Balmain S/S 2008 Paris

yuck..definitely doesnt do it for me..
those tiered flared pants are absurd...gross..
i dont understand what is beautiful about this..

I have to say I'm quite underwhelmed. I'm a big Balmain fan but this was just not up to par. The mini-dresses may be the sole redeeming factor and Balmain's mini's are always tops. Other than that I just can't see anything particularly good about this. The prints are loud and clashing, the eveningwear lacks focus and there are tassles on everything even remotely salvageable. Tassles! The horror!

I actually loled reading this segment of the Style.com review:

As one editor put it, should Roberto Cavalli's clients need a fix now that he's gone all gentle on them, Decarnin just might be their new man.

No. Just. No.

Sigh. We repress the bad memories...

I cannot say that I am a fan of the tassles but the rest of the collection is almost sublime and I love the minis

Im absolutely in love with this collection:woot:, i love the hippie vibe but its done so chic and modern, the shoes are killer and I love all the embellished vests, i wish I could have them all:heart::heart:, and all the mini dresses are just killer especially on Isabelli and Gemma!!!:D

gorgeous

I love this, especially the tie dye and the beaded jackets! beautiful. so much detail but looks carefree

Loving this collection! I want to bypass fall and winter and move onto spring now!

not a fan of the collection itself but what a show! all top models, not a single random filler girl.

Sasha and her catwalk :lol: Great TBT.
Besides that, good collection and flawless casting.

Moderator Note:

These comments are fine, but please remember .... "model talk" ... conversations about specific models (anything beyond a general comment about the casting as a whole), is off topic and belongs in Supporting Cast.

Thanks, everyone! :flower:

those clothes, whilst some may coined them at tarty, tasteless etc etc. I actually like how glamazon they look, even fast forward 10 years to the present day.
at least we are not seeing some pseudo artistic shapeless pyjama type of clothings emblazoned with logos.

My God, those dresses, and pants are :sick: No wonder why people only comment about how pretty are those blonde blue-eyed skinny models.

I'm surprised you guys hate it. Classic Balmain is my fave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->