^ I'm pretty sure we have another thread about this ...
So what are you buying ... what did you buy this season? It sounds like you might be missing statement pieces, if it looks like you're always in the same clothes ...
I find that separates really help with making different combinations.
Today I wore ...
- Black silk tunic cardigan ... so old I think I bought it before I ever started posting here
- Black pants I bought this season
- Lavender cotton blouse with tulle and jewel embellishment at neckline
- Purple tights
- Black and white polka dot ballet flats (which I changed to my black/ivory 'spat' ribbon-lace oxfords when I realized I was going to have to walk to brunch since my car is unhappy today)--both pairs of shoes bought this season
- Black uncut corduroy coat
So you can see between the color and the statement shoes that this outfit would definitely be distinguishable from another ... and everything here can be combined in a bunch of different ways with other pieces.
I would suggest adding color and statement pieces. If you already have a ton of basics, you could focus just on this for your next couple seasons to get some more excitement into the mix. Usually I do half and half.