How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
I hate Holt Renfrew Last Call. I have no patients to look through racks of clothing that doesn't sell at other locations.
The stuff that isn't purchased at the other locations by older extremely wealthy people is most likely what I would wear. But I never noticed a men's section. It must be really small.

Anyway, there's another location?? The only one stated on the website is the one in Vaughan.

25-03-2006
windowshopping

You have to look really hard in Last Call do find anything worth it. My favorite places are Holts (of course), Queen West (Cabaret, Brava, House of vintage, 69 Vintage etc), Richmond St is great, If you look you can always find sample sales in the random buildings and theres a ton of random little design shops.

26-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugged66
As for Dior Homme, it's impossible to find here in Toronto. I've done so much research yet I have not found any place that sells Dior Homme products. That's why I think I might be booking a little trip to NY so I can purchase a few pieces.
For Dior Homme, check with salesperson at downtown Holts. They can show you pictures of DH item selling at Montreal Holts and transfer the item for you. For Kris Van Asche, it's available at Vancouver Holts.

I think there isn't too many people heard about DH at Holts. Both salespersons at Rainbow and Normad asked me the same question today and were wondering where I got my DH jeans. FYI, Rainbow got some Edwin japan made unwashed denim, but price is > 500+

27-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxma
For Dior Homme, check with salesperson at downtown Holts. They can show you pictures of DH item selling at Montreal Holts and transfer the item for you. For Kris Van Asche, it's available at Vancouver Holts.

I think there isn't too many people heard about DH at Holts. Both salespersons at Rainbow and Normad asked me the same question today and were wondering where I got my DH jeans. FYI, Rainbow got some Edwin japan made unwashed denim, but price is > 500+
Thanks so much for the info, a few sales associates know me at Holt so I will definatley request to see the DH catalogue. One last question where is Normad located?

27-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugged66
Thanks so much for the info, a few sales associates know me at Holt so I will definatley request to see the DH catalogue. One last question where is Normad located?
Normad is right besides Goodfoot on Richmond St, west of Spadina. It has Visvim, Y3.

27-03-2006
backstage pass

Thanks so much, I got to start saving up again to have one of those big shopping days lol.

27-03-2006
backstage pass

I love Cabaret too!

I got a burberry-prorsum-like theatre coat there, and it is
A-MA-Zing!

27-03-2006
backstage pass

Does anyone know if there is any place here in Toronto that sells Acne jeans?

27-03-2006
backstage pass

Hmm try Due West located on Queen they have tons of amazing jean brands.

27-03-2006
backstage pass

^^ Delphic on Queen W. has them. (or had them late last year anyway...I got mine there).

28-03-2006
backstage pass

Acne Jeans in Toronto?
Where can you purchase them in Toronto?

11-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesElectric
Does anyone know if there is any place here in Toronto that sells Acne jeans?
Yep, Delphic still has them.. and they have a bit of selection too.

16-04-2006
windowshopping

I was wondering if you might know of any good hat stores (not really millners etc, since I don't want to spend more than 100.00 on this hat) in Toronto that might carry a wide brimmed floppy(ish) womens hat (think to wear on the riveria/Aud Hepburn type style...) - I'd prefer that it's not straw/woven material, more classic...

thanks! (I'd welcome any stores in Toronto/online, and does anyone know the proper thread/which thread I should look in for the answer to this question?)

17-04-2006
backstage pass

^^ Big it up?

18-04-2006
windowshopping

^ Yep i tried there - they did have one. but long story short I wasn't able to get it (another lady snapped it from out of my hands and it was the only one they had...). I was debating lilliput hats, but they're all around $150+

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shopping, toronto