How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-11-2007
backstage pass

Does anyone know some good places to shop in Cork or Galway? Or really anywhere along the west coast, becuase that's where I'll be next summer. Thanks!

03-01-2008
scenester

You should definitely visit the lovely store "Yesterdays" in Cork. They have a website also: www.yesterdays.ie.

backstage pass

^looks like a cute shop, thanks!

05-12-2009
windowshopping

Belfast Shopping - Insiders Guide... Lanvin, Dries Van Noten, Rick Owens and more...
Ok so not strictly "Ireland" but there is great shopping in Belfast.

My favourite shop Envoy has just launched a new website (http://www.envoyofbelfast.com). AMAZING. Lanvin, Dries, Margiela, Rick Owens, Paul Smith. It keeps me in the red every month (literally)! They also stock Guidi and Paul Harnden, makers of the most beautiful shoes/bags on this earth! Ruth and Ruth are lovely, really helpful and not at all pushy.

In Belfast, there are a couple more worth a visit:

NINE Chichester Street, city centre - for Ann Valerie Hash, Vivienne Westwood, Philip Treacy hats and bags, Martin Grant... older age group. http://www.ninechichesterstreet.com
Velvet on Lisburn Road - Schumacher, Anna Sui, J brand jeans. Cute. http://www.velvetclothing.co.uk/
For vintage - Raspberry Beret in Bloomfield Avenue (East Belfast, out of the city). She has a great eye. In fact I just bought a mink jacket there today. I know I will rot in hell. But it's the business.
There is also Cruise (Victoria Square), but unless you are married to a footballer, would advise caution. Maybe that's a bit mean, some of the stuff is okay - and they have just started stocking prada...
House of Fraser/Victoria Square centre also has Reiss, All Saints, and a Whistles and Comptoir des Cotonniers concession...

DUNDALK
Eden in Dundalk is worth a visit. They stock John Rocha. Also Isabel Marant (so hard to get!), and some other french brands like Maje, Antik Batick and Manoush. They used to stock Scorah Patullo (shoes) but no more . Gillian, the owner is great. They also have really beautiful children's clothes and toys. If you want to spoil the little ones!

Also there is a new vintage shop very recently opened in Blackrock (Dundalk). Haven't been there yet but saw some of her stuff at a vintage fair in Belfast. The stuff was really special, if a little pricey... she gave me a card so will hoke it out for more details.

And finally, if you are looking for somewhere to stay/go for cocktails or afternoon tea, the Merchant Hotel is really nice.

Maybe I should work for the tourist board!

H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *+*darietta*+* View Post
something different from brown thomas n topshop???

anywhere!!!!

from dublin to galway to cork to limerick to anywheeeeeeeeeeeere

im so bored.
duh

Last edited by hephzibah; 05-12-2009 at 01:01 PM.
26-07-2010
scenester

^ hephzibah do you know any other vintage shops actually in Belfast? I've written down Raspberry Beret and I've also got Rusty Zip on Botanic Avenue.

Anything would be great!

Tags
ireland, unconventional