How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-07-2006
backstage pass

Any recs for toronto hairstylists, or aesthetiticians?

Life is Short

22-07-2006
trendsetter

Holts on Bloor now has Dior Homme and Burberry Prorsum!

they have DH clothing on the main floor, in that area with the other designer collections towards the far left of the store. They have pretty much all the stuff thats on eLuxury.. the bee sweater vest, raw jeans, military jacket, and also a couple of suits and some ties. Accessories are on the lower level - credit card case, tooth paste holder (ridiculous!), and something else that slipped my mind.

23-07-2006
V.I.P.

^very interesting..they have been expanding a whole lot..gucci boutique, prada boutique...
i can only hope they open a ysl one again, PLEASE!

fezbatik...i've only met thomas, it my first time in the store..i guess i have yet to meet this elizabeth,
and you're getting me excited! what are all these stores? all on queen street west?! i swear, i went into some but i don't think i recall any of the names.

are even talking about the same thing? you must tell me in detail!

are there any more stores past .69 Vintage? i went there specifically because i've wanted to ever since i saw their booth at the clothing show. i got a sweet pair of boots at the store.
i kid of wish they had more than racks and racks of dresses though.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

Last edited by Pastry; 23-07-2006 at 03:40 PM.
24-07-2006
scenester

I live in Toronto, and I'm bored of shopping at stores at the Eaton centre and so forth. I've decided to explore some new stores and based on all the comments and research I've done, I've decided on these:

§ 69 Vintage
§ American Apparel (for basics)
§ Brava - Is it on 553 Queen St. W. (at Denison Ave.) or 483 Queen St. W. (at Spadina)? I keep getting two answers
§ Cabaret
§ Delphic
§ Freedom Clothing
§ House of Vintage
§ Preloved
§ Stella Luna
§ Tribal Rhythm
§ Trixie

Are the above stores worth looking at based on my budget? For example... I find Urban Outfitters overpriced. $35-40 for a t-shirt? No thanks. (I wouldn't mind spending that if I won the lottery, though)

Generally, I like vintage. I like designer clothes as well, but my student budget doesn't allow me to buy them. Some of my favourite designers are Alexander McQueen, Burberry Prorsum, Marc Jacobs, and Miu Miu. Based on my taste, what other stores would you recommend for me? I already know about Kensington Market... Courage My Love is one of my favourite stores there.

I've heard that people have come across Marc in Winners before... but what location? I'm guessing it's the one on College St.

Lastly, does anyone know of any sales happening in the beginning of August? My birthday is on the 7th!

Last edited by MomentsHaveYou; 24-07-2006 at 04:33 PM.
24-07-2006
front row

^ I agree! I wish I could help but I'm new to the city.

I too am looking for a fairly decent clothing store that's in Toronto that is OK for a 'student budget' I love H&M (@ the Eaton's Centre) but am looking for small clothing stores that aren't huge franchises (like Blue Notes, American Eagle, Garage, etc).

I'm going to go exploring on Yonge Street and around downtown, hopefully I'll find a REALLY good store. If I do, I'll post it here for sure

24-07-2006
front row

Here's are interesting series of articles:
http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/200...ds_mystyle.php

They show people's styles and with the location where they purchased them AND the item's price! Hopefully you can find something nice there. I'm still browsing around there.

27-07-2006
kabhi alvida

what's the absolute best hotel to stay in in the downtown area? Is it the intercontinental?

scenester

1) Are there any outlet malls in or near Toronto worth going to? I already know of Dixie outlet.

2) Where should I get my eyebrows shaped? They're in terrible condition right now... a bit too thin for my liking. In my opinion, Angelina Jolie has the best shape. Any suggestions?

06-08-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbatik
PS: Has anyone seen that god awful men's leather jacket from Danier with the red stripe through the chest that EVERY man, boy and child bought last fall....its like an f'in memo went out....
ewwww yes!!!!

08-08-2006
rising star

TNT blu is doing final sale now, 70% off on all the winter stuff.
Lots of Junya Cdg and a nice Cloak leather jacket !!!

09-08-2006
backstage pass

Does anyone know where I can get Marc Jacobs sunglasses?

MomentsHaveYou, try the Este Lauder Spa inside the Holt Renfrew flagship located on Bloor and Bay. Asa for outlet malls, try Vaughan Mills they have the Holt Renfrew outlet store there.

ImpossiblePrincess, the Four Seasons is great and situated right next to Gucci, Vuitton, Chanel and Holts. Or the Park Hyatt.

TNT Blu sells Cloak??! Omg U'm so going there. Also attention Dior Homme seekers, Montreal is not the only place you can find Dior Homme, the flagship store on Bloor and Bay carries it as well!

09-08-2006
rising star

unplugged- Holts on Bloor sells MJ sunglasses although sometimes their stock isn't great. It depends on the week I guess.

10-08-2006
V.I.P.

i highly suggest that whoever is passing by holt renfrew on bloor st. go there...
the 2nd floor is mostly renovated and it looks AMAZING...i loved it!

10-08-2006
VSFS 2009!

I love Toronto. I went there about last Christmas and it was so much fun and Canadians are so nice!

10-08-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastry
i highly suggest that whoever is passing by holt renfrew on bloor st. go there...
the 2nd floor is mostly renovated and it looks AMAZING...i loved it!
I love it as well. The Chanel and Gucci boutiques looks so luxurious. They should start updating the men's departments though. The renovations are moving quickly everytime I go there which is basicly every other week I see so much change.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shopping, toronto