How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkLadyLaw
the Versace has been there at least two years
no, no i don't mean that little versus versace place. i mean the full-out versace boutique. it's much, much bigger.

23-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by elschic111
also, there is a store in Tysons II that carries Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, Jil Sander etc. clothing and shoes. Great selection. i'm sorry i can't remember the name right now but i do know it's on the second floor towards the center of the mall (situate yourself directly above starbucks and i am fairly sure it is to the right if you are facing starbucks and not the ritz).
I think it's called Carol Mitchel or something....right near the Saks beauty counters entrance?

02-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elschic111
no, no i don't mean that little versus versace place. i mean the full-out versace boutique. it's much, much bigger.
They closed the Versace Jeans Couture shop and recently (like past 6 months) opened the Versace store next to Neimans...

I didnt realize...I shop sooo much, I like know everything about everywhere. Ya'll know that the Hechts in Chevy Chase is now becoming a Bloomies that will carry LV and Gucci, right? Im so excited!! Maybe thier mens section will actually have something worthwhile. The Bloomies at White Flint is lacking, but they're up for a remodel I heard, and theyve expanded thier Fendi collection, it's bigger than Tysons, and they have racks of Marc Jacobs. One of the SA's at White Flint Bloomies has a chocolate Muse!! He was showing it to me...gorgeous...

Montgomery is kind of dead I think, thier Hechts is becoming a Macy's, I can never find anything I want there, except Ralph Lauren on sale. Thier Nordstrom is lacking, it's always a mess and always packed, thats it. Montgomery is the mall I go to when Im too lazy to go to Pentagon City or Tysons, it's a mercy shop. I also love Columbia, havent been thier in a while.

OH, I went to Annapolis Mall...it sucks. The mall is one floor, thier Nordstrom doesnt carry Seven jeans, YSL and Dior makeup, and thier idea of designer sunglasses are Coach and RayBan. Thier Lord & Taylor has nothing, not even semi-desireable Ralph Lauren. They have like the most random non-chain stores. It's a really crappy mall.

What else? I cannot go shopping anymore!! Im waiting for The Forum at the end of May *drools*

03-05-2006
fashion elite

I heard that all of the Hecht's store were going to become Macy's but keep pretty much the same stuff.

03-05-2006
front row

Intermix Georgetown no longer carries Balenciaga bags. My SA told me that they just didn't sell, so they stopped carrying them. I don't think there is anywhere that carries them right now near DC, what a shame. You can try the Bob Ellis shoes website to order them within the US, you will probably save on sales tax.

BTW, my SA at the Denim Bar told me that the owner is considering adding Chloe and Chloe bags to their Pentagon City store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomelovesjohn
I just went to the new Barney's Co-op in Georgetown, but I have to say that I think I like the selection in Friendship Heights better.

I didn't realize there was a Barney's outlet in Potomac Mills? Does anyone know how the selection compares to the one in Leesburg? Mens & womens, my boyfriend is looking for a new suit. He actually got a great Burberry one at the Leesburg outlet.

Can I just point out that its tragic how many nice shops are in the U-Street area? I was looking at some things in Muleh and on my way out I say a man rob a store of an outdoor display rug, while he was holding a garden urn!?

Oh and other then sporatically at Intermix, which really isn't my thing, is there anywhere that carries Balenciagia bags in DC? I do go to NYC every couple of months, so I guess I can wait, but I'd rather not.

03-05-2006
V.I.P.

Something else is going on in Chevy Chase...Oh they're adding a Bulgari and Van Cleef & Arpels, not to mention the Max Mara. That Max Mara is supposed to be the biggest in the world...ohk...

03-05-2006
front row

Does denim bar (or any store in the area for that matter) carry Tsubi jeans? I've been to the Barney's Co-Ops and Intermix but didn't see any. It'd also be nice to find some Superfines other than the one kind stocked in the Barney's Co-Ops. Help anyone?

Thanks!

03-05-2006
front row

Does denim bar (or any store in the area for that matter) carry Tsubi jeans? I've been to the Barney's Co-Ops and Intermix but didn't see any. It'd also be nice to find some Superfines other than the one kind stocked in the Barney's Co-Ops. Help anyone?

Thanks!

04-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
What else...hmm...the Hermes in Tysons is either closed or being renovated, because there's brown paper on the windows, but back when it was being renovated they had built orange walls with Hermes ribbon on it, to make it look like a gift. It got me nervous.
It's just being renovated, I believe?

07-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samo22
It's just being renovated, I believe?
Damn, I was just by there this afternoon (the theatres behind Hermes) and I totally blanked on checking if it was being renovated, but Fairfax Square has flag poles with the designers flags on them, so tacky, but Hermes' is still up...

Today the mannequins at the Tysons Hollister were wearing pants, thank god...it made me uncomfortable...

08-05-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Damn, I was just by there this afternoon (the theatres behind Hermes) and I totally blanked on checking if it was being renovated, but Fairfax Square has flag poles with the designers flags on them, so tacky, but Hermes' is still up...

Today the mannequins at the Tysons Hollister were wearing pants, thank god...it made me uncomfortable...
The new Victoria Secret's store in Tyson's makes me uncomfortable. It looks like a Bordello

I remember when it first opened...........it was MUCH worse, people actually complained, wrote into the post about it, and a radio station had people caling in.

08-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar
The new Victoria Secret's store in Tyson's makes me uncomfortable. It looks like a Bordello

I remember when it first opened...........it was MUCH worse, people actually complained, wrote into the post about it, and a radio station had people caling in.
The window display looked like a strip joint! I think they forgot they were selling lingerie and not lap dances for a minute....

08-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRuthie
The window display looked like a strip joint! I think they forgot they were selling lingerie and not lap dances for a minute....
I thought the whole thing was hilarious. It made the national news regarding all the NOVA soccer moms who were "repulsed" at the mannequins wearing lingerie in provocative positions in the window. It's Victoria Secret, what do they expect. People in DC need to lighten up . I read that the store's sales did very well because of it.

Hermes is just renovating.

08-05-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeppers
I thought the whole thing was hilarious. It made the national news regarding all the NOVA soccer moms who were "repulsed" at the mannequins wearing lingerie in provocative positions in the window. It's Victoria Secret, what do they expect. People in DC need to lighten up . I read that the store's sales did very well because of it.

Yeah...I agree that the hype around it was a bit much.

But that first few weeks...........it looked pretty bad. It looked more like a Fredericks of Hollywood than a Victoria Secret. It definitely had a more "stripper-esque" feel to it.

08-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeppers

I saw the window at its height of skankness (before they made them change it) and it was pretty bad for a mall full of kids.

If I had a kid, I wouldn't want them staring at that display on the way to GAP KIDS a few stores down!

It wasn't the lingerie that was bad (which I agree- what do you expect- it's VS), it was the POSES.

Here are some highlights :

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dc, shopping, washington