View Single Post
Join Date: Sep 2005
top 5 to shop (in terms of fashion one-stop drops)
1) Dover Street Market - a one-off shopping experience - must see if you love CdG, Undercover, Boudicca
2) Start (Rivington Street) - the alternative department store and a great source of denim
3) Spitalfields Market - great for sourcing London based unique designers and also a great bite to eat too
4) Kingly Court - just the best collection of boutiques - vintage, unique designers, streetwear. Best shop: Twinkled - a retro furniture/clothing store (they sell vintage 70's plastic egg-cups!
5) Liberty - just the most calming/soothing department store in London (I never feel harassed and flustered when I'm in here unlike other London department stores)
top 5 to eat
1) Maze - Yes, it's Gordon Ramsey but gosh, the food iss just so beautiful and I like variety in my food!
2) Mon Plasir - No frills, cheap French fod
3) Three Brothers (Finchley) - Just the best fish and chips EVER!
4) Fatoush - lovely Lebanese food - literally piles of barbequed meat and dips galore!
5) Yauatcha - Pricy dim sum but a lovely retreat for tea and cakes (my saviour after shopping in Soho and Oxford Street)
top 5 to see
1) Design Museum - a fabulous space and there are always interesting exhibtions
2) Walking alongside the Thames from Westminster to St. Pauls (weather permitting of course) - lots of beautifully lighted architecture and wonderfully quiet.
3) A film at the Electric Cinema - just the most decadent interior with the most comfortable seating. Providing the film is good of course.
4) London Eye - I agree with Travis, on a clear day or when the sun is setting, the view is simply breathtaking.
5) A play in the Regents Park outdoor theatre - In the summer, there's always a good season of Shakespeare plus you can roam around the park too!
'A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion.'
My blog - Style Bubble -
View this member's profile
Post a comment to this member's profile
Send a private message to susie_bubble
Visit susie_bubble's homepage!
Find More Posts by susie_bubble