Arena Homme + #43 Spring/Summer 2015 by David Sims

Contract/ Contact
Anuschka Blommers and Niels Schumms - Photographer

models

We Are On Top And The World Is Spinning
Alasdair McLellan - Photographer
Benjamin Bruno - Fashion Editor/Stylist

models

this attempt at constantly attracting the tween tumblr crowd with the painfully faux retro covers / eds is getting really tiring - not just from arena homme, of course, but it's something that's going on with every mag. either the tumblr aesthetic or people like bieber and the jenners. im too old for fashion, it seems.

I like Prada´s ed, it has that retro vibe that one would associate with Cuba.
Contract/ Contact has very lame images but I like the ones with the bars, reminds me the 90s.

I dunno, I quite appreciate the experimenting arena attempts issue after issue, although I've stopped buying their magazines after their s/s 2011 issue, this issue is particularly fascinating and I feel like the editorial teasers displayed are going to be nice to see in person.

My only wish is that their covers be as appealing as their editorial work.

Oh wow, oh wow

So Phuel you were wrong :hardhead:

I'm listening to The Smiths "World Won't Listen" right now and loving the Bloomers & SHOOOM here!!!! True Morrissey men's mag spirit no?

I want to see the Sims and Teller please :magic::magic:

Oh wow, oh wow

So Phuel you were wrong :hardhead:

LOL

That Prada edit is just plain lazy-- and insulting. They could have shot that in Miami with a local Cuban cast in any Miami Cuban deli and it would have looked the same. But no, let's go to still-sanctioned Cuba and cast Cubans to wear thousands of dollars worth of designer clothes for a high fashion magazine instead... That's not at all insulting and patronizing to the people still living with sanctions. Just how clueless is Arena...? Just my take, of course...

Yes-- rich middle-age creative types running out of ideas and not bothering to make an effort anymore, relying on their brand and thinking that by adopting what the kidz would like will make them hip and cool is making them nothing but transparently lazy and out of touch. I'm done with Arena Homme Plus since I'm too old it seems to be down with this contrived sh*t.

(Excuse me while I go on my Logan's Run now.)

this attempt at constantly attracting the tween tumblr crowd with the painfully faux retro covers / eds is getting really tiring - not just from arena homme, of course, but it's something that's going on with every mag. either the tumblr aesthetic or people like bieber and the jenners. im too old for fashion, it seems.

LOL, Definitely right. i immediately thought of tumblr when i saw this

But it doesnt look like Miami does it? No, not at all
It looks like Cuba, with great Cuban interiors and easy on the cliches. It looks really well cast and it really doesnt look like Instagram or Tumblr

And the playerzzz going to hate, hate, hate :Pink:

Got my issue today. Actually it has some nice content in it, but there are editorials which ones are just far too long. The one from Teller (nonsense, no fashion) and the other is of course David Sims (it is the same like the ones in the Pearmain era).
Also there is an editorial (In truth, a part of me is still left there bleeding) with a model that just freaked me out and I don't think that I can sleep tonight.
It showcases some pre-fall or fall-winter advertising for Gucci in the first pages of the magazine which is a really different Gucci... off topic, but they change the brands profile way too quick.
...and then, there is an angry cat in it..

You got me worried there WP :blush:

Put some pictures up? It doesn't arrive here until next week. The p*ssy shots sound interesting.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoellFan1997
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->