How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-07-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah topshop does collaborations with designers...the preen stuff was nice, but not for me. I really loved the stuff they did with Zandra Rhodes....great caftans in the early spring....does anyone know who their next designer collaboration is with?

28-07-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

Oh yes, please do post the pics, I'm really interested. How much were they then, and are Topshop's prices equal to H&M's? I remember seeing a lovely embroidered jacket for 55 (80?), which I would consider a little pricey.

I feel a rage coming..... I need to shop.

P.S. thanks for the info Meg, I wish H&M would do something alike, with an appropiate designer

28-07-2005
backstage pass

hope these pics work..... although they don't do the colour or the detail justice, it is lovely

I tried the skirt when it was full price 65, I didn't think it was worth the money so didn't get it. But the sale price was only 30 and then I got student discount off that so it was 27, which I was quite pleased with.

Perlefine, topshop is more expensive than H&M, and I find at the moment at least not nearly as good, although I'm hoping their new season stuff will be better. We don't have a boutique part up here, we get the odd piece but not much. when I go down to London I always end up buying mostly stuff from the boutique rather than the regular topshop line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111_1117_r1 re-size.JPG (11.1 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg 111_1118_r1 re-size.JPG (20.1 KB, 6 views)

28-07-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Thats a pretty skirt. I know for some people it would be hard to wear but you did a good job

29-07-2005
backstage pass

aw thanks vintage princess! it is a bit wierd cos it ties at the side (where all the long strings come from) and its pretty big on me so I find the material kinda bunches up a bit. Because its so detailed I've just been pairing it with unfussy fabrics and styles. It's a little girly for me usual style, hehe

04-08-2005
tea time

they have the bobbi jeans in white if only i had the money

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
04-08-2005
scenester

Having read the earlier posts i have to disagree and say i like Top Shop and have always found the quality pretty ok for a high street store. Yeh there are certain items that everyone wears but just avoid them. The Oxford circus store can get crowded - just go pre-lunch and you will be fine, there is so much choice and the vintage and designer sections are good -i got one of the Zandra Rhodes kaftan tops last year and love it.
Someone a while back in the thread said it is only for teenagers - again I disagree, I am 35 and get lots of stuff from there and see plenty of women my age at oxford circus. I quite like Zara but HATE H&M i find their quality terrible, store layout confusing and stores far too crowded as they seem put too many racks of clothes on the floor and you have no room to move between them and browse!

05-08-2005
Adorable illusion

^ I hate H&M for the way they lay their stores out too. I always hear about other people finding great things from there. But whenever I go theres not much choice. But I love that stuff there is really cheap.

I like Topshop's vintage section, but think their stuff is quite overpriced.

07-08-2005
backstage pass

shop in newcastle have got some of their a/w stuff in and it looks nice, lots of greys and blacks, loads of layered jersey and chiffon dresses victorian style blouses and skinny jeans. and the most beautiful grey suede and metallic grey leather shoe-boots. I HAVE to have them, they are divine!

07-08-2005
scenester

I used to absolutly adore Topshop! What really annoys me though, and as so many people have mentioned, is that everyone ends up wearing the same clothes. I tend to wear so many garments that used to belong to my mother or my french grand mother or great great aunts, stuff that is unique and that would normally stand out; iv found that that even fails as Topshop have caught on to the vintage look. They are able to copy and sell broches for five pounds and beautiful pettycoats which look old fashioned but which are not. It probably shouldnt bug me as much as it does but when you think you own something special and Topshop then goes and copies it, its slightly irritating...

11-08-2005
tea time

love these boots i need them

picture from www.topshop.co.uk

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Elegance.Is.Refusal.; 05-01-2007 at 02:55 PM.
12-08-2005
Cinematic Vision

Some of the boots on there website are a bit tempting, and the flats. Feel a spending spree coming on which is bad...

12-08-2005
trendsetter

^^Same here. Why does all the nice stuff come into the shops when I have no money?

13-08-2005
scenester

Yeah..it's very trendy..but so fun.
I loved the bags!!

I did love the ground floor..where all the vintage stuff were (Oxford Circus)

Is the place always congested?

13-08-2005
Procrastinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_killed_couture
They should, along with Miss Selfridge & Warehouse Fahsions

I wanna buy a jacket from there dammit!
There are Warehouse stores in America, but only a handful and only in NY and NJ as far as I know. I'm not really a fan of Warehouse, it just seems like an overpriced Express to me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk