APC Jeans

vigge said:
Can't you show us some pics? I'm really curios! :flower: :woot: :P
Not the best shot but the mirrors at work are kinda dirty. Somehow they don't look too skinny in this shot...

Attachments

• newCure.jpg
    newCure.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 262
baklanyc said:
Not the best shot but the mirrors at work are kinda dirty. Somehow they don't look too skinny in this shot...

Thanks! :wink: :flower:
Yes i know it's quite hard to make it look as it looks in the "real world", but I can see that they're indeed more slim than the cures. What's the hem size? :huh:

vigge said:
Thanks! :wink: :flower:
Yes i know it's quite hard to make it look as it looks in the "real world", but I can see that they're indeed more slim than the cures. What's the hem size? :huh:
I think you'll have to ask APC that - it may vary with different sizes, I'd imagine.

baklanyc, they do look amazing :flower: Very slim and still able to bunch a little, perfect! And may I say lovely blazer as well.
Ah, I want them even more now. I've only had my New Standards (which have become my favourite jeans) since the beginning of this year.. hmm do I really need another pair of jeans.. :lol:

Avantster said:
baklanyc, they do look amazing :flower: Very slim and still able to bunch a little, perfect! And may I say lovely blazer as well.
Ah, I want them even more now. I've only had my New Standards (which have become my favourite jeans) since the beginning of this year.. hmm do I really need another pair of jeans.. :lol:
Well, I have 4 APCs now, but they all vary. These are really great heavy denim but not selvedge, and they're the skinniest I've seen APC make. And vigge, I measured my jeans hem's opening (if that's what you mean) and it's 7" flat, or 14" all around. However, if you mean inseam, it's 34" with a 27" waist.

Oh, and Avantster, the jacket is by Lad Musician. It's a lot slimmer than the pic makes it appear, because I'm raising my arms to take the pic, and the cropped length doesn't help it look any slimmer at that angle!

baklanyc said:
And vigge, I measured my jeans hem's opening (if that's what you mean) and it's 7" flat, or 14" all around.

I mean't this, thanks. :wink:

Restocking

Hi,
I'm trying to get hold of a pair of unwashed denim new standards. The N.A. APC website is out of stock in my size. Anyone know whether stock tends replenish quickly or is that it until the fall stuff is released?

pbtvan said:
Hi,
I'm trying to get hold of a pair of unwashed denim new standards. The N.A. APC website is out of stock in my size. Anyone know whether stock tends replenish quickly or is that it until the fall stuff is released?

Call Mauro at denimbar, he usually has better prices than the APC website.

baklanyc said:
I think you'll have to ask APC that - it may vary with different sizes, I'd imagine.

That Lad musician jacket looks killer, if you ever feel like giving to the "help a fuuma get more clothes" foundation don't hesitate to contact me to arrange a shipment :D

is label sizing for the hipster the same as the new standard? ie if i wear a 29 ns should i go for a 29 hipster? i want the lower rise but the fact that they're a woman's jean (even if they're not. really) makes me feel weird. not to mention the significant lack of crotch room and shallow pockets. \:

APC jeans- problems with zippers?

I just bought my first pair of APC jeans- the summer weight ones with a removable belt. And the zipper broke on it without me even wearing it. Just took it home and it broke. Took it back and exchanged it, and the other zipper broke just from me zipping it up and down a few times- the teeth were coming apart from the zipper and the pull went to the other side. The boutique owner wont give me my money back and i'm furious. I never wore these $176 (w/tax) jeans even once! Has anyone had any similar problems? The zipper says RiRi on it- thats all i know about it. I'm not sure if this zipper is used on all APC (can someone check), and if it is, maybe i just got a faulty batch? This seems really weird though, considering I've heard so many good things and I never wore either pair.

fashion_boi_01 said:
I love the Hipster cut when it's slightly baggy.. looks soo cool how it bunches up.

How many sizes up would you order to get that look? I'm planning on buying another pair soon.

Arturo21 said:
How many sizes up would you order to get that look? I'm planning on buying another pair soon.

I would stay with your regular size, because they stretch out a lot after wear. I usually wear a 30 and tried on these in 30, thinking they would be too tight but they weren't.

etoilegirl said:
I just bought my first pair of APC jeans- the summer weight ones with a removable belt. And the zipper broke on it without me even wearing it. Just took it home and it broke. Took it back and exchanged it, and the other zipper broke just from me zipping it up and down a few times- the teeth were coming apart from the zipper and the pull went to the other side. The boutique owner wont give me my money back and i'm furious. I never wore these $176 (w/tax) jeans even once! Has anyone had any similar problems? The zipper says RiRi on it- thats all i know about it. I'm not sure if this zipper is used on all APC (can someone check), and if it is, maybe i just got a faulty batch? This seems really weird though, considering I've heard so many good things and I never wore either pair.

Riri are excellent zippers, not that it'll make you feel better or anything...maybe you should write APC and tell them about the problem, chances are they'll stand behind their product and replace the jeans or exchange them.

To answer your question about which zippers are used on APC, most jeans use buttons fly so I wouldn't know about those but my APC cords have a riri zipper. I'll also check my trousers when they come back from the cleaner. As I mentionned before riri is an excellent choice so it must be something about the batch or maybe you've just had a rough week.

Arturo21 said:
Depends if it's raw or not, plus you have to consider that since they're woman jeans, you can get a somewhat baggy hips effect without sizing up too much.

Fuuma said:
Depends if it's raw or not, plus you have to consider that since they're woman jeans, you can get a somewhat baggy hips effect without sizing up too much.

I agree.

I think it would be a good idea to get your regular size (or just one size smaller).

denim dilemma...

okay, I just got my first pair of APCs... they're the Unwashed Indigo New Standard Unisex Jeans... in a size 27... I love them, they feel great everywhere except for the waist, mainly because the top button doesn't button... i feel soooo fat right now... haha, but the bottom line is that I normally wear a 29/30 in Men's jeans... and a 24/25 in Women's jeans... I thought I got the right size? Now, I heard that if you wear them around the house and sleep in them, they'll stretch out, but I can't have a pair of jeans that don't button all the way... haha, sooooooo... my question is this... if I sleep in them for a week or so, will the top button eventually button or should I just exchange them for a 28? any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

how many sizes did you go down? depending on the fit you want 2-3 is pretty ideal. if only the top button won't button then you will be fine. you don't have to sleep in them... just wear them for a week or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->