How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2004
kabhi alvida

Thanks all of you...I wouldn't have known where to start! You know when you read guides in the hotel and they pick all these touristy places and you get there and are like " !!!" (esp when you're a die-hard shopper like me) but know I will! So thank-u!

20-06-2004
backstage pass

...if you want designer labels(LV, Prada, HugoBoss, Gucci etc.) go to Bloor St W; we have a chain of stores, Holt Renfrew it's like a huge department store but it's upscale, they carry different labels. The Bay is another department store but it's not very good..Liz Clarborne(or something like that) should give you an idea. Also don't forget Yorkville and someone already said.

...if you want more creative urban stuff, go to Queen St. W

...if you want fakes and some cheap stuff go to 660 and up towards Eatons Centre on Younge Street

You could also try Eatons but I wouldn't presonally recomend it. The nicest stores they have are Zara, Bebe, and ALDO..also Sears.

As for other malls, Sherway Gardens is not bad, there's a BCBG store there; also Yorkdale is okay.

17-02-2005
trendsetter

Quaint Toronto shops/boutiques
I have a weekend to do some serious spending and since I cannot get over to nyc, I have decided that I will be heading up to Toronto. I was hoping that someone could inform me of shops that are ecclectic and even as to where I can find some cute vintage places! Actually, any shops would be great to know about! Thanks

front row

take a stroll down queen st. west, and then go through kensington market

17-02-2005
trendsetter

black market and tribal rhythm (sp?) on queen. be wary of kensington market as a lot of the stuff there is either in bad condition or what i call "fake vintage" stuff that looks vintage but is really mass produced crud. don't get me wrong you can find some truly awesome stuff there it just takes time. while you're in the area check out chinatown, most people write that area off, but you can find some funky stuff there. if you're looking for funky jewellery little india on the east side of toronto (gerrard st.) has some cool indian jewellery with neat earring and bangles.

22-03-2005
backstage pass

Shopping in Toronto
hey everyone, im off to Canada tomorrow, Toronto, just wondering if anyone has any tips on good places/shops/malls to check out. Coz im from London, outlet stores are always good too for finding cheap jeans etc. thanks!!!!

22-03-2005
front row

Search some of the other topics on Toronto, there is a lot. Funny cause I am goin to London next week and I am from Toronto, we should exchange tips.

But I would say Queen Street West, Bloor, Bay and Yorkville are essential.

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

Go to Space FB, designs by Francois Beauregard, he's based in Montreal but also got a few stores in Toronto.

A few years back he also carried Daryl K and Helmut Lang, now it's limited to his designs only.

22-03-2005
backstage pass

Go to Over the Rainbow in Yorkville, they carry a lot of denim brands such as Seven, Paper Denim & Cloth, etc. Try http://www.bloor-yorkville.com/

Hope that helps!

windowshopping

going to toronto
i am going to toronto this weekend. can anyone recommend good shopping areas or fun things to do there?

thanks!

24-05-2005
front row

the eaton center!

24-05-2005
windowshopping

wheres tristan? he knows all for shopping in the city.

24-05-2005
front row

What kinda stuff are you looking for? It you go to queen st west, like west of Bathurst, you'll find Delphic which carries the lindberg and some sneaker culture stuff, wicked vintage stores try 69 vintage, Brava, House of Vintage. If you want like high end goods, hit yorkville to shop, Holt Renfrew, Over the Rainbow for jeans, I-cii for the comme des garcons and like stuff.

24-05-2005
front row

Definitely hit Yorkville Mall. It's got shops like Zara, H&M, Coach, Holt Renfrew(!), BCBG, Sephora, all that stuff.

If you're into vintage, then hit Kensington Market (College/Spadina). It's a little out-of-the-way but worthwhile if you like funkier stuff.

Queen Street West is nice to stroll if you happen to come during some nice weather - it's a great walk starting from John Street all the way west past Bathurst.

For higher end shoppes go to Bay/Bloor for the Holt Renfrew flagship store, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, etc.. and the best shoe stores are in that area.

24-05-2005
rising star

Holt Renfrew (kind of like neiman marcus or bergdorf) is, in my opinion the best place to shop in Toronto!! There are stores on Bloor St, at Yorkdale Mall, and Sherway Gardens!! (the biggest is probably on Bloor St. (they even have an Estee Lauder Spa!!)) I hope I could be of some help.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shopping, toronto