How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2006
Storm & Sommer

Well.. Having never been to Helsinki I can't really compare..

But there are some that say Copenhagen is the best in Scandinavia...

from visitcopenhagen.dk
Quote:
Press Information

Mr Wallpaper, Tyler Brűlé, chooses Copenhagen:

Copenhagen proclaimed as a "City of dreams" in the Financial Times

The style whizz-kid, journalist and founder of Wallpaper, Tyler Brűlé, has accorded Copenhagen his recognition in the Financial Times. In the article "The 10 top contenders for the title 'City of dreams'" he lists the cities which "offer their citizens and visitors the best quality of life". Tyler Brűlé's list comprises cities such as Montreal, Zurich, Palma de Mallorca, Munich, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Barcelona and Tokyo.

The fact that Copenhagen is on the list, is because it is precisely the right size. Combined with this, Brűlé considers that the Danish capital has a winning combination of "attractive locals", a "near-perfect" airport, a new metro system, as well as an extensive network of cycle paths. Brűlé also stresses Copenhagen?s new waterfront, the good shops and Danish modernism as proving decisive in the city being placed at the top of the list as a "city of dreams".

When asked about the recognition given to Copenhagen, Peter Hansen, the Development Director of Wonderful Copenhagen, said, "It is great to see Copenhagen chosen by one of the leading arbiters of taste. Although it is a subjective list it does confirm what our own surveys show: Copenhagen has a special quality which is connected with both its smallness and its greatness. Copenhagen is easy to get around, it is "cosy" and at the same time it has impressive world-class architecture, design etc. Such a combination resounds out in the world".

It is not the first time that Tyler Brűlé singles out the Danish capital among the cities of the world. In 2001 he was the editor of Wallpaper's 82-page special supplement "Danish Survey" about Danish design, architecture and famous Danes.

The article "The 10 top contenders for the title 'City of dreams'" was published in the Financial Times on 28th May 2005.

pinterest : hanneonpin

14-09-2006
windowshopping

Thankles Hanne!

22-09-2006
follow the lights

Storm is now stocking Haider Ackermann

25-09-2006
front row

Copenhagen Sample/stock Sales
Okay Copenhageners

Some sample Stock sales, if you don't know already:

Tomorrow, TUESDAY 26th September

Filippa K kollektionssalg
Ny Řstergade 13, i kćlderen
1101 Khb. K
Tirsdag d. 26. september
8.00 - 18.00

Wednesday 27th September
Turnover Scandinavia
Overgaden Oven Vandet 10, st
Copenhagen Christianshavn
8 - 20

And in October 3 & 4th

Baum & Pferdgarten
16 - 19
Store Kannikestraede 19
1169 Copenhagen K

28-09-2006
windowshopping

I've only been in Copenhagen for a month (I'm an exchange student at CBS) but I've found some great stores using the Superfuture directory. My favorites were IL-- a very small men's boutique with select apparel and lots of nice accessories like leather messengers, scarves, jewelry, as well as hard to find hair and face product-- and Storm, which has already been mentioned.

Another shop that isn't on the list which has lots of designers, everything from shoes to bags to outerwear, and a great atmosphere is Pede & Stoffer (Klosterstraede 15-19, 1157 Copenhagen K, +45 3333 8830). Beware it gets super crowded at peak hours though.

Last edited by keys; 28-09-2006 at 09:28 AM.
28-09-2006
windowshopping

Does anyone know of a good men's shoe store in Copenhagen that might carry a pair of distressed leather lace-up boots? I saw this picture in the New York Times and I fell in love

"1. Neil Barrett leather lace-up cap-toe boot with zipper insole, $705 a pair. At Jeffrey, 449 West 14th Street. 2. J.Lindeberg leather lace-up boot, $350. At J.Lindeberg, 126 Spring Street. 3. Nicole Farhi distressed-leather lace-up cap-toe boot, $360. At Nicole Farhi stores. 4. Paul Smith wingtip boot, about $540. At Paul Smith, 108 Fifth Avenue and Los Angeles." - New York Times on the Web 9/17/2006

I absolutely love the vintage leather boot look (not to be confused with the cowboy boot ). The Nicole Farhi boots are exactly the type I'm looking for. If I can't find any in Copenhagen, I'll either have to wait until Dec when I visit London, or when I get back home to the states in Jan.

28-09-2006
follow the lights

Hey keys, what do you study at CBS? I'm a CBS student as well..

The store you are looking for is definitely, Bruno & Joel, located at Pilestrćde 41 (Just down the street from where ParisTexas used to be located). They stock designers like Premiata and n.d.c.

In terms of lace up boots, I remember they had these from n.d.c (ndcmadebyhand.com) called 'Rhino' - the price range is about 3000 DKK.

men.lougue.com

Last edited by Baizilla; 28-09-2006 at 01:51 PM.
28-09-2006
Storm & Sommer

LOVE those shoes you posted Bai !

Henrik Vibskov is opening a new store in Copenhagen in October, it's going to be located in Krystalgade 6.

pinterest : hanneonpin

Last edited by Hanne; 28-09-2006 at 04:21 PM.
28-09-2006
rising star

Really? Great. It would be awesome if you told us the exact date for the opening when you know. I, for one, am going there as fast as possible and spend my entire fortune on god smackingly glorious clothes.

28-09-2006
follow the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
LOVE those shoes you posted Bai !

Henrik Vibskov is opening a new store in Copenhagen in October, it's going to be located in Krystalgade 6.
they are so beautifully made.. too bad they don't go well with my style, or else I would have gotten them in a heartbeat.

Great news, Hanne.

I'm mostly excited about how the interior of the store will be... I'm not really anticipating minimalism, but rather something fun and 'twisted'.

Thanks for sharing

Last edited by Baizilla; 28-09-2006 at 05:56 PM.
29-09-2006
follow the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njalle
Really? Great. It would be awesome if you told us the exact date for the opening when you know. I, for one, am going there as fast as possible and spend my entire fortune on god smackingly glorious clothes.
It opens on October 13th

29-09-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizilla
Hey keys, what do you study at CBS? I'm a CBS student as well..

The store you are looking for is definitely, Bruno & Joel, located at Pilestrćde 41 (Just down the street from where ParisTexas used to be located). They stock designers like Premiata and n.d.c.

In terms of lace up boots, I remember they had these from n.d.c (ndcmadebyhand.com) called 'Rhino' - the price range is about 3000 DKK.

men.lougue.com
I checked out Bruno & Joel today and I saw that boot in both black and dark brown along with another style called "Rino" that's also on the n.d.c. website

www.ndcmadebyhand.com

This also comes in brown, but they didn't have it my size.

source: http://www.rakuten.co.jp

Last edited by keys; 29-09-2006 at 01:13 PM.
08-10-2006
follow the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCD
btw, thats goin to be designerforum in 3 weeks in Kbh.
are you shoppping Bai?
Whether I am going to be at the designerforum thing in Copenhagen?

No, definitely not.

Last edited by Baizilla; 08-10-2006 at 01:16 PM.
08-10-2006
backstage pass

A friend of mien told me that they sell load of M.Jacobs / Gucci stuffs so I think I may go to copenhagen for that.

you think iit is just rubbish there? so i just wisit my friends only.-P

08-10-2006
follow the lights

Yeah they do... It's definitely worth visiting if you are interested in those designers... you will be able to save a lot of money.

As for me, I have never been there before... mainly because I don't wear any of the designers that are stocked in Copenhagen... and also because I've heard it gets way too crowded. I like shopping in peace :p

Last edited by Baizilla; 08-10-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
copenhagen