Attack of the Clones

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying.. Kate Moss and Erin Wasson are beautiful, have great style and have definitely developed there own look.. BUT I think there is a trend taking over where everyone is dressing identical to them. V-neck t's, ripped jean shorts, lacey black bras.. etc, etc.

This look is great for some, but I don't think it should be the definitive style today. Girls need to embrace their own look, their own body type and their own trends.

Any thoughts...

I hear that.

Many tween and teenage girls these days continue to look so alike: Abercrombie, American Eagle, Aeropostale. The three deadly As. :ninja: I could go on: Hollister, Old Navy, etc. Anywhere you can layer and dress preppy/jockish.

But yes, many are clones. It's not easy to define style, especially at a young age where girls are more prone to conform just to fit in.

I kind of agree but sometimes people wear things that look similar to what someone else is seen in just because it suits their own taste. Of course sometimes though, people don't really think about whether the look they're going for is flattering on them and it won't look good if it was doesn't fit right.

Maybe a lot of people want to belong more than they want to discover their personal style ...

Well i agree with fashionista-ta, because if u really care then you will notice that on your self i guess... But i agree it also have to do something with age I see it at my sister. ok, she's not interested in fashion at all but if you want to experiment with your clothes mistakes are included. i made so many weird fashionmistakes because of weird new combinations.... but you learn from your mistakes right? now im actually pretty happy with my style.. think it's pretty me.

maybe they dont care about fashion? or what others are wearing just happen to be what they want themselves to be seen as?

i complain about the boring, clone like style in toronto but not like i can change them. i just watch them and sigh

though i dont think i had the problem of deliberately dressing myself to fit. i remember i wore this cardigan back in grade 5 cause it was practically the only thing i had and mean girls picked on outfits. i got pissed off but after a couple years i just say 'whatever, conformity is for boring people' and wore whatever i like that suit my fancy of the time

Let me preface by saying.. Kate Moss and Erin Wasson are beautiful, have great style and have definitely developed there own look.. BUT I think there is a trend taking over where everyone is dressing identical to them. V-neck t's, ripped jean shorts, lacey black bras.. etc, etc.

This look is great for some, but I don't think it should be the definitive style today. Girls need to embrace their own look, their own body type and their own trends.

Any thoughts...
yeah...
it's pretty painfully obvious...
you can see it really clearly if you scan the WAYWT thread...
cut off levis
AA mini skirt, pullover, lycra mini, chunky wedge/platform..
something with fringe, hippie headband...etc...

there are about 5 girls who seem to all have the exact same wardrobe...
you would think they shared a closet...
^_^...

*it's VERY BANANARAMA... circa 1984...:P

but at least they look good ...
there are some people who manage to own and wear the exact same pieces and still look really bad...
i don't really know how they manage this...:unsure:
maybe it's to do with the haircut as well...
:innocent:

If people are comfortable in that 'suit' then let it be, I say. Especially on the summer, hot days are really those days where you just put on the lightest clothes you have and may that be cut-offs, lace bras and thin tees or a dress with sandals.

yeah...
it's pretty painfully obvious...
you can see it really clearly if you scan the WAYWT thread...
cut off levis
AA mini skirt, pullover, lycra mini, chunky wedge/platform..
something with fringe, hippie headband...etc...

there are about 5 girls who seem to all have the exact same wardrobe...
you would think they shared a closet...
^_^...

It took me a few double takes to realize that wasn't just one girl.
Similar poses and everything.
:shock:

It has really become the Alexander Wang look...

I do like some of A.W work but is not so special when 100 others wear the same combinations... I also think its because A.W designs pieces which are relatively easy to emulate, ripped jeans..sheer tee shirts.. chains.

:ninja:

i'm getting really sick of the globalization of fashion...
too many people looking too much the same...
i even get sucked into it now and then...

:(

fashion just moves so fast nowadays...
you almost have to totally ignore certain websites and stores if you want to avoid looking like every other person walking down the street...

i have found myself going into stores that i usually ignore...
just because i am so sick of the stores and brands i usually shop, now that everyone else seems to have discovered them too...

funnily enough though...
i like the stuff i am finding a lot more than what i see other people wearing...
^_^...

so that's good, i guess...

:lol:...:P...:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
I find even if people say they're 'into fashion' they all look the same. Look at Lookbook and chictopia (and other sites like that) they all look the same - the whole 'ooh I'm wearing VINTAGE aren't I cool?' look bugs me!

Well ... the thing is in here .. I dont see everyone looks the same .. yes, I get it of how everyone ends up being a clone of everyone:
This one time I found the perfect tee at the Benetton shop and of course I got it in every colour. Went out to celebrate and saw not one, TWO guys wearing the same tee (one of them in the same color as mine). Me being into torture, had to stand on front of the guys to see them notice ... its like the worst it can happen to anyone.
Since that incident, I comb the thrift stores religiously and only buy basics from well known stores .. sometimes I may splurge but in here its all Zara and Forever 21 and such .. online shopping is a great option, too.

The only thing that really irks me is the Abercrombie+American eagle crowd .. they dont even try ... and its label wh*ring (and with cheap brands!) :S

^ To me a t-shirt the same isn't horrible :P It's about how you're wearing it, and the other pieces ... If you've got a great sweater & shoes, so what about the T?

^ To me a t-shirt the same isn't horrible :P It's about how you're wearing it, and the other pieces ... If you've got a great sweater & shoes, so what about the T?

I aggree. I do not care if other girls've got the same H&M dress as me - it is the styling that makes the look "mine".

I also think the rock chick/ A. Wang / Kate Moss look is seen far to much and that is is kind of dull. But that's also why I love TFS, blogs, chictopia etc. - because I'm more likely to "meet" people with the same style as me, so I can get inspired, that I would be in real life.

saw 5 japanese girls shopping in nolita...
3 of them were wearing an olive parka style coat with some sort of luggage colored boot...

and i forget what the other two were wearing...but they basically matched as well...

so- five girls...
only two looks...

:lol:...
it was hysterical...
:P

I always try to get things and style them in ways that speak to me. I focus on me and what I like.

There is always bound to be someone that has a similar style as you, though. That's just the way the world works sometimes.

I kinda stopped taking street style pictures cause of simply and painful boredom... its funny though like most of them who were somewhat interesting stylish were also too much influenced but same old blog dementia striking the same crossing legs pose... its like certain blogs... u see a bunch of them and they look all the same... and makes you have some awful headache...
Id rather take pictures with less obvious posing or not posing at all as in certain festivals...
I'm not saying everybody is the same... but it might happen... So it goes to a total lack of style to over reproducing whats supposed to be cool...

its typical... shops have similar sorta trendy things... but one should be able to choose what suits better to them whatsoever the trend might be or not...

i ve been saying this for months now by all bloggers dress alike. if there s a certain it item, you bet they re all gonna have it, it s crazy how i see the same exact shoe or bag or jacket on every single blog i read, and i read a lot of them on a daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->