How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-01-2005
backstage pass

wish we had one in chicago

05-01-2005
trendsetter

I remember I used to love TopShop when it wasn't so big.

Then a load of celebs went and raved about it and now its huge - its always packed with people!

I like some of their basic stuff - a few designs are a bit wacky for me though, lol

22-01-2005
windowshopping

Oh god, I love Topshop. Actually, I really love the bazaar section and all the different designers on the lowest floor of the Oxford Circus location. The rest of it was fairly generic, but I really don't mind. There is not one store like it in the US, so I have to come to London to get my fix. My only complaint is that the last time I went there, I took about 18 different clothes into the dressing room and handed 12 to the attendant (since you're only allowed 6 items per room) and when I came back to try the rest on they had all been put back on the racks! That was frusturating !Yeah, they really need to bring one to NYC or (cough cough my hometown) Georgetown, DC.

24-01-2005
front row

I like Topshop. I wish we had a TopShop here in Edmonton. They actually have one in Manila and I remember going in there and just going crazy. They had so much stuff!

25-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

One of my favorite top shop purchases:

A 1920s style chiffon dress with tonal detailing on the skirt panel.
The dress: the style of the peach dress, but in the turquoise/blue w. peachy-orang-yellow scattered floral pattern
Attached Images
File Type: jpg topshop2a.jpg (8.7 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg topshop-a.jpg (13.7 KB, 338 views)

pinterest : hanneonpin
25-01-2005
Swim Upstream

Like thre dresses Hanne - I remember them from last year - I was going to buy a turquoise one.

25-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Like thre dresses Hanne - I remember them from last year - I was going to buy a turquoise one.
That's the one I have I wear it with a vintage peachy/coral cashmere cardigan I found in NY ..unfortunately it's going to take a place in the very back of my closet this summer because its anti-nursing friendly

25-01-2005
backstage pass

I love Topshop jeans because they do long sizes Some of the stuffs a bit wierd but if you root about you can find some good stuff. One thing i hate is that about 20million people have the same top as you.

25-01-2005
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
That's the one I have I wear it with a vintage peachy/coral cashmere cardigan I found in NY ..unfortunately it's going to take a place in the very back of my closet this summer because its anti-nursing friendly
Hanne - sounds lovely. Do you wear lots of colour? I always think of you wearing lovely colours.

I saw some pics of topshop spring stuff - it looked nice - but then it always does in the pictures.

25-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Hanne - sounds lovely. Do you wear lots of colour? I always think of you wearing lovely colours.

I saw some pics of topshop spring stuff - it looked nice - but then it always does in the pictures.
I guess I do...atleast I hardly ever go entirely monochrone...but on the other hand I don't think I'm a "rainbow girl" :p

I think you're right about Top Shops stuff generally.. when in London I can spend 3 hours in there rummaging through so much stuff, hoping to find something that lives up to my expectations..or my dreams.. and I never leave with very much..besides the enjoyment of the fashion-hunt.

25-01-2005
Swim Upstream

Quote:
I guess I do...atleast I hardly ever go entirely monochrone...but on the other hand I don't think I'm a "rainbow girl" :p

I think you're right about Top Shops stuff generally.. when in London I can spend 3 hours in there rummaging through so much stuff, hoping to find something that lives up to my expectations..or my dreams.. and I never leave with very much..besides the enjoyment of the fashion-hunt.
no I don't think of you as a rainbow girl at all. I get the impression that you can work colours very well. actually all the danish designers do colour well - bruns bazaar! lovely.

yes, topshop. I always get a mild anxiety attack when I am there - its size freaks me out & I never know where to start or what to look for. I usually just end up looking at the shoes because I don't know what else to do. I just find it too overwhelming. I have never found the designers for topshop section. They do have some good vintage though.

26-01-2005
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
One of my favorite top shop purchases:

A 1920s style chiffon dress with tonal detailing on the skirt panel.
The dress: the style of the peach dress, but in the turquoise/blue w. peachy-orang-yellow scattered floral pattern
oh...i remember seeing the peach one when i was there hanne...i really love it...but it's not for me...

i got a couple of things...but considering how big that place is and how much stuff they had...i was really hoping to find more...

there were plenty of things that looked cute...but when i tried them on...i just didn't like the way they were cut...maybe the brits are generally taller...i found the cut to be too long and narrow for me on some things...

19-02-2005
rising star

I like Topshop but like most people have said, lots of people have the same thing on. Its like you and the rest of the world are wearing the exact same thing.But to be honest, in England, if your a student (moi) there isnt really anywhere else to go. Warehouse is too sienna at the mo and Dorethy Perkins just reminds me of Primark.
Theres nothing original anymore cos you can guarentee someone will be wearing yoyr top/pants/shoes/bag!!!

Any one have any suggestions on a new cheap fix?

11-03-2005
Frozen irony.

I love Topshop Unique section is limited editions and you get more fashion towards pices.

I hate their moto jeans toug, soo mainstream.

I would say people in the U.K need to mix up their style more.
Not wear top-to-toe Topshop.

Like many teenagrs do.

11-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Starface, I think Dorothy Perkins is getting more into trends and turning into all the rest of the high street shops.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk