How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2007
princely

Has anyone been to Johnathan and Olivia? What are their price points like? Especially for Acne and Filippa K?

15-10-2007
backstage pass

^I've been to Jonathan and Olivia. Their Acne jeans are like $350. HTH

04-01-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylefinder View Post
Ai, too much to list. Modern Urban Guides has great listings on indie boutiques:
http://www.elephantshoeconcepts.com/

I'll go by neighborhood.

Main St (from just north of Broadway up until about 30th Ave):
Jonathan + Olivia (Hanii Y, Development, Mike & Chris, Cheap Monday, F-Troupe shoes, Vanessa Bruno, Vince, karen walker, Earnest Sewn, Filippa K, Bulga, Spring&Clifton, Seven, Rag & Bone, United Bamboo, Whyred, Lewis Cho, Norma Kamali, much more. mens and Womenswear)
Eugene Choo
Front & Co (great consignment)
The Barefoot Contessa (pretty, girly dresses, tops and bottoms, gifts, accessories, jewelry)
Lark (one-stop-shop for Nudie and Denimbirds jeans, Sinbi, Bertoni, Petit Oiseau, Kulpa, Lark in-house brand, much more)
Motherland
Pleasant Girl
Burcu's Angels
Hotbox Accessories
Ark
...Um, I could go on.

Yaletown:
Vasanji, Atomic Model, Global Atomic, Bionic Footwear, Lola Home and Apparel, Basquiat, Eve, Babe Belangere Boutique, Mandula, Fine Finds

Gastown:
Komakino, Richard Kidd, One of a Few, Obakki, Woo Vintage, Dream, The Block, Mintage, Dutil, Subdivision, Hunt & Gather, Goon Pack

W 4th:
Gravity Pope! (aka shoe heaven), Liquid, Skyler, much more but I can't remember right now.

Commercial Drive:
Spank, Beckwomans, Little Miss Vintage, My Sisters' Closet, Kalena;s, Mintage, Retro Rock Vintage, Virgin Mary's, Riot

South Granville (south of Broadway):
Misch, Boboli, Babs Studio Boutique, Ellis, Zebraclub, DKNY, Cattiva

Downtown:
Betsey Johnson, LV, Hermes, Used Vintage, Spank, Holt Renfrew, Wolford, Ports 1961, American Apparel, Fluevog, Winners, BEDO, Puma, Gsus, Tiffany, much more around Granville St and Burrard St, and all down Robson.

West Broadway:
Shine, Plenty, Loulou, Loulou Luv

visit my blog for more. (it's linked in my signature)
It's weird seeing my Grandpa's shop on there, Beckwomans, I think he partially owns it and theres another smaller shop on Hastings..
Oh yeah...VALUE VILLAGE....I cannot stress this enough....

04-01-2008
V.I.P.

Has anyone seen any clothing design that's a little more experimental / unusual ? In either fabric or the way it's cut

I visited the FashionHigh website on Vancouver designers
A lot of the work is like ordinary clothes... not saying it's bad though

Even high-end brands like Burberry can create some pretty innovative pieces...

04-01-2008
V.I.P.

If possible, I'm curious about local furniture / industrial design too...

Anything that's MADE IN VANCOUVER at least

04-01-2008
front row

There were some things at the open studios on the East Side Culture Crawl, esp furniture. Judson Beaumont is always interesting at 1000 Parker, lots of other good studios there too. Web site has links to lots of artisans/artists.

Portobello Market one Sunday a month might have something. There were some T-shirts with very subtle Canadian images like an outline of Canada in green plaid. The shirts were at the ShopCocoon coop on Main too.

04-01-2008
V.I.P.

Thanks Chalice

I missed the Culture Crawl this year due to so much schoolwork
I went last year --I don't remember any furniture in the Parker St. area though
I guess it's growing more

I've been seeing some really cool industrial design from Emily Carr Arts Institute through blogs lately. Tables, shoes, etc. Really interesting ideas. I hope a few will stay in Van to work

04-01-2008
front row

Check the web site for the crawl, in the furniture section. There's a lot more there than I managed to get to, so I was surprised too.

10-01-2008
V.I.P.

Here's one

Molo Design
http://www.molodesign.com/en/molo.html

card board seating |

Quote:
about molo

molo, based in Vancouver, Canada, is a design studio dedicated to materials research and an exploration of space making. As a design and manufacturing company, molo creates and distributes unique and innovative products to clients around the world. The design of molo products grows from Forsythe + MacAllen’s architectural explorations, inspired by the idea that smaller tactile objects and elements can have a real potency in the physical experience of a space. molo’s float tea lantern and paper softwall exemplify ideas of intimate, temporal space making and the original thinking behind all molo products. float glassware and the soft line of products in particular have received numerous international awards, and molo’s softwall has been acquired into the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art, in New York.

http://www.designspongeonline.com/20...lo-design.html

07-02-2008
backstage pass

Hi - I need advice on this. I have to buy a floor-length gown, it's for a cello concert actually. I would love to buy designer but I can't afford it. My budget is under 1000$-ish. And please don't say BCBG, hahah

Thanks for any help!

scenester

new men's shop
hey guys i just visited a new men's wear store in Gastown Vancouver and its called Roden Gray..they got brands like wings+horns, nice collective(i can't wait for their spring shipment), obedient sons (also love this label, and really happy that they carry this brand), filson bags, and exclusive to Comme des Garson parfum among others..the clothing are amazing and wings+horns is designed and manufactured in Vancouver..the sales are really knowledgeable and friendly..this has got to be my new fav shop!! for you fashionable lads and stylish ladies out there who want something wearable with a edgy twist u gotta go down to Roden Gray..their address is 231 cambie street and their fone # is 604-689-7302 i think they got a website as well..www.rodengray.com

ps: i took a pic of the store chekc it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg store13.jpg (53.9 KB, 266 views)

11-02-2008
scenester

hey there are some really great shops in vancouver..personally i used to shop at richard kidd..now i mostly shop at Roden Gray..a relatively new men's wear store..really awesome..some amazing brands and their concept is just killer love the store www.rodengray.com

11-02-2008
V.I.P.

^looks really great !
Thanks fdf
I've been curious about trying those CDG colognes..

hey do you know what is all the shiny black stuff in your photo
is it a table? ..made of wood? kind of even looks like leather

it's a very nice shop design

11-02-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
^looks really great !
Thanks fdf
I've been curious about trying those CDG colognes..

hey do you know what is all the shiny black stuff in your photo
is it a table? ..made of wood? kind of even looks like leather

it's a very nice shop design
hey it is a table and its burnt wood..its amazing and Roden Gray carry 9 different kinds of CDG colognes

22-02-2008
front row

I visited Roden Gray yesterday and the staff is super friendly. Nice that somebody is carrying CDG fragrance again. I was informed that the shop is owned by the previous buyer from Richard Kidd. Also they will be getting in Helmut Lang suits in the fall. No women's, but many small mens styles that women could wear. I'll definitely be checkin in on them again.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shopping, vancouver