Balmain F/W 2009.10 Paris

Hmm... on second thought it's better than my intial reaction. There are some really great pieces lurking, like the leather jacket on Natasha, the black sequin top on Anna, Sasha's coat(?), Raquel's skirt...

I have to say though, I only like a couple of the dresses. None really stood out to me as they have in the past. And those split pants... just NO.

I would wear 90% of this collection. White tops, jackets and mini dresses are my favorite.:heart:

The dresses and Hammer pants are truly painful to look at.

more of the same amazing, incredible and totally desirable thing!!
xx

LOVE IT!

I feel like I'm seeing the same collection season after season after season ....

Still liking the shoulders, but I do agree, the rest needs to change a bit. It's too samey.

Some of the dresses are va-va-voom but none of the outfits shown are worth their [potential] prizes.

where did the decarnin who designed the FW06-FW07 collections disappear off to? did the success go to his head? there's always been pieces in his earlier collections that have been bad but this is just appalling!

As expected! I love it! :heart:
Since F/W 0809 Balmain collections have always been incredible! I really like the shoulders, and the Jackets.

The pointed shoulders on the jackets are so shamelessly armani prive ss09 it's ridiculous. :D

The sad thing is that there are so many that are copying his trend... but they are doing it a bit better.

You know what I'm going to speak in general defense of this collection. It's the same crap different day but there is something so completely wonderful about it. The Balmain girl is just...well she's a girl I enjoy. She's one of those cigarette smoke scented, slightly drunken party girls whose skirt is too short and she's not wearing undies. She's this brazen almost unhinged creature high on money, low on class and yet irresistible. These clothes are the clothes you get sloshed in the back of a limo in - I'm never going to do that but I'm glad someone else is so I'm happy this exists. SOMEONE has to do this and now that Roberto Cavalli has gone and gotten recession conscious and faux-classy I'm more than happy that Christophe Decarnin has picked up right where he left off and provided the Kate Mosses of the world with something to have hiked up backstage at a Kills concert.

Kudos Christophe. Kudos.

Dear. God. No.

Also, move on from the 80s. I could wear this stuff now and it would look a bit tired. You could buy that sequinned skirt in Primark last year. Do something new.

the collection is not surprising, it still has the same rock and roll feel from spring, but i still love it!
there is so much craftsmanship

I think some of the pieces are great, but I can't say that I'm in love with everything in this collection. but of course it's balmain, so we'll see this everywhere next winter.

oh dear. after balenciaga I was so depressed that I took a nap, and then wake up to this.. It's way too similar to previous seasons, only this time, it looks bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->