How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-05-2006
windowshopping

Just got back from DC myself. Loved the store called Intermix. I think that's it. It was fabulous! A must stop if you are in Georgetown!

19-05-2006
fashion elite

Okay second chance......the forum crashed the first time I tried to post this.

I went to Filene's Basement on my lunch break today. The one at Farragut North on Connecticut.

In the men's section upstairs (2nd floor) they have a bunch of stuff in from Barney's including Prada, Miu Miu, Co Op, Kors etc.

I found some cute white nylon like shorts from Prada. Sadly none of the stuff I wanted was in my size.

Good luck to who ever gets there for stuff. I thought I'd let you all know.

21-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar
Okay second chance......the forum crashed the first time I tried to post this.

I went to Filene's Basement on my lunch break today. The one at Farragut North on Connecticut.

In the men's section upstairs (2nd floor) they have a bunch of stuff in from Barney's including Prada, Miu Miu, Co Op, Kors etc.

I found some cute white nylon like shorts from Prada. Sadly none of the stuff I wanted was in my size.

Good luck to who ever gets there for stuff. I thought I'd let you all know.
The one in Rockville has it too, I saw this stunning white double breasted Miu Miu blazer with lucite buttons, I got it on, but only because it was a spandex blend. I know, I was like...whats this nice section? They also had this STUNNING Prada tuxedo, it was amazing.

21-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
The one in Rockville has it too, I saw this stunning white double breasted Miu Miu blazer with lucite buttons, I got it on, but only because it was a spandex blend. I know, I was like...whats this nice section? They also had this STUNNING Prada tuxedo, it was amazing.
Wow, I wish Filenes had a better selection for women because the ones at metro center and on Connecticut never seem to have anything great for women.

21-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeppers
Wow, I wish Filenes had a better selection for women because the ones at metro center and on Connecticut never seem to have anything great for women.
The one in Rockville used to have a womens section called "the vault" which carried Gucci, Missioni, Versace, Barneys, Bergdorf, Miu Miu, Prada, MJ, Furstenburg, Moschino, Chloe...they dont have it anymore, unless they moved it

21-05-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
The one in Rockville used to have a womens section called "the vault" which carried Gucci, Missioni, Versace, Barneys, Bergdorf, Miu Miu, Prada, MJ, Furstenburg, Moschino, Chloe...they dont have it anymore, unless they moved it
I will have to check out the Rockville one.

And I didn't know there was one at Metro Center I have to return something at Hechts at MC tomorrow. Might as well pop into FB as well.

22-05-2006
front row

Quote:
I will have to check out the Rockville one.

And I didn't know there was one at Metro Center I have to return something at Hechts at MC tomorrow. Might as well pop into FB as well.
I am pretty sure the one at Metro Center is still there (with an entrance near 14th street), it is not very big though. If anyone sees anything good at any Filenes with regards to womens clothes, please post here. I used to go all the time but always got so disappointed I pretty much gave up and just go when I need hose or socks.

22-05-2006
backstage pass

The one at Metro Center is pretty lame. I never find anything there. They do get some of the designer clothes in when they get them at the one on 14th street, but they never seem to have the good stuff. Also for men's its tiny.

22-05-2006
front row

What about the one in Chevy Chase? I would think that they would carry some of the better stock.

I am personally on the look out for things in teensy sizes...because I can never find anything at Saks or Neimans up there.

Any info would be much appreciated!

22-05-2006
V.I.P.

Tomorrow Im going to the Gucci Trunk Show at Saks in Chevy Chase, it's my first, Im excited! What am I gonna wear!? I don't really care for Gucci but I was invited so Ill go...

Also, speaking of Gucci, did anyone hear that the Gucci store in Chevy Chase got robbed? They stole $300,000 worth of merchandise...OMG, that's why we can't have anything nice!!

23-05-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Tomorrow Im going to the Gucci Trunk Show at Saks in Chevy Chase, it's my first, Im excited! What am I gonna wear!? I don't really care for Gucci but I was invited so Ill go...

Also, speaking of Gucci, did anyone hear that the Gucci store in Chevy Chase got robbed? They stole $300,000 worth of merchandise...OMG, that's why we can't have anything nice!!
But you'll see it on the streets or Ebay soon.

23-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:

OMG! And they're sale is soon and I'm on the list! Now I might have to go out to Tyson's what a pain! Hmmm maybe I should check the bushes around the Gucci store in case they left anything.

23-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by elschic111
What about the one in Chevy Chase? I would think that they would carry some of the better stock.

I am personally on the look out for things in teensy sizes...because I can never find anything at Saks or Neimans up there.

Any info would be much appreciated!
The one at Chevy Chase does have a good women's designer selection, but sometimes things seem to go quickly. You can also check out Loheman's if you're up there. Loheman's would have a great shoe selection if it wasn't always such a complete disaster.

Sometimes Chevy Chase gets designer goods that the downtown one on Conn. doesn't seem to get. I.e. I was in the Chevy Chase Filene's and they had some really cute Miu Miu shoes from last season, the crocheted ones about 4-5 pairs, if you remember them, unfortunately they didn't have my size, so I checked out the one on Conn. but they didn't have any, in fact they had hardly any high-end designer shoes. Also I picked up a cute Blvgari scarf at the Chevy Chase store which they had a few of (discounted even further) but the Conn. ave store didn't have any, they did have some Pucci bags though. So its pretty hit or miss.

As for sizes, I don't know it seems like often the teensy sizes are all that is left and with the European/Italian brands they're cut smaller (and better) than American sizing. But I'm not a teensy size, so I always get a little sad when I see something fabulous in a small size, I guess I should be saving it for you!

Have you been to Chevy Chase lately, its worth a trip to check out the new stores alone, i.e. Gucci and Ralph Lauren.

23-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
But you'll see it on the streets or Ebay soon.
Haha, its about the only way you'll see a bunch of authentic Gucci on Ebay.

23-05-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomelovesjohn
Haha, its about the only way you'll see a bunch of authentic Gucci on Ebay.
Hmm true.

If they plan on reselling it, they most likely will get caught.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dc, shopping, washington