How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran16
Does anyone know where you can get a cute dress for under $150.00 in Toronto. I was thinking H&M, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be great.
Fashion crimes (queen st. west)

09-07-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_boi_01
Your welcome!! Didn't know APC had such a demand.

emiika: does Holts sell APC clothes for men too? And I believe one of the cuts at TNT is unisex.. they had it in a bunch of sizes starting from 25.
ellesea: nope, unfortunately. I think they only have sales when most other stores do (end of season, around July.)
ellewoods: Bloor Street from Yonge to Avenue has a lot of stores, as do the adjacent streets. The general area is called Bloor Yorkville. www.bloor-yorkville.com/
Thanks, I actually live in Yorkville area and so (unfortunately for my wallet) shop/eat/drink there all the time.

I was asking about Yonge street itself- from Yonge/Bloor all the way south, I haven't seen any nice stores at all... I was just confused about the comment that there was good shopping on Yonge itself.

09-07-2006
lovely but empty

Bran16 - try F/X on Queen West as well.

09-07-2006
lovely but empty

Oh! And Peach Berserk, it's a few stores down from F/X.

09-07-2006
V.I.P.

how many locations of "last call" does holt renfrew have? i always thought there was one in vaughan mills and that's it.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
10-07-2006
trendsetter

There's another one in Winnipeg.

10-07-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellewoods
Thanks, I actually live in Yorkville area and so (unfortunately for my wallet) shop/eat/drink there all the time.

I was asking about Yonge street itself- from Yonge/Bloor all the way south, I haven't seen any nice stores at all... I was just confused about the comment that there was good shopping on Yonge itself.
ohh I see.. well I don't know of any Yonge street shopping.. I mostly just stick to Yorkville.

10-07-2006
V.I.P.

after i got some broadcloth that i needed, i decided to walk down (or is it up?) queen street west (past the fabric district)...i've never been down there before, but i went for that .69 vintage shop.

on my way back, i walked into "cabaret"..you'd be crazy not to go to that shop if you're in the area. thomas runs the most amazing vintage shop. racks and racks of 50's/60's dresses in perfect condition. some uber cool collectors items like two wool swimsuits from the 1920's, loads of hat boxes and shoe boxes. and it's a very comfortable and cozy atmoshpere.

in other words..go there!

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
10-07-2006
rising star

Quote:
ohh I see.. well I don't know of any Yonge street shopping.. I mostly just stick to Yorkville.

Me too, but that's just cause I'm too lazy to go anywhere else :p

12-07-2006
front row

Quote:
There's another one in Winnipeg.
Yes! In Portage Place (downtown) second level near the water fountain

Anyways, does anyone know a good place downtown (around yonge street, eatons centre and/or queen street) that sells good rock-ish clothing .. that's affordable?

17-07-2006
doom doom doom

Does Holt Renfrew go on sale for more than 50% off (not at Last Call though)? If so, when is the last markdown usually? Thanks.

17-07-2006
V.I.P.

^ there is a huge sale right now...even though it's officially half off, plenty of items are very well-priced.

*men's sale is crap, btw.

18-07-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl
Does Holt Renfrew go on sale for more than 50% off (not at Last Call though)? If so, when is the last markdown usually? Thanks.
They just further marked down the items on Sunday, now it's about 60% off.

18-07-2006
doom doom doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxma
They just further marked down the items on Sunday, now it's about 60% off.
Sweet! I'll go check out the one in Montreal tomorrow. Thanks!

Thanks Pastry for the info too!

19-07-2006
backstage pass

Pastry - Isn't Thomas at Cabaret amazing?? Such a sweet man. Did you meet Elizabeth? She is incredible!

West Queen West has some AMAZING stores - I don't know why more people havent picked up on this:

Besides Delphic (which is a give-in, but so hard on my wallet), go see Kasha and Alexia at Pho Pa - they are amazing stylists and Alexia carries some cute lines like Chulo Pony.

You must go to Boutique Le Trou

Kama Kazi style boutique is great - and Debra carries TROVATA, which I love.

you can find nice inexpensive dresses at Girl Friday.

Meg is amazing, and meg herself (the owner/designer) is really nice. She has some really nice dresses, all the time.

then there's Hush, Huh, Mothership, Seveneighty, Comrags (!!!), Psyche, Response, Klaxon Howl (men's), 69 Vintage...the list goes on.

(and I am somewhat biased since I work for the Art & Design District).

For those of you who haven't visited the area (Queen b/w Bathurst and Gladstone), I highly encourage you to do so.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shopping, toronto