Allure November 2018 : Angela Bassett by Sharif Hamza

Would almost love this except Angela’s expression is rather questionable...

Love the image, hate the typography

Ugh this had potential :(

Wow, how, HOW do you ruin Angela mot****** Bassett!!!! Shame on them, she can photograph million times better than this, and she deserved a better cover, but at least they gave her one. Still, sigh!

Fashion Stylist: Jaime Kay Waxman
Hair: Randy Stodghill
Makeup: D’Andre Michael
Manicure: Emi Kudo

9iRtzS1p_o.jpg

allure.com

Crikey, what's happening with her mouth?? Hamza should be sacked for this, or whoever did the retouching. They've done her wrong here. She looks better in person. Can't believe these shots passed so many people and nobody noticed this.

Her recent shoot for The Edit was spectacular!

I feel like I should be celebrating it, but that cover shot does nothing to celebrate all that she is - a great-looking woman and a force of nature on the screen.

The first black and white shot explained the weird expression on the cover; the early stages of Madamism. Google that.
Such a shame, I love her and her craft but this is not good.

Ugh, it had so much potential but ultimately failed due to bad decisions. Who even thought that was a good cover shot?

How do you manage to make Angela Bassett look bad?! It' such a lacklustre shot and the stylist should be sacked - that suit looks terribly unflattering...

Such a pity, as has been stated, how do you make Angela Basset look bad?

She obviously thinks her mouth like that is a modelesque. Very unfortunate that her publcist or the photographer didnt instruct her to not do that "pose".

The first black and white shot explained the weird expression on the cover; the early stages of Madamism. Google that.
Such a shame, I love her and her craft but this is not good.

I see that as well! Actually very eerie. Let this be known that I'm not being negative about her decision for trying plastic surgery, it's that it simply doesn't flatter her. And the first b&w is evidence of that.

Angela Bassett is a stunningly beautiful woman, but that cover shot is an injustice.

Either one of the editorial images would have made a great cover! The one they picked is just not a great choice.

The Glitterati (8 pages)
Photographer: Peter Ash Lee
Stylist: Ye Young Kim
Makeup: Maki Royke
Hair: Holly Mills
Cast: Ling Tan, Akiima, Christina Kruse, Jo-Ani Johnson, Pooja Mor, Missy Rayder, Elaine Irwin, Alexandre, Demi & Mae

Allure Digital Magazine

All Laced Up (8 pages)
Photographer: Vicki King
Stylist: Katie Burnett
Makeup: John McKay
Hair: Tamas Tuzes
Cast: Kirsty Hume

Allure Digital Magazine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members