How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-01-2007
windowshopping

Unconventional Ireland
something different from brown thomas n topshop???

anywhere!!!!

from dublin to galway to cork to limerick to anywheeeeeeeeeeeere

im so bored.
duh

04-02-2007
trendsetter

Dundrum is nice(Dublin) but always very crowded, I won't go there in the weekends. Then you have cecelia's place & clerys' Both are OK. But Topshop & Brown Thomas are still my faves too

scenester

why not try The Loft Market in Powercourt Centre and support an up and coming irish designer, theres some really nice style there

04-03-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintan
why not try The Loft Market in Powercourt Centre and support an up and coming irish designer, theres some really nice style there
I second this recommendation.

Also, try Kalu in Naas, Co.Kildare. They stock really great stuff.

backstage pass

Arnotts is ok. Tulle in the George's St Arcade usually have some very nice dress & tops by up & coming foreign designers. They had Sass & Bide before Bts if I remember correctly. All Saints on the ground floor of the Powerscourt Centre and I third The Loft Market recommendation. Reiss next to Topshop on Stephen's Green, Diesel on Suffolk St, Urban Outfitters in Temple Bar, and the designer's market on Cow's Lane. Coast, which is in BTs but also have a shop between Reiss & Topshop on Stephen's Green usually has a good stock of dresses. I haven't been in any of them yet but I hear that there are some nice boutiques in Blackrock aswell. There is a great little boutique on Dame's Lane, the name of which is currently escaping me, but it is one of the few places in Dublin that stocks 24in waist jeans. I remember the salesgirls in BTs sending me down there as they had no 24in.

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that stocks Jenny Han or Nanette Lepore? I can't remember if I saw NL in BTs or not and I've just been stalking them on ebay in the meantime

Last edited by littleblacksheep; 20-03-2007 at 09:31 AM.
06-05-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblacksheep
Arnotts is ok. Tulle in the George's St Arcade usually have some very nice dress & tops by up & coming foreign designers. They had Sass & Bide before Bts if I remember correctly. All Saints on the ground floor of the Powerscourt Centre and I third The Loft Market recommendation. Reiss next to Topshop on Stephen's Green, Diesel on Suffolk St, Urban Outfitters in Temple Bar, and the designer's market on Cow's Lane. Coast, which is in BTs but also have a shop between Reiss & Topshop on Stephen's Green usually has a good stock of dresses. I haven't been in any of them yet but I hear that there are some nice boutiques in Blackrock aswell. There is a great little boutique on Dame's Lane, the name of which is currently escaping me, but it is one of the few places in Dublin that stocks 24in waist jeans. I remember the salesgirls in BTs sending me down there as they had no 24in.

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that stocks Jenny Han or Nanette Lepore? I can't remember if I saw NL in BTs or not and I've just been stalking them on ebay in the meantime
I think BTs stock Nanette...not 100% sure though...

backstage pass

what are the best restaurants on grafton street? as well, what designers have boutiques on grafton? im being dragged to ireland in the upcoming weeks as it is my parents native country and am hoping to at least have a little bit of fun. thanks in advance

scenester

Do you have some shopping tipps for Limerick? I'll study there next semester and I'm already trying to get some information on the city. You're very welcome to post your favorite restaurants, clubs and cafés, too! :-)

tfs star

^^ Are you going to LSAD? My sister studied there! I don't know much about it to be honest but the school's reputed to be the best in the country.

scenester

No, I'll attend the University of Limerick. I got some kind of scholarship (Erasmus); actually I applied for Galway as I heard that the town is really nice. But hey, at least I'm going to Ireland. ;-)

tfs star

Oh I knew a few people who've partook in that program, I hear it's amazing, well I hope Ireland treats you well! Maybe your arrival will bring some miraculous end to our dreadful weather..

Highly unlikely...

scenester

Yes, I've heard that the weather in Ireland isn't much better than here in Germany. Maybe you can give me some advice what to pack? I'll stay there until the end of January, so I should bring some warm clothes, right?

tfs star

DEFINITELY! It won't be bitterly cold but it does get quite chilly and ensure you have a mac too! It just never stops raining...literally.

scenester

Ok, so now I'll have to go shopping. I don't even have a rain coat! And a simple trench won't do, I guess. Perhaps I can do some shopping in Limerick... What stores are there? Of course I want to visit Dublin a couple of times; a former classmate lives there. :-)

scenester

I've arrived in Limerick last week and have already found some nice shops. Are there any good vintage shops in town?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ireland, unconventional