Balmain S/S 2008 Paris

I used to hate Balmain but OMG, fashion is so terribly bad as of late that this looks nice. :lol:

I gotta admit...revisiting this collection is a funny little experience.

I, too, really had no taste for Balmain in its Decarnin heyday, but in retrospect, and especially in the current state of fashion, I have to admit that this is a rather charming and beautiful collection.

What strikes me here about this collection is also what sets it so apart from all the crap that’s come since - there’s a real sense of superior craftsmanship as well as a refreshing lack of irony. It’s almost as if Decarnin treated these clothes as absolute couture...you can see the savior faire here...just watch the video and see the clothes move...they’re so refined and delicate - they really do look expensive. And of course, the casting does elevate these clothes even further...something no model of today can dream to do.

The lack of irony I’m getting from this gives me a new appreciation for Decarnin’s work.

I dunno...it feels like the praise is in comparison to the current tragic state of fashion, which doesn't say much for the collection per se. It definitely is expensive, Decarnin's designs were referenced in the most expensive thread a few times.

Dress €1.750,00

Balmain by Christophe Decarnin

Spring 2008

upload_2023-6-2_17-41-37.png

tBz8Cn0x_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back