How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-07-2005
kabhi alvida

You mean the Bobbi jeans right? I tried them but they weren't skinny enough on the lower leg for me, and they were selling so fast that....well, I didn't want to be another person with "moto" stamped on them. I eventually found another pair somewhere else, but I did find some true skinny jeans in the boutique, and due to some technical glitch, got them for only 5 when they should have been 40. I only like the Boutique, and spitfire sunglasses.

05-07-2005
tea time

^^^ yeah they would be better if skinnier on the lower leg but they look more casual and dont make my feet look so big when wearing flats

many people up here dont seem to wear the skinny jeans or not that i have noticed so im safe for the moment

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
09-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemiu
I heard they where coming to America
They should, along with Miss Selfridge & Warehouse Fahsions

I wanna buy a jacket from there dammit!

Last edited by I_killed_couture; 09-07-2005 at 02:10 PM.
10-07-2005
tea time

they have some really hot boots on the website at the moment. grey calf length boots with buckles up the side doubt i would pay 95 for them though but they are gorgeous

10-07-2005
Adorable illusion

I have those Bobbi jeans too. I like them but havent worn them out yet. They would have been nicer more tighter on the ankle but oh well. The moto label is not very noticeable at all, its so small. I saw loads in the stores, which surprised me because I thought they would have gone so fast.

10-07-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I also like the boutique section but topshop is great for basics or if you want something before the rest of the highstreet gets it. Generally I don't like the oxford circus shop, too much. but if you go in there when it's quiet, it's fine. the high street ken. shop is my faovrite.

10-07-2005
backstage pass

i agree cowboy boots, the prices are way too high and the stuff is, just s**t at the mo. I asked my friend about it cos he is managing the metrocentre branch at mo, has just came back from a stint at oxford circus and he reckons all our stuff is crap because oxford circus is doing so well at the mo that all of the good stock is just going straight there. I dunno what all you londoners think about that though?? Are you finding the stuff in topshop good at the minute?

I also tried those bobbi jeans but they werent skinny enough on the leg for me either. I don't get topshop denim sizes. I'm a size 26 everywhere else, but I can't get their size 26 over my legs!! but the 28 just hangs off me?!?so wierd.

10-07-2005
Frozen irony.

well, topshop in Oxford circus is doing so well, because it's summer,

and it's THE tourist attraction

10-07-2005
tea time

a984mel that may still be very true that the good stock hasnt reached us up here yet but i still dont agree with the quality-cost ratio therefore avoid buying from there in the long run it just isnt worth it.

they have the sgt. pepper jackets in that i got from primark and i wouldnt say the quality is overly different and im more than happy with the one i got from primark! i'll just wait and see if it improves but i will still buy the basic's because i find that they fit me well but that may not be the same for others!

27-07-2005
backstage pass

^ i have that jacket too, it looks exactly the same as the TS for 1/4 of the price! hehe, my b/f got into loads of trouble recently, he works for ts when he isn't at uni and one of his bosses heard him telling a customer who was looking at that jacket that they could get the same one's in primark

i'll admit I found a couple of good pieces in the sales recently (an absolutely divine Preen for Topshop deconstructed layered skirt and a beautiful double breasted waistcoat) but I still have been less than impressed this past year/so.

I guess for me, at the moment being a student means money is tiiiiggght! and if I'm spending what is a significant amound of my weekly wage on something, I don't want it to get holes in/shrink/deform its shape after only one wash

27-07-2005
tea time

^^^ i think you have just said what we are all thinking

i dont have the money to shop there and hate the quality because its crap

but i do love h&m i seem to be getting most of my fixes there at the moment!

27-07-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by a984mel
i'll admit I found a couple of good pieces in the sales recently (an absolutely divine Preen for Topshop deconstructed layered skirt and a beautiful double breasted waistcoat)
Preen for Topshop? THE Preen? Why, I ask you, why don't we have Topshops in Holland?! Queen of Drama

28-07-2005
backstage pass

yeah, they had tops and skirts. gorgeous in neutral beige,a divie pinky colour and pale blue. They even went on sale with more than 50% off. I got both but ended up taking the top back because I couldn't afford both, (even with 50% off!! I am THAT poor @the mo ) I'll post pics if you would like?

It's wierd though because we have large branches in newcastle and the metrocentre, then tiny one's concession branches in debenhams and fenwicks, and the only place up here that got any of this line in was the tiny debenhams one, and they obviously didn't sell cos there is LOADS still left in the sale

28-07-2005
Cinematic Vision

^
Yay, post the pics!!

28-07-2005
rising star

i was a little bit disappointed when i finally got the chance to go to Topshop early last year!! it wasn't as good as i expected.......... and i didnt buy anything too.... while i love zara better :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk