How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot / Games at the Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2005
tfs star

Brazilians vs Eastern Europeans/Russians......your vote!!!
Brasilia

Gisele Bundchen
Adriana Lima
Isabeli Fontana
Alessandra Ambrossio
Anna B Barros

vs

EasternEuro/Russians

Natalia Vodianova
Eugenia Volodina
Valentina Zelaeva
Karolina Kurkova
Natasha Poly

a quote from Eugena Volodina:

" We have better skin and beautiful faces, The Brazilians are finished"

I Agreed.

07-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Oh yeah, the brazilian models are finished. Oh, sorry, I forgot, Gisele is brazilian! Silly me....

07-03-2005
silent sigh

Can't decide. They are all so amazing!

07-03-2005
tfs star

europeans of course

07-03-2005
V.I.P.

Russians! (though I do love Cintia Dicker and Caroline Trentini)

07-03-2005
tfs star

there are lots of brazillians i like: cintia, caroline, jeisa, and more
but there are also a lot of eastern european girls i like... but i think i favor the brazillians a taaaad bit more over the east. europeans

07-03-2005
trendsetter

I tend to lean more towards Eastern Europeans/Russians....but there are some exceptions

07-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyLee
Brasilia
a quote from Eugena Volodina:

" We have better skin and beautiful faces, The Brazilians are finished"

I Agreed.
she seriously said that? wow.

in general i prefer the russain models (and i don't know if daria counts coz her heritage is ukranian)

but i love cintia...and brzilians do looks different from each other, thus covering all kinds of beauty

but nevertheless, russian models it is...

07-03-2005
backstage pass

sorry.. but what do they mean by the brazilians are "finished?"

07-03-2005
tfs star

its not even close
face it the brazil trend was years ago.
the current fashion mood IS eastern europe-Russian girls with a few outstanding europeans & canadians.

if youre going to say brazilians vs russia-east europe its no contest.
russians/east europeans win now.
if you add in the europeans like julia, winberg, louise, elise its more of a rout: its actually the continent of europe vs the continent of south america.

the only brasilains I really love are raquel & jeisa, and ana claudia when she used to work. so toss in gisele when she works & maybe trentini & cintia & its still a rout- to be fair its just not the brazilians moment- they cant compete vs euguenia, hana, marija, carmen, natalia valentina, poly, polina, tetyana, anja, dvirnik & probably 10 east euro models Im leaving out.

07-03-2005
within an embrace

What Eugenia means is that the Brazilian-boom is over. They were HUGE a while ago, but now they've faded, and the Australians, Europeans, Russians, and Eastern Europeans have taken over. Which is true. While I still love brazilians like Cintia, I'm much more preferential to girls like Emina, Natasha...etc

07-03-2005
front row

Out of those two, I vote neither. I think Allesandra rocks it and Carmen also rocks it.

What I would like to see is more Asians in the game. I'd like to see them dominate even for a little while. The only one who is known is Ai Tominaga. I'm just hoping that she decides to come back after her child is born.

Is there anyone out there who would like to see Asians rule the modeling world? I know that it will not be any time soon, but if it were to happen, when would it? I hope my predictions are right as to when.

07-03-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady grey
face it the brazil trend was years ago.
the current fashion mood IS eastern europe-Russian girls with a few outstanding europeans & canadians.

if youre going to say brazilians vs russia-east europe its no contest.
russians/east europeans win now.
if you add in the europeans like julia, winberg, louise, elise its more of a rout: its actually the continent of europe vs the continent of south america.

the only brasilains I really love are raquel & jeisa, and ana claudia when she used to work. so toss in gisele when she works & maybe trentini & cintia & its still a rout- to be fair its just not the brazilians moment- they cant compete vs euguenia, hana, marija, carmen, natalia valentina, poly, polina, tetyana, anja, dvirnik & probably 10 east euro models Im leaving out.
South America is not a continent. Unless you're talking about the continental dimensions of Brazil.

The brazilian models might not be the new sensation as the russians are but lots of them have a solid career and they're still everywhere in the NY-Milan-Paris route - Jeisa, Raquel, Marcelle, Caroline Trentini, Isabeli, Caroline Ribeiro (doing her comeback), Leticia, Michelle... and let's not forget Gisele is the only supermodel of this century and there are some new faces coming from Brazil like Cintia Dicker, Caroline Francischini, Laryssa Castro, Jessica Pauletto, Barbara Fialho, Lucy Horn and so on.

07-03-2005
princely

South America isnt a continent? ^

07-03-2005
front row

Well, the Eastern Europeans are 'bigger' now, yes. But I don't perfer either, personally. My favorite models are not in either of those regions.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brazilians, eastern, europeans or russiansyour, vote