How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-01-2008
trendsetter

^ Yes, you are correct.
I got an email from them earlier today.

I find Holt's sales to be quite a disappointment. Seldom are any nice pieces on sale - it's mostly the unwanted odds and ends. Every year I see a basket (yes, an actual woven one) full off Dsquared belts from past collections for like $70 each. They're quite ridiculous looking.

29-02-2008
backstage pass

There are a few cute stores along the Yonge strip, in the Yonge & Eglinton area as well as Yonge & St. Clair. Some are major chain stores others are smaller chains or independent.

05-03-2008
rising star

So I finally made my way to Second Time Around today and I had some sort of high hopes thinking i just might find something awesome but alas nothing :p Also made a pit stop at Holts and the sale they are having is a bust too. I had high hopes of buying something.. anything today but ended up going home. An attempt will be made again Friday, wish me luck! lol.

Last edited by tiny; 05-03-2008 at 09:25 PM.
05-03-2008
trendsetter

^good luck! :p
i'm going shopping this weekend... might go to bloor-yorkville area if the weather's nice.

06-03-2008
rising star

^ thanks! Im heading to Kensingtion Market tomorrow and back to Bay Bloor Saturday. Im on a slight mission for some spring/summer clothes... well if it ever comes...

06-03-2008
trendsetter

^seriously, where did all this snow come from?!
today was nice, but there's another storm coming tomorrow!! eek.

07-03-2008
rising star

^ Honestly, I'm just sitting in here in my office WAITING for it snow, but it's suppose to start this evening... so I still have time to shop! Hopefully it won't be too blistery for you to shop on Saturday.

10-03-2008
backstage pass

What's with Holts these days? I was at the Bloor Street store the other day, and their kids' department is GONE! They also don't sell Kate Spade anymore (have they pulled out of Canada completely due to Kate and Andy no longer really running the company?). I knew about the Stila case though...they've pulled out of virtually every department store in North America, except Bloomingdale's I think.

10-03-2008
trendsetter

I know this thread is about shopping but any suggestions on food or clubs? I'm going to Toronto this weekend!!

31-05-2008
fashion insider

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but I am new to Toronto and I need to find a good hair salon. I want something probably under $50 or 60. Can anyone suggest me some? It's hard to find reviews and prices online.

01-06-2008
windowshopping

Try Shampoo in Kensington Market.

01-06-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollagasper View Post
Sorry this is a little off-topic, but I am new to Toronto and I need to find a good hair salon. I want something probably under $50 or 60. Can anyone suggest me some? It's hard to find reviews and prices online.
You could try Caroline at Delineation on Yonge. Its about $60.

20-07-2008
scenester

Did anyone go to the Shopping Addicts sale?

21-07-2008
mme
backstage pass

I just read about this in a newspaper article this weekend, thought I'd share it here. There's a pop up store open right now, and they mainly sell high quality supima cotton tees, both printed/plain I think. It's called Shared and I don't remember the exact address but the article said beside the Drake Hotel.. so on Queen St West. Opened till the end of August. Hopefully I can go next week

25-07-2008
scenester

i read that article as well ^
I have a friend who bought a couple of shirts from them and they actually are realllly comfy. im hoping to go sometime soon to pick a few up for myself even though they are a tad on the pricey side

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shopping, toronto