Asian Eyes

whereisthatsusu

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any asians out there that have any suggestions as to how to do eye makeup for eyes without eye creases.

Even though my eyes are pretty big for those without crease, I can't use dark shadows as they will make me look like I got punched :doh:

The best advice i can give you is not to use black eyeliner on both the top and bottom lids as it makes most asian eyes smaller.
If you dont have much of a "crease" you should keep the eye make up simple and definitely dont try all those contouring techniques with eye shadows.

I usually use liquid eyeliner to line the bottom of my eyes, and the corners. Then, I use 2 light colors all over the lid; a light "candlelight" or beige color below the brow for a highlight, and a light pink or bronze all over the rest of the lid. Then I curl my lashes and use black mascara. Sometimes, just for fun, I use electric blue mascara from Avon.. which really makes my eyes stand out, since they're dark brown. I have completely avoids trying to make creases.. because then it just looks ridiculous, because it ends up not being seen. I hope this helps!

What You Need To Know About Asian Eye Makeup
I found this:

You have great shaped eyes. Lets work with them!

Get into the habit of using a highlighter over the entire eye lid.

To create the illusion of a deeper lid, use a darker shade of shadow in the crease.

Play up your gorgeous brown eyes, choose colors in the sandy shades. This can range from browns to yellows. I have even seen pinky browns that work well. But, if you are adventurous, go for more bold shades. You can pretty much wear any color that appeals to you. Brown eyes are a blessing in this case!

On the same thread, don't feel that you are restriced to just a few colors. Shadows are made to be played with. You might find a color that no one else is using that looks perfect on you.

Pay attention to your brows. Ragged looking brows will ruin your gorgeous eyes. Isn't it interesting that your brows aren't noticed unless they are over-grown or over-plucked. If you don't know where to start, have them professionally shaped and then all you need to do is maintenance.

If you like to line your eyes, invest in an angled brush. I use one and find it very easy to maintain a close, even line.

Makeover.jpg

HOW TO
1. Prepare the face by applying a moisturizer that is right for your skin type. Tinted moisturizer helps achieve a natural look.

2. Apply a concealer just below the eyes to accentuate the eyes. Blend.

3. Apply a blush very, very lightly. Blend.

4. Lightly dust on powder with a large brush all over the face for a seamless look.
5. We applied Christian Dior's Light and Lasting Eyeshadow all over the lids, blending into the lids with a fingertip. This creates a base for the powder shadow to adhere to for longer lasting makeup.

6. Using a good quality makeup brush makes all the difference. First, apply the lightest shade over the brow bone area extending outward. Then layer taupe color all over the lids, blending carefully. Follow with brown in the areas closer to the upper lash line, and finally, smudge the darkest shade just above the lash line with the tip of the makeup brush, extending outward.

7. Apply upper and lower lashes with a black mascara.

8. Follow your natural brow lines with an eyebrow shaper.

9. Apply lip balm for sheer moist looking lips.

10. Apply lip color.

MEye.jpg

You Have a CHOICE : EYE LINER PICKS:
Eye2.jpg

1. LIQUID LINER
Takes practice after practice but it's worth the effort. Try liquid liners from Estee Lauder, Yves Saint Laurent, Revlon and Guerlain for most control.

2. THIN PENCIL
Great for everyday use if it is semi-soft. Best suited for smudging are Estee Lauder's, Prescriptives', Frederic Fekkai's, Revlon's, Oil of Olay's, and Janet Sartin's.

3. FAT PENCIL
Use it for shadowing.

4. POWDER SHADOW
Apply with a dry brush to layer on top of the smudged lines. It will make the lines look more natural and last longer. Try Estee Lauder's Two-In-One Eyeshadow in Fog.

5. LIQUID LINER PEN
Conceptually captivating but difficult to finesse.

SMUDGED
O U T

For a smudgy, smoky lash line, use medium tipped, semi-soft pencils and powder.

Line top and bottom lash lines from the very inner to the very outer corners with an eyelining pencil. Pick a color that is two shades darker than the color of your eyes. For dark brown eyes, use a black pencil, while lighter brown eyes look better with a dark brown or charcoal pencil.

Then smudge lightly with your ring finger to soften and blend the edges of the top line.

Apply your eyesahdow favorites.

Line just above the lashes with liquid liner. Go over the lines with any shadow that's dark, like gray, navy, deep green or plum. The softened edges render a smoldering look.

5 STEPS TO MORE BEAUTIFUL EYES:

Brusheye.jpg

1. Pick the Right Brush.

Making up eyes is more than just the right color. Picking a brush of the right size with the right bristle will make all the difference. Study the space between your upper lash line and eyebrows with your eyes opened. 3/5 of that is the perfect brush width. As for sponge tip applicators, you'll never go back to them.

Eyecolor.jpg

2. Pick the Right Colors.

When you come right down to it, there are only a few reliable eyeshadow colors that look great on you. Other colors are for fun and experimentation. Pure browns can look outdated but shades like coral, orange, and even stealth grey can bring your eyes forward to the new millenium.

Eyetouch.jpg

3. Get the Right Touch.

Ever wonder how some women can look more stunning using the same colors and same tools? It's all in the touch. The magically light touch.

Eyeline.jpg

4. Apply the Tricks.

Use eyeliner pencil to control the length of your eyes. For bright, alert, cute eyes, make the line thicker toward the ends and stop a bit outside the outer corners. For longer, sensual eyes, draw the line as much as a quarter inch past the outer corners. Blend upward and outward to create a natural looking shade.

Eyemas.jpg

5. Final Step.

Select the right mascara formulation for the desired look. Apply mascara as many times as you want if your eyelashes are short and/or sparse.

I can't really give tips, but hopefully this picture will help and perhaps even inspire! :flower:

Attachments

• urbaneve_02.jpg
    urbaneve_02.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 476
It looks as if they've used some heavy liquid liner here.

Attachments

• divine_eyes.jpg
    divine_eyes.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 431
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 12:45 pm
Oh I like that last one.. very beautiful

Originally posted by Missy44x+Mar 3rd, 2004 - 12:49 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Missy44x @ Mar 3rd, 2004 - 12:49 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 12:45 pm
Oh I like that last one.. very beautiful [/b][/quote]
It's from the new Lancome ads. :flower:

200402290014_00.jpg

Yomo Elg, Korean branch chairman of French cosmetics company Christian Dior, looks for Korean newspapers every morning, although he cannot understand the language. It is to look into cosmetic brands advertised on the paper and their models. Elg said, “I cannot read Korean articles, but I can understand the nation’s economic condition just by observing the advertisements.”
The reason why Elg is interested in the Korean economy is because South Korea has become an attractive strategic market. Only five years ago, Elg said, Korea was an emerging market, but now it seems Korea has rose to Asia’s core market.

According to Elg, Korean consumers are perfect target groups to test new products since they are sensitive to new trends. Another attractive factor of the Korean market is that it is geographically close to China, which has a population of about 1.3 billion. Elg said that Korea could play a role as the bridgehead to the Chinese market. The recent popularity of Korean celebrities in East Asia, Elg said, is also another factor that should not be overlooked since now "Korean trends equal trends of East Asia."

Christian Dior’s undying interest in Korean female consumers is proven through the company’s research and development efforts to create special cosmetics just for Korean women. Christian Dior, which this year had celebrated its tenth anniversary entering the Korean market, came up with “Dior Rouge.” This lipstick has a soft fragrance that suits the taste of Korean women who do not like using strong scented lipsticks. Whitening cleanser “Dior Snow” was specially designed for Korean women who mostly prefer clear, white skin.

Christian Dior is an affiliated company of LVMH (Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton), an international group with over 30 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Fendi, and Celine. Its Korean branch opened in 2000, posting two digit growth rates since then. Therefore, LVMH plans to make more investments in the Korea market despite the economic slump. Elg said that the current Korean economy has been politically held back, but said that would change after the election.

Interesting article Missy 4x.

I'll try to post some photos of eye make-up from some of the latest make-up give aways here in Seoul. :ninja:

Just gotta get the camera working better :angry:

My best advice is not to use eyeliner on both the top and bottom. It does indeed make your eyes small. Just line the bottom or the top, not both.

I'm asian and though my eyes have folds (creases?), I still find it hard to put make-up on.

Attachments

• eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 109
wow, i haven't checked this thread in weeks because there weren't any responses in the first few days.

the way i've done my eyes for a long time is i've applied liquid liner around the upper lash line, and half-way around the bottom lash line (going from outer corners to roughly middle). then i use a fat, dark grey pencil to further line the upper lid at the lash line, stopping about a half-cm from the outer corner. i use a powder in the same colour to "lock" it in place. and then mascara, etc.

that's about all i can do, because since i have no crease, i can only line my eyes with very dark black/grey shades as any colour on the rest of the lid makes me look like i have been punched in the face. was wondering whether any other asian girls w/o creases have the same problem, and what colours work for them?

oh and i find that using a very light, shimmery pencil at the inner bottom corners of the eye makes the eye pop more.

and thanks missy44 for the helpful info and purple for the websites! :flower:

theres a bobbi brown make up book my sister got when she turned 15 and they had a special section for asian girls (we're half chinese). she says its very helpful.

Make-Up on Asian "Models"

Sorry about any tackiness; but this is just for fun and ideas... :D :D

(from fobpro.com/photos)

Attachments

• green eyeshadow.jpg
    green eyeshadow.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 69
  • hair and eyes.jpg
    hair and eyes.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 89
  • p*rnstar shadow.jpg
    p*rnstar shadow.jpg