How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-05-2006
trendsetter

^Haha. I love the two lying down.

...Is their anywhere in Tysons to get more avant garde men's labels?

08-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeing_double
^Haha. I love the two lying down.

...Is their anywhere in Tysons to get more avant garde men's labels?
The two lying down are funny, the lingerie just makes them tired. :p

What kind of men's labels are you looking for? Have you tried the Galleria/ Tysons II?

08-05-2006
trendsetter

Im going to DC next weekend and I am looking to do a little shopping while I'm there. I'm looking for labels along the lines of Yohji, Dior, Ann D., Raf Simons...along those lines. I know asking for these in DC is a strech...but just anything among that general aesthetic.

08-05-2006
front row

hey seeing double..

the best store in dc imo is called relish, it's in cady's alley (close to gtown university... http://www.cadysalley.com/showstore.php?id=64 ...they have margiela, dries, marni, paul smith, cdg, nicole farhi, incotex, biella collezioni..

other than that, god..i wish there was a good place to find ann dem stuff..

uh...for yohji et al..go to mic mac bis up in the chevy chase area (off the friendship heights metro). they have yohji, tufi duek, tons of issey..and i even saw an a-v hash piece when i went in there..but it was totally like the worst, most boring piece ever. that store has some good brands..but i hate their selection..maybe you'll have better luck?

as for dior, i think it may have opened in the friendship heights area .. that part of wisconsin avenue is being called our "rodeo drive"..so yeah i would check that out..

other than that have fun! im so jealous you live in nyc!!

08-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRuthie
I saw the window at its height of skankness (before they made them change it) and it was pretty bad for a mall full of kids.

If I had a kid, I wouldn't want them staring at that display on the way to GAP KIDS a few stores down!

It wasn't the lingerie that was bad (which I agree- what do you expect- it's VS), it was the POSES.

Here are some highlights :
OMG, that was thier setup during holiday, my sisters goddaughter got in bed with those two girls, they modified it though, there were sheets.

Its not better, now they have a mannequin who's *** is facing us and is wearing a thong...I can imagine the soccermoms "PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN"

Ive noticed, Ruehl for the most part is always empty, I wonder how they're doing. Also they're opening up an Abercrombie (for kids) next to Ruehl. So they have Hollister, Abercrombie, Abercrombie & Fitch and Ruehl...all on the same level within 100 feet of each other (actually theyre paired with each other)

09-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by elschic111
hey seeing double..

the best store in dc imo is called relish, it's in cady's alley (close to gtown university... http://www.cadysalley.com/showstore.php?id=64 ...they have margiela, dries, marni, paul smith, cdg, nicole farhi, incotex, biella collezioni..

other than that, god..i wish there was a good place to find ann dem stuff..

uh...for yohji et al..go to mic mac bis up in the chevy chase area (off the friendship heights metro). they have yohji, tufi duek, tons of issey..and i even saw an a-v hash piece when i went in there..but it was totally like the worst, most boring piece ever. that store has some good brands..but i hate their selection..maybe you'll have better luck?

as for dior, i think it may have opened in the friendship heights area .. that part of wisconsin avenue is being called our "rodeo drive"..so yeah i would check that out..

other than that have fun! im so jealous you live in nyc!!
I think there is a Relish in Chevy Chase too, on Wisconsin, near the banana republic and starbucks (it is on the street level of a high rise where my doctor is), across from the new Barneys Co-Op and other stores. That way you could go to all one place.

I am jealous too you are in NYC, the shopping is to die for there!!!!!

09-05-2006
fashion elite

Yeah the shopping here is getting better finally. But no where as near as good as NYC of course.

And NOW I'm moving to an area with even poorer shopping (Orlando)

09-05-2006
trendsetter

Yeah...living in NYC is crazy great for shopping. I am staying with family in McClean for a week though...and I don't think I can handle it without a little splurging:p

And thanks everyone for the help

11-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeppers
I think there is a Relish in Chevy Chase too, on Wisconsin, near the banana republic and starbucks (it is on the street level of a high rise where my doctor is), across from the new Barneys Co-Op and other stores. That way you could go to all one place.

I am jealous too you are in NYC, the shopping is to die for there!!!!!
FYI - I have learned that Relish in Chevy Chase closed, so the only one is in Georgetown in Cadys Alley and I heard it is tres fab.

12-05-2006
Be a good one

There is a boutique in the Kentlands in Gaithersburg called Clover. It sells several lines of jeans (Seven for All Mankind, True Religion, Joe's, Citizen's, James Jeans, AG, Rock and Republic, and Hudson) plus Susana Monaco, Splendid, C&C, Juicy, James Perse, Velvet, Joie, Ella Moss, Vince and a lot more! Their website is www.shopclover.com

V.I.P.

Oooo! I just got my invitation to Ralph Lauren's Private Sale at thier Chevy Chase store, a preview of the Summer collection plus 15% off, I can't buy anything though, I just can't buy anything! Ok, I do want this oversized clutch they have, well it's really a portfolio, but in the advert he's holding it like a clutch...

I looove these events at Ralph Lauren, they're so classy. I went to thier Spring kids preview and 15% off, I took my two of my cousins (people thought they were mine! UGH!), anyways, they read us a little fairytale, presented the collection, served us PB&J sammiches shaped like polo players and ginger ale was served in champagne flutes (plastic for the kiddies though), it was just fun and really cute. I love these events, it give you an excuse to dress up for no reason.

Ralph Lauren is like my crack, I can always find something to buy there...

16-05-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Oooo! I just got my invitation to Ralph Lauren's Private Sale at thier Chevy Chase store, a preview of the Summer collection plus 15% off, I can't buy anything though, I just can't buy anything! Ok, I do want this oversized clutch they have, well it's really a portfolio, but in the advert he's holding it like a clutch...

I looove these events at Ralph Lauren, they're so classy. I went to thier Spring kids preview and 15% off, I took my two of my cousins (people thought they were mine! UGH!), anyways, they read us a little fairytale, presented the collection, served us PB&J sammiches shaped like polo players and ginger ale was served in champagne flutes (plastic for the kiddies though), it was just fun and really cute. I love these events, it give you an excuse to dress up for no reason.

Ralph Lauren is like my crack, I can always find something to buy there...
You can post pics of the portfolio/clutch?? Or is it on the site??? I'd be curious to see it.......with my bag addiction and all.

16-05-2006
scenester

Try Urban Chic and Pink November in Georgetown. Pink Novemeber carries Anna Sui, Derek Lam, and other cool designers i have never even heard of.. You can find some unique peices.
Urban Chic carries the same line of current contemporary designers such as:
Diane Von Fustenburg
Nannete L.
Tracey R.
Rebecca Taylor
ETC

16-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar
You can post pics of the portfolio/clutch?? Or is it on the site??? I'd be curious to see it.......with my bag addiction and all.
Ta-da! Im starting to fall out of love with him...Oh well, another oversized clutch/portfolio will come along...I saw this guy at Montgomery Mall and he was carrying a RED Epi Vuitton portfolio, the same shape (with the Vuitton S-lock)...I didnt see it on thier site...I loved it...

Ok, I think I might just might get this polo and shorts that I was looking at on thier site...

I looove these shorts, they're soo...male pinup...

Oooh! This belt too, is it too dressy?...OMG ^ he needs to shave his legs...

Polo.com

Last edited by Diorling; 16-05-2006 at 08:03 PM.
17-05-2006
fashion elite

I love those white shorts....so now. So similar to what alot of designers are showing.

I just dont have the legs to pull them off.

I like the portfolio..............but I have to have straps and handles on my bags....otherwise I'd probably keep dropping/losing them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dc, shopping, washington