How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

Orfus Road!
And if you're feeling vintage, check out Kensington Market. It never disappoints.

24-05-2005
backstage pass

You definitely dont want to miss Bloor St., man i adore that street

scenester

Another vote for Bloor street!

26-05-2005
backstage pass

I definitely recommend Queen St. for some cool mix of shopping. Bloor St. for more high-end as is Yorkville. You might want to check out Yorkdale mall - they've done it up.

26-05-2005
rising star

Has anyone been to any of the Mango stores that opened up in the Eaton Center, Sherway Garden and another mall? It's only coming to Montreal in the fall, I cannot wait. Luckily my sister is going to Spain in next few weeks, and she'll bring me back a few things.

Review from http://toronto.fashion-monitor.com/n...2mango_toronto:

Mango Store in Sherway Garden
Mango, another hot Spanish export, started the battle for the hearts (and wallets) of stylish Torontonians. We visited the first Mango store, opened recently in Sherway Garden.

Mango is not Zara. Period.

The collection is stunning. Ecru section is epecially lovable, with flowing skirts (opposite to stiff embroidered pieces in each and every store window) and delicate two-toned blouses that you won’t give to charity at the end of the season.

Mango plays with layering a lot this season, offering transparent blouses to be worn under cropped cardigans. The muted light colors and elementary lines prevail.

Byzantino part of the collection pays homage to the gypsy chic with rich metallic embroidered arabesques and crocheting. Aged metal rules in accessories and jewellery. Gipsy part plays with flowing shiffon in oversize blouses and matching bikini tops in Roberto Cavalli way. Again, nothing too obvious – these clothes will live with you happily even after this folk craze goes away.

The design of the new store is sleek and contemporary, but not in a cheap way when you go for white and throw in some metal hangers. In Mango store unusually wide windows, black hardwood floors and shockingly alive mannequins make the shopping for a colorful tee an rich and opulent experience.

The price range is reasonable, with only few items going above the hundred-dollar mark.

Must-haves: hand-made crocheted cardigans, slim crocheted scarves, white cotton skirts with lace and intricate layering.

26-05-2005
kabhi alvida

I already posted a thread on this when I went to Toronto. Let me try and find it for you...

kabhi alvida

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...opping+toronto

backstage pass

Mango's decent, but I think its cheaper in Europe than here, but that might be expected. You should check it out though. They have quite the range of prices from low to high.

08-08-2005
front row

Best shopping in Toronto..
where are some good stores in toronto to shop? im going on thursday and i need some help finding places to go.. i went last week and went to Holt Renfrew, Gucci, Vuitton, 87 bloor..places like that. As well as vintage stores like Black Market and that Army Surplus store on Young St.. Where can i get designer clothes cheaper? maybe stuff from previous seasons, any help would really be appriciated!! thanks guys

08-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan
What kinda stuff are you looking for? It you go to queen st west, like west of Bathurst, you'll find Delphic which carries the lindberg and some sneaker culture stuff, wicked vintage stores try 69 vintage, Brava, House of Vintage. If you want like high end goods, hit yorkville to shop, Holt Renfrew, Over the Rainbow for jeans, I-cii for the comme des garcons and like stuff.
hey tristan where is 69 vintage and house of vintage located? i usually hit up brava and kensington but am looking for some new places to shop vintage!

thanks!

09-08-2005
rising star

TNT in Hazelton on Yorkville behind Bloor street is lovely!

backstage pass

Ladies and gentlemen: We're forgetting fabulous little finds in Bloor West Village like Le Firme (for some great discouted Pinko, D&G, Cavalli, etc...), Trixie (like a boutique-style Aritzia...if you're into that), and blue angel...

ummm....The Finishing Touch up at Yonge and Lawrence carries some great stuff (Cynthia Steffe, Autumn Cashmere, R.U., etc...)...

Yonge and Eglinton has some GREAT little boutiques..
Paperbag princess...

I've never been to Holt Renfrew Last Call - but I'm sure it has last seasons designs...370 Steeles Ave. W.

09-08-2005
windowshopping

screw the clothes go to sneaky d's

09-08-2005
V.I.P.

I like Over the Rainbow

09-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan
What kinda stuff are you looking for? It you go to queen st west, like west of Bathurst, you'll find Delphic which carries the lindberg and some sneaker culture stuff, wicked vintage stores try 69 vintage, Brava, House of Vintage. If you want like high end goods, hit yorkville to shop, Holt Renfrew, Over the Rainbow for jeans, I-cii for the comme des garcons and like stuff.
I-cii is already closed. I hope Peter will come up with another project soon. TNT has some Cloak F/W and hopefully, anti-Hero will get some Les Hommes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shopping, toronto