Allure February 2021 : Pat McGrath by Richard Burbridge

Well deserved! The master of her generation and industry. This sparks joy. A full circle for Dame McGrath. From behind the scenes to the cover of a magazine!

I wish they removed the hat though. I wanna see the entirety of her gorgeous face!

Besides the excessive retouching, it is a pleasant cover as Pat is the queen of make-up and deserves this cover a lot !

Yes, well deserved but this is really Glenda Bailey level of corny. And why would they FaceTune her skin so much when it's supposed to be all about how her makeup is so good? Her skin is clearly not that flawless and wrinkle-free, not even with all the glam. And it doesn't even look like Richard Burbridge's work.

Sorry, fail for me!

I like this cover, it’s decent enough for me. Maybe I’m biased because it’s Mother!!! Having transformed many people for so long it’s so nice to see her being on the cover. Well deserved.

I like this cover, it’s decent enough for me. Maybe I’m biased because it’s Mother!!! Having transformed many people for so long it’s so nice to see her being on the cover. Well deserved.

Now that you've mentioned Mother, which to me means Ru Paul lol, strange that we've never seen a drag act on the cover of Allure considering they're basically beauty icons right now. Not even someone like Aquaria who would bring them a lot of young followers, or Trixie Mattel???

If Allure wanted to reinvent itself as a magazine which sometimes puts the people behind the images on its front covers, that would give it some purpose - interviews with industry pros, or people talking about how they played their part in the making of iconic images, or people who are starting out in the business, launching their beauty ranges. It would tick the box for advertising and promotion, and it might possibly supply some interesting content you wouldn't get elsewhere.

“The Creative Eye of Pat McGrath through Allure’s Creative Retouching”. Even I wouldn’t facetune my face that much for my updated resume photo. Pat is stunning just the way she is. There’s this Ben Hassett-shot photo on her IG that captures her beauty better than this cover.

Now that you've mentioned Mother, which to me means Ru Paul lol, strange that we've never seen a drag act on the cover of Allure considering they're basically beauty icons right now. Not even someone like Aquaria who would bring them a lot of young followers, or Trixie Mattel???

Hate me. But I’d like to see Jeffree Star on a cover of any major publication. He’s obviously going to garner much publicity and sales.

Hate me. But I’d like to see Jeffree Star on a cover of any major publication. He’s obviously going to garner much publicity and sales.

For all the wrong reasons, like I dunno, seducing a man of the cloth?
And I don't know about sales....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->