How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-08-2005
backstage pass

^ yeah i got those raw denim black ones from the flagship. they were only £25. got the grey skinnys too. The black one's I got must be the same as urs impossible just in a diff colour cos they can pass as trousers. I'm going to have to get my aunty to taper them a bit at the bottom though, they're not as skinny as I would like.

They have some amazing stuff in the boutique at the moment aswell.

Question:- has anyone seen the topshop advert with the 3 girls lying down, the girl in the middle has a purple top on under a cream dress, which has loads of tiny buttons all the way down to the waistband?? Its kinda like a Stella McCartney design. I it, but can't seem to find it. has anyone seen it in their local TS??

18-08-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Maybe they dont stock them yet.

Usually I dont like topshop, but some of the stuff they have for winter is actually quite nice

20-08-2005
kabhi alvida

....and Acid has just told us Kate Moss spent loads of money there... (in the vintage too, though)

I've only ever bought sunglasses from the Vintage section.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by zashikibuta_vert
Ahhh..They have one in Manila, seriously? Gotta book a $2000 plane ticket to buy some cheap Topshop..hahah.

WHy is the states soo slow
There will be one opening in china town in new york

20-08-2005
front row

Topshop used to be 'the' shop for me.. I'd be in one nearly everyday buying something new, but NOWADAYS I'll walk in and walk straight back out..actually I dont even bother going in now.. you can easily distinguish topshop wearers on the street and I hated the fact that I looked topshoppy, anyways, overnight, my taste in clothing changed (as it does) ..and I ended up straying into H&M more and more and found that it was more varied and so much more cheaper, and their jeans fit me!, topshop jeans never fitted me!..
But.. the sad thing is.. its obvious that what happened to topshop will eventually happen to H&M ..and everyone will start looking H&'emmy' .... By the time that happens though, i'll be very skilled in pattern making and all that doo da that im currently studying at uni and properly make my own clothes!

20-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boho_babe
I got some of the grey skinny jeans today them!!
Eeee I tried them on yesterday, they looked so good, they didn't have my size though so I just tried the size above, so I'm going to have to wait for them in my size, skinny jeans don't usually flatter me AT ALL but these looked great, I always find topshop jeans a good fit, the length is always good

The have some nice things in for winter, but I don't buy things there very often, i hate feeling like i'm wearinmg the same top as everyone else in town, as someone else kinda said

Adorable illusion

I dont like that whole "topshop" look as well. There was this one skirt though that I fell in love with! Its basically a Balenciaga copy skirt with gold buttons and the whole nautical feel to it. It was gorgeous

21-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossibleprincess
....and Acid has just told us Kate Moss spent loads of money there... (in the vintage too, though)

I've only ever bought sunglasses from the Vintage section.
Yeah she was just photographed leaving the store carrying 3 topshop bags.

21-08-2005
scenester

Quote:
Yeah..but I'm in California...

Last edited by zashikibuta_vert; 21-08-2005 at 02:37 AM.
21-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by A la mode
Does someone know when it's opening?

flaunt the imperfection

there will not be a topshop in chinatown...
there will be a small shop within a shop in a store downtown called opening ceremony...

it is supposed to be just for one season...

22-08-2005
backstage pass

for anyone wanting to get the baxter jeans, i'd advise you to squeeze yourself into the smallest size you possible can, as they stretch. I bought a size 8, ore them for 3 hours and when I put them back on today theyre too big round the waist! damnit!

thanks vintage princess for the advice on the dress, the style advisor at my local topshop is trying to track it down for me.

I haven't shopped in topshop for so long, just like you foxy, i just started going to h&m a LOT more, topshop has been so bad for so long. But my recent trip to the flagship gave me renewed confidence in the place. i bought an absolutely divine tuschia pink dress in the vintage section. but then again, I always think they do autumn winter stuff a lot better than spring summer,

24-08-2005
crossed wires.

They had some delicious shoes in yesterday when I went...Teal-ish suede, pointy, high heeled. They're the same as on the website (shoes>heels>6th along on the top) they look gorgeous in teal. Also on the website, two more along, the two pairs of round toe courts

backstage pass

^ i bought some gorgeous grey suede and metallic leather lace up shoe boots from there recently, they look so nice on, but I havent had a chance to wear them yet.

I'm debating whether to get the flat suede thigh high boots in black, £85's a bit pricey, but my friend can get me 25% off

11-10-2005
Swim Upstream

24-HOUR SHOPPING PEOPLENEVER one to rest on its laurels, TopShop is planning plenty of entertainment for the months leading to Christmas, and it will all kick off with a 24-hour shopping frenzy on Thursday. The party starts at 6.30pm on Thursday when post-work massages and constant DJ tunes will keep shoppers in the mood until a midnight feast in the TopShop café. Then yet more shopping until free fruit shots courtesy of Innocent smoothies appear and complimentary makeovers from POP makeup will send everybody back to work looking pretty. Look out for free gifts with some purchases and Krispy crème doughnuts, which will be given away to keep blood sugar at premium shopping levels throughout. Surely it's a perfect excuse. (October 11 2005, AM)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk