How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-09-2006
backstage pass

Thanks to this thread I was able to make it to just about all of the stores that stocked anything I'd be interested in. I figure I should report on what they stocked just in case someone else is travelling there soon. I'll refer to Oslo/Stockholm too. I assume most visitors would be heading to one of those cities as well. This'll be limited to menswear. I didn't look at the ladies' stuff.

Copenhagen
I ended up having the most luck at Birger Christensen. They had some nice Jil Sander, Rykiel Homme, Margiela (10 + 14 I think) and Prada pieces. No men's McQueen or Miu Miu. I never found anything from either line. The SA's were helpful and perceptive. One guy directed me to Jil Sander before I asked where to find it. Strangely, the smallest Jil dress shirts were 39. The stretchier ones almost fit me, but if I'm paying full price I'm not going to get something one size too big. They did have smalls and mediums for the tees and such. I think they had Dolce, Galliano and DSquared2, but I didn't look closely. I saw some Paul Smith socks too. I'm not sure if they had his full line.

As Baizilla said, 1206 was definitely worth a stop. His description of their stock was accurate. They also had Acne and Rykiel. It's where I found my Kris Van Assche shirt. Out of town visitors should note that they only accept Danish credit cards. There are ATM/Bancomats close by, so it's not a major issue, but it's worth noting.

Storm seemed nice, but it was the last of the shops I visited, so I didn't end up getting anything. They had Dior Homme, Burberry Prorsum, Dries and a few other things that are slipping my mind.

I never went to Burberry, so I don't know if they stock Prorsum in the boutique.

Oslo
I didn't have much luck here. The only interesting store I found was Kamikaze. It was pretty much your typical luxury brands- Dior, YSL, Prada, Gucci, Dolce and Gabanna. Apparently they never put anything on sale. The man tried to sell me some S/S DH stuff at full price. It was disappointing. With a name like Kamikaze I was expecting something Japanese!

Stockholm
From what I could gather, Stockholm only had two shops that stocked interesting menswear. NH things in a couple of different areas. What I guess was supposed to be the edgier, more youthful area had Marc by Marc (and maybe the full line), V&R, Y3 and Acne. I was really only interested in Rolf and the selection wasn't too great. There was another area with Jil Sander and some other more classic lines. When I was there they had ties, tees, a pullover (which I bought) and a suit, but the SA mentioned that was just the preview. They were supposed to get a bunch more about a week ago: white shirts, more suits, coats.

I can't remember the name of the other shop, but it was around the corner from the Gucci boutique. It was a woman's name. They had YSL, Prada, Burberry, Botega shoes and some Lucien Pillat-Finet sweaters. They didn't seem as friendly. I gave them my standard "Do you stock....?" and "Does anyone else in town?" and the SA basically said there wasn't another shop in town that was close to their level. This is a far cry from the guys in BC and 1206 in Copenhagen. They were glad to tell me where else to browse.

Hopefully this'll help some future travellers.

05-09-2006
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by visconti
Copenhagen
I ended up having the most luck at Birger Christensen. They had some nice Jil Sander, Rykiel Homme, Margiela (10 + 14 I think) and Prada pieces. No men's McQueen or Miu Miu. I never found anything from either line. The SA's were helpful and perceptive. One guy directed me to Jil Sander before I asked where to find it. Strangely, the smallest Jil dress shirts were 39. The stretchier ones almost fit me, but if I'm paying full price I'm not going to get something one size too big. They did have smalls and mediums for the tees and such. I think they had Dolce, Galliano and DSquared2, but I didn't look closely. I saw some Paul Smith socks too. I'm not sure if they had his full line.
They carry more than just Paul Smith socks..
They also carry Etro, Miu Miu, Dirk Bikkembergs, Valentino R.E.D., Paul & Joe and Yves Saint Laurent

Quote:
Storm seemed nice, but it was the last of the shops I visited, so I didn't end up getting anything. They had Dior Homme, Burberry Prorsum, Dries and a few other things that are slipping my mind.
Y-3, Acne Action Jeans, Les Hommes, Nike, Vans and CdG perfumes..

Quote:
I never went to Burberry, so I don't know if they stock Prorsum in the boutique.
The Burberry store in Illums carry Prorsum but only for women

Quote:
Stockholm
I can't remember the name of the other shop, but it was around the corner from the Gucci boutique. It was a woman's name. They had YSL, Prada, Burberry, Botega shoes and some Lucien Pillat-Finet sweaters. They didn't seem as friendly. I gave them my standard "Do you stock....?" and "Does anyone else in town?" and the SA basically said there wasn't another shop in town that was close to their level. This is a far cry from the guys in BC and 1206 in Copenhagen. They were glad to tell me where else to browse.
Maybe your thinking of the store Nathalie Schuterman ?

pinterest : hanneonpin
05-09-2006
backstage pass

^ Yes! It was Nathalie Schuterman. Thanks!

rising star

I know it's too late, but if you're interested in Margiela accessory, you really ought to visit Il on Gråbrødretorv. It's a tiny store, but it has a lot of really cool accessory, including Margiela. Actually, it is one of my favourite shops in Copenhagen. Also, the service is excellent!

06-09-2006
Storm & Sommer

Il
Gråbrødretorv 4 kld (basement)
33 91 10 00

Link to map

06-09-2006
rising star

Exactly, not sure you know it, as it's a mens only. But every man (with a sense of fashion, obviously) would love getting presents from that store, I know I would!

06-09-2006
elementary.

o! there was a lovely program a few wks ago on bbc . . .
tales from copenhagen . . it's part of the series . . 'tales from europe'
they've visited vienna, paris, madrid, berlin . . .
they showed a fabulous museum . . it was a museum of design?
looked lovely!

Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

DDC maybe Chanel ? http://www.ddc.dk/

06-09-2006
follow the lights

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time in Copenhagen, visconti!

Birger Christensen's MMM stock is kinda boring.

Last edited by Baizilla; 06-09-2006 at 10:39 PM.
06-09-2006
V.I.P.

just wondering..is paristexas still closed?

and, do our fellow TFSers [aside from Mette] ever shop at WoodWood..is it as good as it seems?

Last edited by MulletProof; 06-09-2006 at 10:12 PM.
06-09-2006
follow the lights

Yeah ParisTexas closed a while ago.. they had a huge sale with 70% off..

I shop at WoodWood.. mostly to get CdG perfumes... which I can get elsewhere, but it is always fun to stop by because of the atmosphere.

They have Vibskov.. and they used to stock Peter Jensen.

In general, they are very much focused on streetwear / street culture, which is basically the reason why I don't shop there anymore.

07-09-2006
rising star

It's true that they're fond of the streetwear, but they still have some cool stuff. I have a Vibskov jacket and a WoodWood hoodie from there. And they used to sell Adicolor Colette shoes there as well, they're awesome!

Btw. where can you buy Annhagen stuff in Copenhagen?

07-09-2006
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Njalle you should do a search on this thread :p
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...en#post2087946

07-09-2006
rising star

Ah, sorry, I've still got a lot to learn. Thanks for the help! Here is a flower as a token of my appreciation

13-09-2006
windowshopping

which would you say is better for shopping, helsinki or copenhagen? i was looking on the helsinki thread and there seems like a lot of nice cheap shops there but copenhagen sounds good too and i cant decide!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
copenhagen