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg topshop2.jpg (31.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pacorabanne.jpg (23.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by pucci_mama; 17-11-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk