How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2005
windowshopping

Toronto - Tsubi jeans
Who has the best selection of Tsubi jeans and Rogan for men and women in Toronto??

30-07-2005
gromosexual

does anywhere in toronto have any good jeans??

the jeans at holt's are a damn joke, and 83 bloor has crap cavalli and d&g but i never actually see good denim like tsubi there. Last summer I told the lady at holt's to start carrying tsubi (not that anyone there knew what it was.. i mean what was i to expect from them? anybody on these forums is more qualified to work there), i had to write it down for her and she was gonna forward it to the buyer... what do they get next summer? shelves and shelves of 7's, PDC, hideous true religions and earnest sewn. a bit of nudie and notify, but whoopy f*ckin do. i hope they change it up, because honestly, their denim buyers are idiots. wow and these pills are supposed to calm me down?

30-07-2005
rising star

I don't know what kind of jeans you are looking for, but Queen is a good place to start, a lot of independ barnds and small shops, sometimes you have to look hard to find they.

30-07-2005
windowshopping

what about tnt and Delphic?? I heard they had rogan. I work with Diesels, Sevens etc etc and wanted something diff. So nowhere in Toronto has Tsubi??

01-08-2005
front row

There are most definately stores in Toronto that carry Tsubi. I'm not sure if Delphic does, but I'm pretty positive that Lileo in the distillery district does. Call gotstyle on King near Spadina to check if they do as I haven't been following what they stock lately.

---> on another note, I scored a rad *** pair of Vintage Dior Sunglasses yesterday for 45 dollars, along with an *amazing* red and yellow Hulk Hogan Wrestle Mania bandana!

01-08-2005
windowshopping

Hey Tristan, thanks for the tip! I knew there had to be some place. Where did u score the vinatge items?

01-08-2005
windowshopping

Tristan, what about Rogan?

01-08-2005
front row

Over the Rainbow doesn't?

01-08-2005
fashion icon

Toronto doesn't have much good shopping for high-end jeans based on my experience...then again i never checked the independent boutiques, but as far as high fashion went, Holt's pales in comparison to Barneys, or even the bigger Saks stores. I'd go as far to say Lane Crawford's jeans selection crushes Holt's.

Blah i guess i just heavily dislike the store.

02-08-2005
front row

just ebay.com.au it, theres always heaps on there, and generally sizes are a little big, and the denim stretches, so buy a size down for a snug fit, or else after a couple of washes, they'll fall right off you.

02-08-2005
backstage pass

Apparently Over the Rainbow used to carry Rogan - but as of the last time I went back in April - they didn't anymore...

02-08-2005
front row

Nope, OTR doesn't stalk Rogan as far as I know at the moment. They constantly have new stuff coming in, but I have a general contempt for Over the Rainbow. Total Juicy Couture clientele that they cater to. It is generally a non-fashion industry client that the Toronto buyers are aiming at, so when it comes to premium denim picks are pretty slim. Again try Lileo I feel they may have something for you. But if you're in yorkville check out I-cii they carry alot of comme des garcons stuff that's really nice.

I got the glasses and banadana at 69 vintage. I once found an original Versace by Gianni at paperbag princess that I pulled for an editorial.

02-08-2005
backstage pass

Tristan - you're so insightful ... hope your summer is going well!

02-08-2005
windowshopping

Doesnt tnt carry them?

02-08-2005
front row

TNT might actually now that I think about it. I never go up there anymore. Hmmm be worth it to give 'em a call.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, toronto, tsubi