How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot / Games at the Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2005
V.I.P.

Hey, how about the Canadians, they don't matter now, huh, lol.

Daria
Stammy
Heather
Lisa
Yasmin...

07-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend
South America isnt a continent? ^
No it isn't. America is the continent, and South America is just a part of it. It is common for North Americans to usually consider S. America as a separate continent but this is inaccurate.

07-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova
No it isn't. America is the continent, and South America is just a part of it. It is common for North Americans to usually consider S. America as a separate continent but this is inaccurate.
Really? I thought they were seperate continents.. hmm

Last edited by agathe; 07-03-2005 at 08:59 PM.

07-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

^It is a political terminology, it has nothing to do with geography. Unfortunately, it has become the ruling term.

07-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

We are all one.

07-03-2005
front row

^Are you sure? Because I was taught in high school that the Panama Canal seperates the two landforms.

07-03-2005
V.I.P.

Oh that's so sad. I taught my students a song about the continents that goes like this,
North America, South America, Africa, Eurpope and Asia. Don't forget Antartica, don't forget Australia. .......Now what am I going to tell them???

Sorry about the off topic but this is serious.

Last edited by model_mom; 07-03-2005 at 09:10 PM.

07-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

It is just a geographical terminology - but politically and economically there are indeed three different continents. I think it's a bit sad, because for centuries we have been just America.

07-03-2005
front row

that comment by Eugenia rubbed me the wrong way but I do have to admit I am partial to the East European look.

07-03-2005
tfs star

The comment was "We have beautiful skin, beautiful faces. And the Brazilians are finished!"

She never says better.

07-03-2005
trendsetter

beauty is all over the WORLD!

07-03-2005
backstage pass

I have a thing for the Eastern Europeans.

07-03-2005
front row

esmereldagrubb ditto.

07-03-2005
V.I.P.

I agree beauty is all over the world..I also think Australia isn't doing to bad on the model side

07-03-2005
tfs star

peretz makes an argument & supports it well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova
South America is not a continent. Unless you're talking about the continental dimensions of Brazil.

The brazilian models might not be the new sensation as the russians are but lots of them have a solid career and they're still everywhere in the NY-Milan-Paris route - Jeisa, Raquel, Marcelle, Caroline Trentini, Isabeli, Caroline Ribeiro (doing her comeback), Leticia, Michelle... and let's not forget Gisele is the only supermodel of this century and there are some new faces coming from Brazil like Cintia Dicker, Caroline Francischini, Laryssa Castro, Jessica Pauletto, Barbara Fialho, Lucy Horn and so on.
In my private high school [and university] we were taught that south america IS a continent!

if its accepted that the brazil trend ruled circa 2000 then its only fair to say that russia & east euros rule now. the vanity fair piece makes that claim as its topic theme.
I have to agree with it for the moment. euguenia is quoted as saying 'the brasilians are finished' as the topic sentence in peretz' article. again I agree with the theme & I think euguenia spoke the truth, if perhaps ego-centrically, self-servingly & superficially, but thats what model quotes are for.
as I think I pointed out in my synopsis. the article is a case/argument made by peretz, demarchelier & VF & I think they nailed it.

if you call gisele THE only supermodel on the century
I have to disagree & say that natalia is nearly equal & in fact currently has superceded gisele.
but I dont think in terms of 'one' "supermodel" I think in terms of the 'top girls' like elise, gemma julia marija, karen, valentina & others, any one of whom may 1 day equal both gis & nati-
and thats another point in peretz' article- as I said its a very sound piece of reporting & model argument.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brazilians, eastern, europeans or russiansyour, vote