How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2004
scenester

Topshop, UK
hey guys.
I want to know what you all think about the "great english" shop, Topshop?
Do you love it or hate it?
Is it too much for teenagers or do you find that you can always find something there?

08-12-2004
tea time

i love the basic tees you get from there! i can always find something in topshop i love it! the bags the jewelry and the shoes! but some things in there are so bad! i have an obsesion with their jeans they fit me so well i've stuck with them! i think people do that find jeans they like and stick with them!

so i'd say yes in general!

its getting better with all the designers their getting in i love the lipsy stuff!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
08-12-2004
scenester

yeah their jeans are really good and they cater for all sizes with their jeans...but some of their stuff is horrible but i guess we're stuck with Topshop (if you dont live in London) I mean what else do we have , Dorethy Perkins or warehouse!

08-12-2004
kabhi alvida

i've really, really gone off topshop, i used to love it but now i just don't. if you buy something from there everyone else has it too. i don't know why i've gone off it so much but for my cheap clothes fix nowadays i got to h&m or zara.

tfs star

The Oxford Circus store is exciting, just to be surrounded by all of those clothes, but the quality of the clothing is questionable.

09-12-2004
tea time

i love h&m im always poppin in to buy earings! or accessories or everything!

09-12-2004
tea time

[/QUOTE]i used to love it but now i just don't. if you buy something from there everyone else has it too.[QUOTE]

yeah i no what you mean! im forever trying to make them look different i usually stick to the basic tees and end up buying loads of accessories so i dont look like a clone!

09-12-2004
front row

i love their jackets!

09-12-2004
backstage pass

No one is rich enough to pay that much for such quality.. Yeah I know they look sweet, colorful etc.. but that's the reason why everyone's buying from them. You are not anyone. Get over it!

10-12-2004
windowshopping

i only buy their MOTO jeans and fold-up pants! fits perfectly!

10-12-2004
windowshopping

I hate the Oxford street branch - its always so crowded and am also not mad on the quality of their clothes. I now prefer Zara, Mango or Warehouse.

10-12-2004
Swim Upstream

topshop has created a good brand but it now needs to up the quality - the market can take it I think as th brand is stronger than that of H&M & New Look. Zara has much better quality & looks as if it could eclipse topshops position as market leader.

10-12-2004
crossed wires.

I do love topshop for it's accessories, and being tall...it's good for trouser length as it has a tall section. I love the shoes from there, as theyr cheap enough to buy and not matter how long they really last for, if theyr fashionable at the time, they'll last the season...and for the price it's not a bad addition to the wardrobe. Good accessories sales in there, got about 10 pairs of earrings for 1 each, and went back 2days later and found some more only they were reduced to 50p per pair! I was amazed, and sooo sooo happy

scenester

yeah the accessories are cute but like impossiblePrincess said...everyone has the same things. I really dont like New Look, the only thing iv ever bought from there was some strappy vests. I like zara but dont you find their pants are super long?

11-12-2004
rising star

I think Top Shop quality is ok, actually - after all their stuff is designed for a few wears. At least they use a lot of cotton, I find Zara fabrics really synthetic and horrible. Top Shop is really aimed at teenagers, and not intended to last for a long time, so I think they've got it right.
Did you know that Moto is the number one jeans brand in the UK?
Having said all that I respect what they do and I think they do it well, but I rarely shop there, at 35, I'm hardly their target market!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
topshop, uk