What fashion problems need solutions?
View Single Post
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin, TX
- How can fashion challenge us mentally/emotionally/spiritually without also challenging us financially?
- How can fashion achieve a more ethical relationship to the environment and to people (both those who make it and those who purchase it)?
- How can fashion be more decentralized and adaptive to local climates, customs and cultures? (as opposed to the current highly-centralized model... e.g. Fall in Texas is very different from fall in New York, but you won't see this fact acknowledged by the typical collection shown in Paris or New York during fashion week)
- How can fashion address a diversity of body types and remain marketable and profitable? How can individual designers choose to target specific ideals of the body that have been historically overlooked or rejected by fashion without it being career suicide?
- How can fashion contribute to political, ideological, and cultural dialogues without resorting to printing text on things? Instead of putting the message *on* the medium, how can the medium become the message?
...just a few, I'm sure there are more.
View this member's profile
Post a comment to this member's profile
Send a private message to The Baron
Find More Posts by The Baron