How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2005
crossed wires.

Warehouse always seem to have pretty nice jackets in, but I never seem to go in there that often, haven't been in Topshop for a while, and the only reason I would at the moment is for the Tall section and the shoes, I haven't heard much good of it lately.

OT:HBoogie I always find myself thinking of the song 'I found a place, where we can boogie, boogie tonight' song in my head whenever I see your name

13-08-2005
Adorable illusion

I dont like Warehouse much either, I prefer topshop over them even though they are all from the same group

14-08-2005
backstage pass

i've just got back from a shopping trip to london and i ave to say,having been really disappointed with topshop for soooo long, i was really impressed with their a/w stock they have in. I got some skinny jeans in grey and black (baxter), i chose these over the sass and bide's they looked just as good and were 100 less per pair! got some gorgeous shoe boots in grey suede and gunmetal metallic leather, and a beautiful vintage dress from downstairs. although i must say, their vintage bit is SO overpriced its ridiculous. i struck lucky with my dress because it didnt have the price tag on so got it for 40, but even the truly ugly one's were at least 90!

14-08-2005
Adorable illusion

^ yeah their vintage stuff is so overpriced, you can get stuff much better on ebay for cheap.

15-08-2005
rising star

I adore Topshop . In the Netherlands there are no Topshop stores. Everyone wears H&M. When I'm at a party I can look at the clothes everyone wears and tell what's from H&M, it starts to get annoying. I think Topshop is far more fashionable. The Topshop stuff I've got is good quality and I wear it again and again. I've got a black pencil skirt bought 10 years ago (god, this makes me feel old ) and this fall I will wear it again.
Also the shoes department of Topshop is great.
I think Zara has more basic clothes (I'm not a basics girl) and their sizing is made for south-European women. Topshop has a better fit.

kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by a984mel
shop in newcastle have got some of their a/w stuff in and it looks nice, lots of greys and blacks, loads of layered jersey and chiffon dresses victorian style blouses and skinny jeans. and the most beautiful grey suede and metallic grey leather shoe-boots. I HAVE to have them, they are divine!
Yeah, this season, it suddenly got a lot better. I was going to tell you actually, they have grey skinny jeans in. I bought a navy victorian blouse from there a few weeks back too.

Cinematic Vision

I got some of the grey skinny jeans today them!!

16-08-2005
tea time

do they have them in black?

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
17-08-2005
front row

Right now they have some really great simple dresses. Stuff that would be really great with black tights and boots or ballet flats. Oh and there are several items in the "boutique" line that I would like. I know it's not expensive stuff by any means, but with the exchange rate (I'm in the US), it's a bit higher than I'd like.

17-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebutter
I like Topshop. I wish we had a TopShop here in Edmonton. They actually have one in Manila and I remember going in there and just going crazy. They had so much stuff!
We have about 5 branches in Manila. And I think it's cheaper here, a regular basic tee would cost Php800.00 or 8 and 2.5 for those cute panties

17-08-2005
Cinematic Vision

I don't think they have them in black at the moment...

17-08-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose
We have about 5 branches in Manila. And I think it's cheaper here, a regular basic tee would cost Php800.00 or 8 and 2.5 for those cute panties
Do they have Topman in Manila as well? I've been gone for so long - last time I was there was in 98!

17-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
Do they have Topman in Manila as well? I've been gone for so long - last time I was there was in 98!
Yep, but not in all branches. Oh yeah btw they have a private/by invitation sale here in Manila

17-08-2005
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance.Is.Refusal.
do they have them in black?
They have them in faded black, yeah. They also have raw denim jeans in plain black. (In the oxford circus flagship)

I actually bought a pair of skinny navy blue raw denim jeans from there today, although they could also be skinny trousers, seeing as they don't look too casual. The best way to describe the colour is that they're the same as the Earnest Sewn dark blue jeans MK Olsen wears.

-They have a store in Dubai as well, in City Centre. It's sort of medium-ish, but obviously nothing compared to the flagship.

Last edited by impossibleprincess; 17-08-2005 at 06:25 PM.
18-08-2005
scenester

Ahhh..They have one in Manila, seriously? Gotta book a $2000 plane ticket to buy some cheap Topshop..hahah.

WHy is the states soo slow

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk