• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Ann-Sofie Back to be Head Designer of Cheap Monday

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Ann-Sofie Back Signed As New Head Designer for Cheap Monday

Cheap Monday is branching out from its denim line. The Swedish company just signed Ann-Sofie Back as its new head designer. "I have not even begun," she tells Rodeo magazine. "But there has been much focus on jeans so far, and my task is to create a stronger identity on anything that is not denim." She'll set up in Sweden, where she recently relocated after living in London for eight years (she got married and her husband's children are in Sweden). So she said this step feels "absolutely right." [Rodeo]

nymag.com

that seems like an odd combo...
but it sounds like it's good for her...

very interested to see what will come of this...
esp cause the rest of cheap monday's line aside from denim has been pretty weak and could use a boost...imo...

thanks scott...
:flower:

i agree,softie. i think ann-sofie can inject something a little more distinct for CM.

Pictures...courtesy of Grazia...

main-1_41.jpg
main-2_42.jpg
main-3_12.jpg

"We reported back in May that Ann-Sofie Back had signed on as the Creative Director of Cheap Monday, and as fashion moves so fast we can barely keep up, she was put to work immediately and has just unveiled her debut collection for SS 2010. We love her eponymous label for all its quirky themes, girly goth and over the top styling, so we're loving this Cheap Monday collection. All ripped jumpers, ‘masking tape' details, fine knits, layers of bleached denim and even denim shoes - this is a collection worthy of the runway, but the most exciting thing about it is that it's certainly not catwalk prices. Cheap Monday is known for its low-cost cool clothing, but Ann-Sofie Back has now added designer kudos to the brand, and that is priceless!"

www.graziadaily.co.uk

I really like the sweater with all the holes :smile: some other pieces I do not mind at all. One thing I was shocked to see the ripped jeans, I thought no one liked them anymore :/ I usually feel weird still wearing mine seeing no one wears them anymore lol

Scott- if you check out the latest Fashion Show link on cheapmonday.com you will see the men's pieces. I've haven't found any photos yet elsewhere :blush:

^thanks luluposh! it's very cool. i think i'll definitely try to get a few pieces next spring. i wonder if they'll sell the boots as well? i love the cut-outs.

Huh?? This topic was made 4 weeks ago already, how have I missed this amazing news?

softgrey said:
cause the rest of cheap monday's line aside from denim has been pretty weak and could use a boost...imo...

So true.

I definitely like the sound of her working with CM, however I'm not liking what I am seeing.

la bordélique...even longer than that....i had only just stumbled upon the news then when it was initially reported in april.

It's nice to know that Cheap Monday wants to head to something directional and putting ASB on the helm is a good start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->