How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-08-2008
scenester

I am just moving to Toronto now because I will be attending university there!! Besides H&M and Zara where else should I shop for college clothes? Thanks

21-08-2008
scenester

Any sales ??

23-08-2008
rising star

EVERYONE!
Tnt blu is wrapping up their summer sale, I got new threads, at prices you wouldn't believe. Crazy deals.

I love that store, it rocks.

Their sale ends Sunday.

GO!!!!!!!!!

03-10-2008
front row

This thread is so dead, is Toronto shopping that bad???

05-10-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSophistactd View Post
This thread is so dead, is Toronto shopping that bad???
After having lived in Toronto my whole life, I would say yes it's bad relative to other places. I personally don't think Montreal is better like so many others say. Toronto and its surrounding regions (York, Peel, etc.) are so large and easy to get to, you've got a lot more choice on your hands.

However, compared to the US, we have much less selection in term of the mall-type stores. Our Forever 21, Garage, Stitches, etc. are definitely not as extensive in selection or up to date in styles as their American or European counterparts. In downtown Toronto, we're pretty blessed with the selection of mid-high end lines (even in comparison with many US places excluding their large cities). But what we ARE lacking is competitive pricing and selection (there's only a few well stocked places around here).

front row

It makes me mad Toronto is so behind. Boston a city smaller in population is ten times better in terms of brands, selection and prices.

06-10-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSophistactd View Post
It makes me mad Toronto is so behind. Boston a city smaller in population is ten times better in terms of brands, selection and prices.
Yeah, me too. But the sheer buying power of the retailers there just can't be beat. Sigh....

More and more foreign stores are coming to Canada, if only we got Topshop and Uniqlo....and a few more higher end stores like Saks, Nordstroms, etc. Holt Renfrew does not have any competition at its size (only small boutiques but they really don't compete!)....

windowshopping

What are my options for purchasing a new 2008 Black Balenciaga First bag???
Holts doesnt have any black ones in stock and dont know when or if they'll get anymore anytime soon, so wondering if I could get one in Buffalo or Rochester???? wouldnt want to have to go to NYC or Chicago, any ideas or help is appreciated....

tia

13-10-2008
rising star

I would kill for a Topman, srsly.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any nice pea coats in the Toronto area. Specifically, I'm looking for a slim, black pea coat. The bagginess of regular pea coat styles don't work well on me .

There is this one on the gap website (its online-only) but I'd much rather buy from a physical store...

gap.com

Any help would be fantastic and much-appreciated

trendsetter

check out Club Monaco, they'll have something slim fitting for sure.

14-10-2008
fashion insider

I'm planning to go line up for the CDG x H&M launch, but it's my first time going to something like this, so what is it like? How early should I go? Also, they will carry the line at both the Bloor and Eaton location - is one better than the other? Bloor is a lot smaller than Eaton, so I don't want to go there and find out they don't carry all the pieces.

14-10-2008
windowshopping

I just saw a nice slim pea coat at Zara this weekend in eaton centre so you also might want to check that out.

Anywhere I can see pics of the CDG/H&M collections thats coming out?

14-10-2008
fashion insider

Nitrolicious (blog) has posted all the pieces. I don't have the link though, so you might have to search around... Also, the most recent Vogue Nippon has Erin Wasson modeling some of the pieces. It's very nice, go check it out.

14-10-2008
rising star

@rollagasper: Eatons is the Toronto flagship so they'll have everything
@fashion_boi_01: Just checked out the Club Monaco website; I can't afford to drop $300 on a pea coat unfortunately .
@shopace: I've never actually been in Zara! I understand it's fairly well priced... can anyone confirm?

front row

^ Zara is fairly well priced in that you are paying a fraction of the price for a similar piece straight from the runway. It is basically all runway/brandname inspired items. I find the quality lacking for the price, though. While their fabrics are generally okay, they really need to work on their finishing as I've had many pieces unravel. I think you can find coats at Zara for $150-350 depending on the style.

You might also want to try H&M. Their winter coats, imo, are strictly fashion. The materials are rougher, but then again, you get what you paid for, right? But their styling is very slim.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shopping, toronto