Balmain F/W 2009.10 Paris

People keep saying that people are buying this but who? I mean, yes Vogue Paris wears his stuff (for free) and I see the stuff on NAP. But I think they are ordering so little (and only in one or two sizes) that it sells out quickly (I wouldn't imagine they carry more than 5 pieces of a certain dress). Is it Russians or Middle Eastern buyers? Because I have a hard time believing they are making a genuine profit off of this. Then again the profit margins are so high because of the inflated RRP

balmain17.jpg
balmain18.jpg

balmain19.jpg
balmain20.jpg

balmain21.jpg
balmain22.jpg

balmain23.jpg
balmain24.jpg

style.it

Well....you're only as good as your last collection....and this ain't good....

Some of it's nice, but its the same old stuff. Just an extention from last season.

This is like a joke, and the price tag is the punchline.

What the hell happened? I mean, Balmain was always tacky and loud and even a bit vulgar, but this? This just looks ridiculously ugly, and cheap to boot.

I keep thinking and thinking. I cannot come up with an insult that would do justice to this mess.
It gave me a good laugh, after all. And it's only an hour till Nina Ricci...

People keep saying that people are buying this but who? I mean, yes Vogue Paris wears his stuff (for free) and I see the stuff on NAP. But I think they are ordering so little (and only in one or two sizes) that it sells out quickly (I wouldn't imagine they carry more than 5 pieces of a certain dress). Is it Russians or Middle Eastern buyers? Because I have a hard time believing they are making a genuine profit off of this. Then again the profit margins are so high because of the inflated RRP
Meg, I agree, I wonder the same thing. I was on Browns the other day and noticed that a Balmain cotton tank (not even any kind of special blend of cotton) from last season was over $2,000.00. I mean... I'd REALLY like to know who's buying this... not only for how bad it looks but for how INSANELY overpriced it is. Rodarte's knits were about the same cost as a Balmain tshirt.....

There are some pieces that I like and some that, well, make me cringe... all-in-all, wayyy below my expectations

^^^^ nouveau riche bimbos im guessing

It just soooooooo closely resembles last season's collection. And I have a very similar part of boots I got from Asos for 45 bucks, hah.

Still love all of the glitziness though, it's hard to hate Balmain. Just was hoping for something that didn't seem like S/S 09 part 2.

I like the hair and makeup though, it's fresh, simple and every model seems to pull off the look effortlessly

Same here,it was the make up that initially caught my eye. A few pieces aren't too bad to me,but then again some of it is just plain awful,like that last outfir posted on Freja

Pretty much the same as usual, only worse! There are no gorgeous jackets to save it this time...

This is more than tacky, really... I used to like Balmain, because even though some looks were awful, some dresses were incredibly well done. I can't see anything good on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->