How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot / Games at the Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2005
tfs star

"And I personally think Karolina is a supermodel, but not Natalia, well yet anyways. I think a lot more people recognize and know KK than they do Natalia. Only think KK really needs is a huge cosmetics contract (I don't think she has one yet does she?). And continuing the supermodel talk, I think Hana could be a potential contender."

3 Hours Ago 02:54 PM

Who are these people? LOL. Natalia is a bigger star than KK. Vanity Fair Magazine recognized it. Natalia has solid Big bucks exlusive campaigns from Calvin Klein and Loreal. That's a big deal in the business. Loreal and CK are Global so Nat's exposure is wider. KK is probably more known here in the states. Natalia doesn't have to walk the runways, she doesn't have to. She just collects money. Oftentimes Your contracts limits you, but Natalia is pretty much set.

Look at Louise Pedersen, she might have less runways but she got solid campaingns although not as huge as Natalia.

When all said and done, Natalia is indeed no.1!!!

08-03-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabri
Raquel and Cintia Dicker parents are from Germany
They are from a state where has lots of german immigrants, but probably their great grandparents were germans, not their parents

(actually i post something just now about that in Raquel's thread )

08-03-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyLee
"And I personally think Karolina is a supermodel, but not Natalia, well yet anyways. I think a lot more people recognize and know KK than they do Natalia. Only think KK really needs is a huge cosmetics contract (I don't think she has one yet does she?). And continuing the supermodel talk, I think Hana could be a potential contender."

3 Hours Ago 02:54 PM

Who are these people? LOL. Natalia is a bigger star than KK. Vanity Fair Magazine recognized it. Natalia has solid Big bucks exlusive campaigns from Calvin Klein and Loreal. That's a big deal in the business. Loreal and CK are Global so Nat's exposure is wider. KK is probably more known here in the states. Natalia doesn't have to walk the runways, she doesn't have to. She just collects money. Oftentimes Your contracts limits you, but Natalia is pretty much set.

Look at Louise Pedersen, she might have less runways but she got solid campaingns although not as huge as Natalia.

When all said and done, Natalia is indeed no.1!!!

I like Natalia much better than KK, no DOUBT about it. But i think KK its more famous, isnt she?

08-03-2005
windowshopping

i pick the russians

08-03-2005
tfs star

natalia has been called 'the #1 girl'
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionyork
I like Natalia much better than KK, no DOUBT about it. But i think KK its more famous, isnt she?
while KK & natalia are both 'proteges' of anna wintour, natalia's succeess the last 2-3 years far surpasses any level KK was ever at.
just because we've been seeing KK a long time she's in our minds but for the last 2+ years natalia has been called 'the #1 model" by both us vogue & vanity faor;
not tom mention her CK & loreal campaigns [exclucsives] are 2 of the most lucrative & prestigious campiagns;
AND her editorial work [W, italian vogue, elsewhere] is MUCH more impressive than anything KK has done for a while.

really KK was just an anna wintour favourite who was then chosen by kors & TH & a few other labels & seen in a few important US vogue edits. KK never reached anywhere near the level natalia has been at for 2+ years & natalia is doing great agaion lately while KK [like carmen] is winding down in her work & will soon be like amber or naomi, a model you see in special events but not reguiarly.
not that KK ever reached amber or omi's level either

08-03-2005
V.I.P.

i'm a fan of the europeans. except i too love cintia

08-03-2005
scenester

I prefer the brazilians by far. I think the european kind of look to "generic".

09-03-2005
tfs star

I researched about the 5 or 7 continents ( yes it bothers me ) cos I can't believe that all German teachers taught the students completely wrong , I also asked my parents . They told me that they were taught in school with 5 continents and I researched in my books and online. So there so no real number of continents, it depends from which aspect your looking ( geographic, cultural etc ) it can be count from 5 to 7 continents. So both versions seems to be right.

09-03-2005
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady grey
while KK & natalia are both 'proteges' of anna wintour, natalia's succeess the last 2-3 years far surpasses any level KK was ever at.
just because we've been seeing KK a long time she's in our minds but for the last 2+ years natalia has been called 'the #1 model" by both us vogue & vanity faor;
not tom mention her CK & loreal campaigns [exclucsives] are 2 of the most lucrative & prestigious campiagns;
AND her editorial work [W, italian vogue, elsewhere] is MUCH more impressive than anything KK has done for a while.

really KK was just an anna wintour favourite who was then chosen by kors & TH & a few other labels & seen in a few important US vogue edits. KK never reached anywhere near the level natalia has been at for 2+ years & natalia is doing great agaion lately while KK [like carmen] is winding down in her work & will soon be like amber or naomi, a model you see in special events but not reguiarly.
not that KK ever reached amber or omi's level either
not to be offtopic but KK may have less high fashion work but on a whole is alot more famous. Being a supermodel is not about landing this contract or doing this editorial, all models do that its simply the whole thing. Someone should have that thing whereby you go on the oprah show and everyone screams, you hit the red carpet or society party pages and no one asks who you are and what you are doing there (like what happened to Natalia @ the Oscars)
IMO Natalia is better known high fashion wise but KK is better known generally. they both probably have totally different levels of success.

09-03-2005
V.I.P.

WHY does everyone keep saying Yasmin is Canadian -surely she was born and brought up in Somalia?

It is hard to choose. My favourite girls are Gisele and Eugenia (also Yasmin W and Diana D) so that doesn't help. To be honest the only other Russian girls I like are Polina and Natasha P. The new ones like Valentina are horrid. On the other hand there are dozens and dozens of the Brazilians I like

Well there we go Brazil wins. I prefer it also because it is more ethnically diverse. There are Japanese, Spaniards, Italians, Black.... in Brazil whereas Russia is only slav, mongol and Tartar -and we only really see the slav and tartar girls from there.

09-03-2005
windowshopping

The Great White North
The debates stops here, everyone knows CANADIAN models are "it"

09-03-2005
trendsetter

While my favorite model is Karolina, I have to say the Brazilians because they are all more recognizable and have nicer coloring. Compare:

Just my opinion... But my favorites are Balkan models such as Marija V., Maja Latinovic and Italians like Mariacarla and Bianca Balti.
And about South America- different sciences and different countries have different lists of what they consider continents. Some consider North and South America to be one continent and some consider Europe and Asia to be one continent. So it's wrong to say that South America is not a continent, it's merely an opinion.

09-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruchtzwerg
I researched about the 5 or 7 continents ( yes it bothers me ) cos I can't believe that all German teachers taught the students completely wrong , I also asked my parents . They told me that they were taught in school with 5 continents and I researched in my books and online. So there so no real number of continents, it depends from which aspect your looking ( geographic, cultural etc ) it can be count from 5 to 7 continents. So both versions seems to be right.
That's what I said before. Geographically speaking, there are not such things as South and North America. And since 'continent' is a geographical term, it is incorrect to say S. America is a continent - no matter how much people insist it is correct. It is indeed - politically and economically - a region of the american continent. The only division between north and south is artificial - a canal splitting the land in two.

09-03-2005
trendsetter

You're still wrong, geographically speaking they are still considered by most to be two different continents. There are 8 different models:

Seven Continents: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Oceania, Antarctica.
Seven Continents: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Australia, Antarctica.
Six Continents: Africa, Eurasia, North America, South America, Oceania, Antarctica.
Six Continents: Africa, Asia, Europe, America, Oceania, Antarctica.
Six Continents: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Oceania.
Five Continents: Africa, Eurasia, America, Oceania, Antarctica.
Five Continents: Africa, Asia, Europe, America, Oceania.
Four Continents: Eurafrasia, America, Oceania, Antarctica.

09-03-2005
rising star

I don't prefer one over the over....its like Adriana Lima & Giselle are sooo pretty - same w/ Natasha Poly - and w/ Daria Werbowy - so it's mixed

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brazilians, eastern, europeans or russiansyour, vote