How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2007
Adorable illusion

I used to be a fan of topshop but lately I really am not liking the clothes or the stuff they are doing right now. Really disappointed with the clothes they have out now...

09-01-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

I agree vintage princess. There hasn't been anything good there for awhile and lately the fit seems totally crap as well. I have a sweater there that is a size 14 that I wear under a jacket which is a 10.

09-01-2007
Storm & Sommer

Has anyone seen the Preen for Top Shop in the UK?
Is it any good up close ?

image from Topshop.com

The jacket reminds me a bit of a poor version of this Preen aw06 jacket/dress

style.com
..which I really liked..
I've been looking for the collection in Copenhagen to no avail..
which leads me to conclude that either the Preen for Top Shop pieces are delayed or they just wont get the collection in here
The SA's here never know what they'll get or when..

pinterest : hanneonpin
20-01-2007
V.I.P.

^^ i didnt know they had topshop there.. thort it was only in uk lol .. learn something new everyday

Tbh ive gone off topshop so much in the last few years .. im sick off seeing hundreds of people wearing the same outfits and pieces no orginality... you can guarentee if you buy something from topshop you will see at least two others wearing it out
Also i think the quality is so bad .. and its actually quite expensive for what it is .. i mean i can get something or equal quality from other shops for half the price or something for the same price which is much better quality.

03-02-2007
trendsetter

I am preferring Zara these days, especially for their gorgeous summer dresses. I am loving Zara's bright yellow shift dress and they classic and gorgeous black big puff romantic sleeve dress (they also have it in white) - very Chloe!

03-02-2007
tfs star

Topshop has become a bit rubbish lately...used to go there every week but have avoided it since Christmas.

04-02-2007
rising star

i live in the US and was wondering how the clothes at topshop fit. are their pants true to size?

04-02-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple124
i live in the US and was wondering how the clothes at topshop fit. are their pants true to size?
Not always sometimes their stuff runs small.

04-02-2007
V.I.P.

I love Topshop, much of the stuff I buy on ebay is Topshop's

03-03-2007
front row

is it just me or do topshop jeans run really small compared to other stores? I tried on the skinny B jeans yesterday and i could NOT fit into a size 6 and just about fit into an 8...and i'm a size 2 US, usually.

tea time

i do agree topshop clothes have become boring now you'll find the odd thing thats alright then glance at the price and put it back.

although i do love the shoes there was once upon a time i wouldnt even look at them and now i'd rather buy shoes from topshop instead of their clothes.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
03-03-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance.Is.Refusal.
i do agree topshop clothes have become boring now you'll find the odd thing thats alright then glance at the price and put it back.

although i do love the shoes there was once upon a time i wouldnt even look at them and now i'd rather buy shoes from topshop instead of their clothes.
I like the shoes because they are one of very, very few places that go up to a size 9 (I have big feet like Jodie Kidd) - I just bought a pair of black peep toes with the wood wedge, but I am also liking the patent black Miu Miu type block heel sandals too.

Last edited by InnocentFairy; 03-03-2007 at 10:22 AM.
03-03-2007
tea time

i never realised they're shoes went up to that size, good to see a shop doing bigger shoe sizes.

they do great designer inspired shoes, or just really cute or quirky ones.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
03-03-2007
trendsetter

^^ Yep and they are not ugly - like the majority of shoes in big sizes.

04-03-2007
trendsetter

I buy from topshop but I pick things that aren't obvious topshop style e.g. I avoid empire line t shirts/dresses, that kind of stuff or i just buy simple vests which I think they have good quality for the price (right now it's two for £9). i went to the oxford circus one yesterday and it was absolutely manic!!! not recommended! I also find their sizing is a bit 'off'. I tried on a size 8 skirt which I could not pull past my bum (!!!) but the size 10 was massive.
Either the sizing is messed up or I have a gigantic bum. (it's big but didn't think it was THAT big)
Right now I'm preferring Zara, or vintage. So sick of high street right now. Not looking forward to primark opening on oxford street. It looks soooooo big.

Last edited by Alexandra8715; 04-03-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk