Supermodel Challenge Game Season 5!! - Page 9 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
15-12-2007
V.I.P.

me too

15-12-2007
Day
fashion elite

I'll post my reviews in a second. A disclaimer though, that I used wayy too many adjectives (beautiful, great, stunning ) and rambled a little bit.

15-12-2007
there is no fear

^ Oh,we all ramble from time to time

15-12-2007
dream a little dream...

Longest Reviews Ive Ever Written

15-12-2007
dream a little dream...

Reviews!

Marvystone with Malgosia—First of all, these polaroids are so intense! Malgosia demands attention, and she’s totally androgynous. Her jaw is sort of manly almost, and yet there’s something really feminine here too. Juxtaposition, marvelous! Her runway picture is fabulous, I love that she doesn’t look dead in the eyes---rather she just looks fierce! And finally, AMAZING choice for an editorial picture! I feel like this captures the spirit of malgosia, and she transformed from the poalroids to the runway to the black and white. Fabulous to meet you, Malgosia!

Moofins with Andi—Woahgorgeous. Andi has TOTAL attitude, and all she’s wearing is skinnies and a blazer in these polaroids. She has lots of attitude in her eyes, and a youthful spunk that’s super enticing. She seems very rocknroll and nonchalant, but just…good at the whole modeling thing. :p I love the way you put this together and lined up your words and made it have a cool, hip, attitiude like andi’s. This runway photo doesn’t blow me away, but I still think andi looks fierce. It shows me that she has versatility because it’s so different from the polas! Finally, she TOTALLY looks worthy of one-thousand rock songs here. She looks eclectic, hippie-chic and wonderful with her hooded eyes. Fabulous work, and wonderful to meet you, andi.

Marcel with Julia –I love the emotions that are evoked in these polaroids! I love her famous crooked smile and the simplicity of her look that manages to still strike me. I love the center bottom picture—it’s sweet, but she’s still well dressed and I can tell she’s good at what she does. This runway picture is great for the body and the dress. Her face though, I have to say, looks a little fishy..like with her mouth hanging open just a little too much. Still, I can tell that she’s a beauty on the catwalk. This editorial picture is stunning. It’s sort of sad and empty, but JULIA evokes that, not just the light or the clothes. It’s nice that she could make me feel an emotion, because its important that top models aren’t dead in their photos!

larien with Irina—I love how beautiful and clean this black and white picture is. She looks like a clean slate, and even though it’s not a Polaroid, I feel like this does a great job at showing me irina in her essence. She intrigues me with her eyes! I cannot BELIEVE she is only 16. Ive seen her all over the place and it amazes me that she has such talent so young! The runway picture is great, I love that you showed her with a bit of a smirk and a cute, quirky little dress. And her legs are endless! And This editorial picture has so much personality and it says so much about irina! It has charm and quirkiness, and yet I can tell that she has a shy element to her, yet she’s confident! Hi, Irina!

Hfgl with Caroline—Wow in these polaroids she looks so young and fresh faced! I like that she has a bare face and lots of freckles, but I can tell that she has a personality and there’s something there. From polaroids to runway photo, I am SO impressed with the transformation that went down. She turned into a sexy, way more made up and confident woman. I love that she can transform. And last, this editorial picture is a perfect combination of the polas and the runway. I can see her exciting and modelesque personality shining like a beacon! I love where you went with this. Lovely to meet you, caroline

Manuva with Lara Stone—she. Is.so.intense. I’m amazed with these polaroids and the glare in her eye. Her cheekbones are perfect, and her light colored hair in contrast with her sharp jaw and full mouth are all complimentary. I love how your runway picture sticks with her attitude! It’s intense, fierce, fabulous, and yet shows lots of emotion in the eyes. Wonderful job on that one. And finally, this editorial picture! While I love it, I don’t see how it represents lara’s personality. It’s overly tanned and overtly sexual—and that’s not the first impression I got of lara. However, I’m still impressed. Her photogenic-ness is undeniable! Dag, Lara.

Mettchen with Suvi—I love these polaroids. It’s almost like there’s a sadness in her eyes…something WAY deeper hiding beneath the surface. The stark background and the black and white clothes make me want to know more about her (and her beautiful cheekbones and jawline!). The runway picture is a little bland, but she definitely has something on her face—not just that dead, dull look. She has flavor and spice, even though she has a little bit of a darker attitude! I like that you showed her wearing not some low cut, short, neon little thing and you stayed true to the spirit of suvi. Finally, this editorial shot is brilliant! It’s quirky, unexpected, and shows me what real TALENT suvi has got..I believe that she has what it takes. Marvelous to meet you, suvi!

Carrme with Irina-- There’s so much rocknroll competition this season! Starting with your Polaroid, I know Irina has got spunk and flava and spice. She is GORGEOUS, obviously, and works those bangs like no other model out there. Theres no doubt in my mind that she has the beauty for this competition. I like that you used a runway closeup for the runway part. Her skin is flawless, her pose is fun, but I’m not sure it completely convinces me…it doesn’t really go with the vibe of the rest of your entry! Finally, your editorial photo.. It’s so beautiful and irina definitely dominates, but it is lacking a little in emotion! I want to see her expressing real feelings a little more. However, I still think that Irina looks beyond beautiful here. Hi, irina !

Manette with Mariya—First of all, I looooove all the angles that are shown in these polaroids. I can see details, from her amazing bone structure, to her perfect skin and big lips. These show me that mariya has a lot to offer, and she’s a true beauty! This runway picture is so fabulous! I can tell that she has spirit on the runway, and I love that she’s not afraid to express herself! Last, this editorial shows me what a chameleon mariya can be! She switched through so many emotions within these different photos, I love how much potential is here! Nice to meet you, mariya

Mafiosa with Anja—I am so stunned by her beauty in these natural Polaroid-esque shots! I love the variety of angles that I got to see, from an over-the-shoulder, to a straight on…which many models are afraid of. However, you showed me anja can work it any way! And I got to see her completely amaaaazing raw, natural beauty. Also, this runway picture is beautiful! I love how you showed her haircut transformation. While I like her hair longer, I definitely see that she can work it both ways. Finally, I absolutely see what you mean when you talk about the expression in her eyes She is not sitting there, dead—she has expressions and attitudes all her own—and this picture is so beautiful! Good work. Nice to meet you, anja!

Karin with Natasha—These polaroids are beauties indeed. I can already see her beautiful bone structure and her versatility. I can’t help but seeing her as a litte bored in these pictures! She looks like she might rather be somewhere else. Her physical beauty is stunning though, that’s undeniable. Alright, this runway picture definitely shows me that Natasha can work it! I love the dress, her voluminous hair, her fierce gaze…it all works together! And finally this editorial shows me that barely any airbrushing needs to be done to make her look like that! She is certainly gorgeous and has really interesting features. I just hope that she won’t be boring. I want to see a little spice! Hi, Natasha!

Mr-Dale with Coco—COCO HAS ATTITUDE These polaroids are so expressive and exciting and full of life and potential. Its like coco understands her amazing life and has fun with it! I’m excited about her, and that’s a great thing. I love her natural beauty. Also, it was brave of you to choose this irish-dance picture, but on another hand, it seems like the obvious choice, one you’ve explained it! Coco likes risks and I mean, it is totally amazing that she gt to dance down the catwalk—now THAT is fierce. And last, this editorial picture! The variety that you’ve shown me in just these three pictures is vast. I can see Coco’S will to explore and try different things and that’s important. Beautiful and full of life! What more could I ask for!? Hey, Coco!

Amelia with Agnes—Well the first Polaroid is a little dark, but the second two are perfect! I like her waifishness and her super-long hair and the way she seems sort of fragile. She has a sort of daintiness that is appealing! This runway shot is incredible! I didn’t realize that she would be this good She looks really good o the runway—her height definitely doesn’t hurt. Again, she looks very angelic and delicate. Finally, this editorial shot looks like a girl who I’d like to know! She seems very hip and fun and I like that she can still catch my attn. from a shot that’s only neck-up. She has perfect skin by the way! I don’t really know much about her, but I’m starting to like her already! Nice to meet you, agnes

missDIOR with Luize—I’ve visited her thread a couple of times, and I know that the Tanya comparison has been made quite a bit! However, I think she has a look all her own! Her full lips and huge blue eyes with her delicate stature make up someone really beautiful—with lots of emotion behind those eyes. I thought the runway picture you posted was the editorial picture you were going to use-- It’s amazingly beautiful! Luize clearly knows what she’s got and she knows how to work it. I love the enticing quality of her eyes and body language..she has a lot to offer to this competition. Finally, this editorial pictures, along with the quotation right beneath and the shadows casting about her face…I’m enchanted! Luize has style, and I appreciate that. Nice to meet you, Luize!

Rachyroo with Magdalena—She has got such new and beautiful and interesting features! Her deep set eyes and light brows along with her heavy jaw and superslim body, she is so versatile! I like her style and her attitude, she gives me good vibes, just from these pictures! Second, the runway picture makes her look all grown up! She looks like a mature woman, and she can work this crazy ensemble and make it look like an everyday occasion! I can see that her looks translate really well both on runway and in pictures…nice work! And finally, I CANNOT say enough good things about this editorial picture! It’s so extremely different from the first two and its so fierce and rich and full of fashion forward-ness! It’s interesting and creative, and magda reeeeally knows how to work her angles. I’m impressed! Hi, Magdalena!

Masquerade with Raquel—As somebody else mentioned, these polaroids show an entirely different side of the usually bubbly, confident and kooky girl that Raquel can be. She is wiped of makeup and color..and still conveys emotion! I want to know who she was with in this moment, what she was up to, who she was hanging out with! I’m not sure how I feel about this runway picture! She seems a little distracted, although this dress looks impeccable on her. I wish she was giving an attitude-heavy pose at the end of the runway or shown in a closeup. This one doesn’t work so well for me. And last, this editorial picture—glamour to the max! She can definitely mix her looks and her appeals to many different age groups and both genders! I like this picture because its seems so spontaneous. Good work on this one! Nice to meet you, Raquel!

Nextnewface with Tanya—The Polaroid/shot that you used for part one is so incredible! It’s something I could find in Pop magazine or Another…as an editorial shot! Her angles are amazing, her profile is stunning, she has loooads of angelic beauty, and I can tell she’s got power as a model—she can even work it in starbucks! Like a young little goddess Looking at her on the runway I can see that she just…absolutely knows what she’s doing. She looks fierce! She has complete control and I get really confident vibes from her..its marvelous the way she can work it! And finally, your editorial picture does a great job of reminding me that she has a very young, naïve side. She looks like a schoolgirl here, who has done something wrong It’s obvious that Tanya has talent, and you’ve done a great job of showing that! Hey, Tanya!

Tbj with Georgia—These polaroids, are a little teenage angsty, with the platinum hair and the dark dark brows. It’s hard for me to see her natural beauty coming through these because there’s so much distraction with her pants and hair andthings. However, I feel like I can see some beautiful bone structure hiding under there. Your runway picture is much better! I can see the sort of feline quality of her face and bone structure, and I think she looks wonderful as a brunette. She has a good runway body and I like that she has emotions in her eyes while walking the catwalk. That’s important! Last, I think this editorial picture is so rock and roll! Georgia works her situation, her little red shirt and white undies, her heart shaped glasses, her wet hair…she gives it all an attitude and spunk that isn’t seen so often in editorials these days!

Nemezide with Lily—I love the way she’s smiling like she knows a secret that nobody else has a clue about! She’s got a smirk and a life in her eyes that is enticing, and catches my attention! Also, her faming red hair is a unique asset that she’s got! I have to say, I was surprised to see her total transformation into runway goddess! I didn’t know she had it in her! She looks really intense, and the look she’s throwing those photographers is extreme and powerful…two good things! On top of her smarts and acting career, I’m really impressed with what lily has to offer! Last, this editorial picture is only okay for me. The styling is horrible imo, but lily is definitely creating a story with her body language, and that’s not easy! Fabulous to meet you, lily

Lily with Mafiosa—I NEVER realized before just how far apart lily’s eyes are! It adds immediately to how striking her face is and makes me look twice. Shes got a perfect mix of a high fashion face and a commecial face..I like that she has the ability to do both, and I like that I can Tell from her polaroids. She has perfect skin, and unique features. This runway picture isn’t the best, because lily looks a little bored and I know she has more to offer. I see that she has confidence and can act for a designer, but I wish I could have seen it more..! Last, your editorial picture is so…angelic and perfect! She evokes such innocence, and it’s amazing to see that she can switch from this to a valentino girl! I admire that, and her beauty is breathtaking. Nice to meet you, lily!

15-12-2007
Day
fashion elite

Reviews:

Malgosia Bela:

Polaroids: I really like these. They sum up as a model very well.

Runway: Her legs do look amazing, but I would have liked to have seen a different side of her on the runway; maybe a little softer. I like that you get a sense of her walk though.

Editorial: This is certainly haunting! This is a great introduction into her editorial work.

Andi Muise:

Polaroids: I love these! The last one is my favorite; you can see her profile and facial structure perfectly.

Runway:
This isn't my favorite runway picture of Andi...to me, the focus is more on the clothes and accessories and her stare seems blank.

Editorial:
While I wish you could see more of her face, this is a beautiful picture.

Julia Stegner:

Polaroids: These are great. I love how you can see her face from all different angles.

Runway:
If I remember correctly, her dress was about to fall off here.

Editorial: So beautiful and soft. I love her mouth and hair in this; great job!
And she still manages to look absolutely gorgeous! Great runway photo.

Irina Kulikova:

Polaroid:
I'm undecided about this photo; it is beautiful, but it doesn't seem like a true polaroid to me.

Runway: I'm so glad you chose a picture from this show. Irina looks happy and beautiful.

Editorial:
I like that this shows a different side from the polaroid and runway...it's a great picture.

Caroline Trentini:

Polaroids:
I have to say, polaroids aren't my favorite pictures of Caroline. She looks young and fresh here, though, which is nice.

Runway:
Carol always looks so fantastic at Versace, and this is no different. She is so versatile on the runway.

Editorial:
One of my favorite editorial pictures of her ever! So adorable, but mischievous as well.

Lara Stone:

Polaroids: I like these, but I wished they varied a little more from each other. Her cheekbones are amazing though! :Woot:

Runway: Gorgeous! Her eyes are piercing here.

Editorial:
I love her teeth here! I think this really showcases her as a model.

Suvi Koponen:

Polaroids: Amazing polaroids; I can't even choose a favorite. She looks strong and soft at the same time.

Runway: I don't think runway is Suvi's strongest, but here she looks confident and lovely. Nice choice.
Editorial: She is so fantastic at posing! This photo is dynamic and strong, and you can tell she does know how to move infront of the camera.

Irina Lazareanu:

Polaroids: I would have preferred to see a true polaroid of Irina, because here she seems a little too made up. A beautiful picture, regardless.

Runway: This is a beautiful closeup of her.

Editorial: I feel like this picture relies too much on the props, instead of her beauty. However, she can really act in her pictures, which I appreciate.

Mariya Markina:

Polaroids:
This are so naturally beautiful. I love her profile.

Runway: This is a nice contrast from her polaroids. You can tell she can handle a lot of makeup but still look great natural.

Editorial:
I'm not in love with this. It's a nice picture, but not very memorable. I think the clothes are taking over the picture.

15-12-2007
Day
fashion elite

Anja Rubik:

Polaroids: I am in awe of her beauty here. From every angle, she looks absolutely stunning. Good job!

Runway: She looks so nice with both short and long hair. That shows how versicle she truly is.

Editorial:
I like your story behind this! Great choice of picture as well.

Natasha Poly:

Polaroids: These are classic polaroids. Stunning.

Runway:
Those cheekbones!I love her walk as well...strong and confident, which is perfect for Versace.

Editorial: I wish you had chosen a more dynamic editorial photo, but this is undeniably stunning.

Coco Rocha:

Polaroids: These are so cute. She looks perfect in that last one.

Runway: A classic moment! I love that she did this...it shows that she has more to her than just being able to walk down the runway.

Editorial:
I loved this entire editorial...Coco was stunning in it. Great choice.

Agnes Buzala:

Polaroids: The first one isn't the great of quality, but the second two are just stunning.

Runway:
I love that this picture has personality, which many runway pictures lack. Nice job.

Editorial: Such a beautiful closeup. I see a different side of her which is great.

Luize Salmgreize:

Polaroid: I've never heard of her before, so thank you for the great introduction! She is stunning.

Runway: I like that this is a different type of runway picture. She looks almost like a doll.

Editorial: This is a really strong shot, but I would have liked to see more of her face.

Magdalena Frackowiak:

Polaroids:
These are some of the best polaroids I've seen to date. I love the natural look and she looks amazing.

Runway:
She proves that she can transform on the runway here. I love it.

Editorial: The focus is really on her gorgeous face; this is such a strong picture!

Raquel Zimmermann:

Polaroids: These are so pure and natural. I can tell how she manages to stay so long in the industry based off these polaroids.

Runway:
My focus was brought mostly to the dress, but Raquel looks gorgeous and you can tell what a great body she has.

Editorial:
Even with half her face covered, Raquel manages to grab your attention! A great introduction picture.

Tanya Dziahileva:

Polaroids: The first picture is my absolute favorite out of all the entries. Tanya has an undeniable presence.

Runway: I like the angle of this, it's different but you can still appreciate Tanya as well as the clothes.

Editorial: Beautiful! Her eyes, her hair, her mouth...everything.

Georgia Frost:

Polaroids:
These definitely tell you who Georgia is! They really show her personality and beauty, so good job.

Runway:
I liked that you showed her after the color change, because she certainly looks different. Her legs look amazing here!

Editorial: A very strong picture. Even though you can't see her eyes, her pose is strong enough to carry the picture.

Lily Cole:

Polaroids:
These certainly portray Lily, but I would have liked to see a little more variation, maybe a body shot and a profile.

Runway: Lily is perfect for couture! This is beautiful.

Editorial:
Lily has many wonderful editorials, so I'm a little disappointed that you can't really see her face in this.

Lily Donaldson:

Polaroids:
Perfect polaroids for Lily! She looks so naturally gorgeous and fresh-faced.

Runway: I loved the way she looked in this show, but the clothes kind of overwhelm her here. Still gorgeous, though.
Editorial: My favorite editorial picture of the whole bunch. Almost like a polaroid, so clean and pure.

15-12-2007
Day
fashion elite

Sorry Yogini, I didn't realize I had posted immediately after you.

15-12-2007
dream a little dream...

i love that we posted at the same time!

15-12-2007
Unveil Yourself....

Thank you so much for all the kind words

And the quick reviews!

twitter.com/ErikP87

15-12-2007
V.I.P.

Wow, those are IMPRESSIVE reviews!!! It must have taken you guys so long

Thanks for your comments, very sweet

15-12-2007
V.I.P.

thanks for your nice comments

15-12-2007
there is no fear

Thank you both!!!

15-12-2007
just because I'm losing

Thankyou both for the reviews, I really appreciate the effort gone into them and it return we get lots of helpful feedback.

15-12-2007
V.I.P.

what happens next?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
challenge, game, season, supermodel