How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot / Games at the Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2005
backstage pass

if i were to chose between the Brazilians and Eastern European models, the European girls win hands down but i agree with others beauty can be and IS found the world over

08-03-2005
front row

It's actually quite funny when you think about it. Eugenia hardly says anything (publicly anyway) over the last five years and now this.
I really do love both types of models because they both have they're own great attributes. I'd like to say Brazil wins though because there's more of a variety of ethnicities and looks there.

I say, bring on the Bi-Racial trend!

08-03-2005
tfs star

Eugenia's Quote was like synonymous to Linda's 80's quote.

08-03-2005
V.I.P.

^^^ which was? lol

08-03-2005
fashion elite

I dont get it, why must we compare them? They are both totally hot!

08-03-2005
tfs star

Seemed you guys favor the Flavor of the moment. SLAVS

08-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
It's actually quite funny when you think about it. Eugenia hardly says anything (publicly anyway) over the last five years and now this.
Totally agree, but I'm sure it was just going with the theme of the article, not to hit out at all her Brazillian model friends. I also think Natalia has hit supermodeldom, and Karolina but thats very subjective. I tend to like lots of the Russian models, but I also favour Liliane who's Brazillian.

08-03-2005
tom
front row

Don't get the point...

Brazil is very big, and most model are sons of emigrated people. You get Zimmerman or Dicker, that are sure of german ascent and then Isabeli and Liliane that have italian orignis. So i really think it's quite useless to speak of brazilian model, if you refer to the look - it's like if you pretend that exist an australian look - most of the immigartion is so recent, that there ar eyet no common ethnic features.

As for the eastern models, grouping them togheter is as useful as talking about western models - there are very different looks, depending from where they came from (not to talk about the fact that people coming from the same nation can look very different - eg: Mariacarla, from Rome, and Eva Riccobono, a typical sicilian blonde - yes there are many blondes in sicily! ).
Take a look at carmen (estonia, former urss, but NOT russian-looking in any way) and compare her with eugenia. Or compare the d&g girl shchekina to the czechs, like hana or karolina. Honestly, grouping togheter the eastern europeans+russians, is an exercize in no-sense.

08-03-2005
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

couldnt choose coz apart from africa those two are my fave places for models they always produce STARS

08-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova
No it isn't. America is the continent, and South America is just a part of it. It is common for North Americans to usually consider S. America as a separate continent but this is inaccurate.
educate D students, my friend!!

and my vote might be biased but it goes straight to brazilians .

08-03-2005
tfs star

LOL, why don't we just judged them based on the country they represented, not on their origins. For Example, we accepted already here that Daria is canadian, when her blood is russian. Get it? So Isabelli, Zimmerman and dickers are considered Brazilians, They represent that country.

08-03-2005
scenester

Eastern Europeans, but only because it includes my Hana, Eugenia, and Karolina.

And I personally think Karolina is a supermodel, but not Natalia, well yet anyways. I think a lot more people recognize and know KK than they do Natalia. Only think KK really needs is a huge cosmetics contract (I don't think she has one yet does she?). And continuing the supermodel talk, I think Hana could be a potential contender.

08-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
educate D students, my friend!!

and my vote might be biased but it goes straight to brazilians .
Aww..

08-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roppal222
well said

But,
I think in terms of the fashion industry and what is the 'in' thing right now - Eastern Europeans models are it. But it's all subjective. I think it's scandalous to suggest one season a nationality is in and the next it's out! It's thinly veiled prejudice
I agree 100%.

And about the brazilian models having european names, PEOPLE!!!! Brazil is a mixed country, we have people from all over the world here. I alone have italian, portuguese, dutch, syrian and indigenous roots - not to mention some of my italian ancestors were jewish.

08-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova
I agree 100%.

And about the brazilian models having european names, PEOPLE!!!! Brazil is a mixed country, we have people from all over the world here. I alone have italian, portuguese, dutch, syrian and indigenous roots - not to mention some of my italian ancestors were jewish.
and some of the portuguese ones too.

Last edited by Nemova; 08-03-2005 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brazilians, eastern, europeans or russiansyour, vote