How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-11-2006
rising star

York
I did not find any threads about shopping in York, but if there is one that was hiding for me, delete this

I am just wondering how the shopping is in York? Is it hard to get around and find shops? How is the topshop-store in York?

25-12-2006
rock-chic

The city centre is quite small & easy to get round. Coney Street is where the chain-stores are - Top Shop (not that big, but OK stocked), River Island, Warehouse, H&M etc. There are also a lot of individual shops, a lot are on Low Petergate - Selkie, Bleu Marine, Chique (new but nice) & Sarah Coggles (a York legend). There are some good shoe shops - Moda in Pelle is one that I like. Fenwicks department store is in the Coppergate centre & Browns (more traditional department store) on Parliament Street. If the city centre is not enough, there is a bus to the Macarthur Glen outlet. Feel free to get back to me if you want to ask about specific types of shops & I will do my best to help

05-01-2007
rising star

Thank you for answering Sorry, I haven't seen you'r answer before now. I know that I have to visit Topshop and H&M. We don't have topshop in Norway. My style is sort of topshop-ish, layering, drainpipes, jackets with short arms and so on, any stores I should visit?

14-01-2007
rock-chic

It is probably worth looking in any of the shops - I like New Look which is very reasonable. Etam, Pilot, Miss Selfridge & Warehouse all have a lot of layer-y clothes too. If you stay in the York area, it is worth a trip to Harrogate as they have a big TK Maxx, New Look and MK One which have the sort of things you suggested, as well as a lot of smaller, interesting designer shops.

15-01-2007
rising star

Okey, thanks =)

15-01-2007
scenester

There is a Mulberry factory outlet in York. Expect at least 30% off most bags and up to 50% off the less popular colours and styles. They have some great deals at sale times. On the first day of the winter sale, they had 70% off some styles - a brown and orange Ayler woven bucket bag at 178 down from 795 and a pink woven Elgin at under 200.

Mulberry
23-25 Swinegate
City Centre
York YO1

Telephone
+44 (0) 1904 611055

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
york