How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-03-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Like thre dresses Hanne - I remember them from last year - I was going to buy a turquoise one.
I did actually buy the turquoise one, but by the time I got it home it was coming apart at the seams. So I had to take it back.
I work just behind Topshop at Oxford Circus, its good to be able to go in there on a Tuesday or Wed because its so much quieter and you can shop in peace.

What I do hate though is the way they get their size ratios in store - I mean, 10 size 8's and then 20 size 16's. What about the rest of the sizes!??? That annoys me. And whenever you ask a shop assistant its always the same robotic reply: "whats on the shop floor is all we have"

I do love the designer boutique, I think Emma Cook is doing it at the moment. Really lovely stuff, but a bit out of my price range...

12-03-2005
crossed wires.

They have some gorgeous big leather bag's in at the mo, in a variety of colours, i hear them calling me ranging from 30-80 and look good quality

12-03-2005
windowshopping

I moved away from the UK 4 years ago and I am now 33 but while I was at college I did frequent Topshop like everybody else. I think I remember buying accessories/shoes a lot more than actual clothing though.

I always preferred Miss Selfridge myself!

13-03-2005
front row

A few years ago, I only wore Moto jeans from TS! They do some really kool t-shirts as well but H&M do it just as well and cheaper at that! I like mixing my high street with my high end. I am more likely to be found in River island or Mango or M&S if I am slumming it on the high street.

TS is okay but only for adults that like the clone look if you know what I mean. I rarely ever pass through there unless to cut through the shopping centre! LOL

p.s the prices are just to funny at times. why would i spend that in there!!

13-03-2005
front row

@ Fab f_f

i would never spend decent money on a bag in TS though, if you want a cheap leather bag and need an highstreet option - pop into Marks and sparks or Rivel island.

13-03-2005
Cinematic Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab_fifties_fille
They have some gorgeous big leather bag's in at the mo, in a variety of colours, i hear them calling me ranging from 30-80 and look good quality
Yeh I know. They are calling me too.

13-03-2005
tea time

^^^ i know the feeling but would rather go to a vintage store and buy one. although they do look gorgeous

then again i think all gorgeous clothes and accersories call out to me!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
14-03-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
Starface, I think Dorothy Perkins is getting more into trends and turning into all the rest of the high street shops.
DP really? I stopped going in there for clothes two years ago. They use to do some decent stuff which was different but after that, they just became a really bad copy cat version of Topshop for the older generation. I only go in to look at the jewellery but i will have a look at some clothes the next time i go past it

Off topic slightly, went into Warehous and everything was all Sienna Miller inspired and the clothing was terrible.Tried on a lilac top and ot looked like some one had ran through the bushed with it

03-07-2005
scenester

i love urban outfitters and topshop they r really kl!!
the first place i went to 2 go 2 urban outfitters was l.a. which was a kl place!!
now urban outfitters is in london is great!!

05-07-2005
backstage pass

i bought a really nice dress from ts at the weekend, sorry it isnt on the website so i cant post a pic. It is a greyish pale blue colour, goes to just about mid thigh length and has black straps and a black bow around the hips (sorry for the crap description) i used to love topshop but this dress is the first thing iv bought there for about 4 months. I go in quite a lot because my bf works in the metrocentre branch but nothing at all has inspired me for so long. I also find some of their prices ridiculous. 100 for a bag -from topshop?? why? for high street shopping i usually go to h&m, or for basics and wardrobe fillers you can't go wrong with primark's prices (even if i do have to sedate myself before I go in can't deal with the crowds!!)

05-07-2005
Cinematic Vision

Just been looking on the topshop website, and seen some gorgeous flats 28...

05-07-2005
trendsetter

I like most of Topshop's clothes, its just like someone said earlier though, you see so many people wearing the same things as you, ( not so much of a problem where I live, because there isn't a Topshop here, but I go to the one in Chester which is near). I bought a really nice skirt and top there earlier today though.

05-07-2005
Frozen irony.

The ponly Topshop things i buy is from the 'designer botique' range...

I bought this grey-ish blue dress there this weekend, im quite happy about that

05-07-2005
scenester

i really like it... it's great to get away from the mainstream chicago shops i'm used to. when ever i'm in london i always pop in there and same with Zara

05-07-2005
tea time

im totally hating topshop at the moment! the prices are high, the quality is bad and i dont care much for the designs and colours.

but i will still buy the jeans as i think that they are the only decent things in there. i bought some lovely dark indigo skinny fit jeans and i love them.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk